Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New to DVD in Volume 6 - most anticipated?

Poll

Of the shorts new to DVD in volume 6, which one do you anticipate the most?

Fuelin' Around
Dunked In The Deep
Hugs And Mugs
Love At First Bite
Self Maid Maids
Three Hams On Rye
Studio Stoops
Slaphappy Sleuths
A Snitch In Time
Baby Sitters Jitters
Don't Throw That Knife
Scrambled Brains
Hula-La-La
Pest Man Wins

Offline falsealarms

Of the shorts new to DVD in volume 6, which one do you anticipate the most? Any reason why?

Where the Vol 5 had the least amount of new to DVD shorts, I believe Vol 6 has the most.

For me - it's Studio Stoops. The opening scenes are great and the scenes with Shemp hanging out the window are just as good. One of the better Stooge shorts period. I'll look for a better picture quality on Vol 6. When it was released on VHS, I recall the quality being on the poor side.

Fuelin Around would be a close second.

xraffle

"Slaphappy Sleuths" is what I'm looking forward to. No question about it.

Offline archiezappa

I have to go with "Love At First Bite."  It's one of my all-time favorites with Shemp.  Sure, there's a lot of drinking, but that just makes it more hilarious.  The whole, "our girlfriends are coming, so let's celebrate by getting wasted" kind of thing.  I'm really looking forward to a restored version of it.

"Slaphappy Sleuths" is a close second.  Gotta love that car being in that apartment.  That's one of the Stooges best gags, ever.

"Scrambled Brains" is a close third.  It's Larry's favorite Stooges short and I can see why.  It's really funny. 

Basically, these three are the ones I can't wait to see.  My daughter disagrees, since her all-time favorite Stooges short is "Baby Sitters Jitters."

Offline Justin T

Of the shorts new to DVD in volume 5, which one do you anticipate the most? Any reason why?

Where the Vol 5 had the least amount of new to DVD shorts, I believe Vol 6 has the most.

For me - it's Studio Stoops. The opening scenes are great and the scenes with Shemp hanging out the window are just as good. One of the better Stooge shorts period. I'll look for a better picture quality on Vol 6. When it was released on VHS, I recall the quality being on the poor side.

Fuelin Around would be a close second.

It's Studio Stoops for me too. It's always been one of my favorite shorts. The opening scenes are funny, Shemp hanging out the window with the phone is classic stuff and Larry suggesting "Open the Door" for a password is great. I'm looking foward to seeing this one restored.

Fuelin Around, Slaphappy Sleuths and Three Hams on Rye are all a close second. I love these shorts too. I can't wait to get this set.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Lefty

For me, it would be any one of the "Missing 60" in that I haven't seen any of them uncut for over 35 years, but to pick one, I'd say "Slaphappy Sleuths" as well.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
So many great shorts in this volume it was hard to choose, but I went with "Studio Stoops" (I'm brown from the sun, Shemp:" Aww thats too bad are ya peeling") (Larry: You better lock that door in case our advisaries (sp?) come back, Moe: advisaries, since when did you get so smart" Larry: oh i've been smart all along only you didn't notice, hey when I come back I'll give you the password  Moe: brilliant, what'll it be,  Larry: open the door  Moe: open the door). So many great lines in this short   Shemp: Im the sandman!   

Can't wait til Volume 7 comes out, any word yet?

IFleecem
President
(Nothing else needs to be said!)

Offline BeatleShemp

I'm looking forward to it all!!  Hard to say, but I am gonna go with "Studio Stoops" as well, just because it's a great Moe/Larry vehicle with Shemp doing hilarious stuff on his own.  I'm glad that Elwood Ullman managed to keep the spotlight on Shemp in his scripts (though putting it on Larry for "Fuelin' Around" was a nice touch).  1949-1951 was like the golden era of Shemp like 1940-1944 was for Curly.  An excellent period.

I understand that the next sets of Shemps will have some of his solo shorts to make up for all of the upcoming remakes.

Offline locoboymakesgood

This will no doubt be my most played volume. I can't wait for Slaphappy Sleuths, Fuelin' Around, Three Hams on Rye, and Studio Stoops.

I don't think a lot of people here have seen Three Hams on Rye which I think is one of the best Shemp shorts.. maybe even one of their best, period. It's a little different but the whole short is hysterical. I saw it for the first time last year thanks to ThumpsTheShoes and it was a real treat.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Justin T

This will no doubt be my most played volume. I can't wait for Slaphappy Sleuths, Fuelin' Around, Three Hams on Rye, and Studio Stoops.

I don't think a lot of people here have seen Three Hams on Rye which I think is one of the best Shemp shorts.. maybe even one of their best, period. It's a little different but the whole short is hysterical. I saw it for the first time last year thanks to ThumpsTheShoes and it was a real treat.

I've noticed that Three Hams on Rye doesn't get mentioned alot when it comes to great Shemp shorts. It's one of my favorites and
I think it's one of his best too Loco. I love all the gags in that short, I love Shemp's line to Moe when he sees Larry in the dark coat and
huge top hat "That must be Nick Barker, he's disgused like a black bananna!" That line always cracks me up, as does the opening where
the boys do Shakespeare for the girls. And the reuse of the cake gag from Uncivil Warriors for the finale is done very well I think.

I've watched it many times on my Three Stooges Collection Volume 5 VHS tape from Goodtimes over the years and I'm can't wait to
see it on this DVD set.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Lefty

In "Studio Stoops," the press release that Shemp types up in gibberish is dated June 22nd, so let's all watch it on Monday if we have the DVD by then.

Offline LoU fRoM pRiSoN

What I found out last night that is amazing is the fact that I seriously do not believe that I have EVER...in my entire 46 years of Stooge-watching...seen "Slaphappy Sleuths" before!  If I have seen it, it would have been on Paul Shannon's "Adventure Time" and that would have been pre-'72.  I know that I have not seen in it in the "TBS 'til Now" era.  Shemp pulling out the plate and sandwich and condiments is amazing!