Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Volume 6 Shipping thread.

Offline Stooges#1

We've had one of these topics for the last few volumes.

Mine has shipped from Toronto.  [cool] My delivery estimate is the 15th.

Via the DHL website:

Wednesday, June 10, 2009      Time      Location
Processed at Toronto - Canada 19:14    Toronto - Canada
Shipment picked up                 17:05    Toronto - Canada

Offline falsealarms

Offline Stooges#1

For about 2 days my item has been "Arrived at Sort Facility Richmond - Canada" and I was thinking that it was delayed as it hadnt departed. But just now it is "Processed for clearance at Sydney - Australia"  [cool]

It is 8:30pm on saturday night here so I should get it first thing monday. I live in Melbourne so it should arrive in my city either tonight or tomorrow.

xraffle

Now, my order is "Shipping Soon." I should receive it by the end of the week.

Offline falsealarms

Shipped here. Can't wait to receive this one especially. I've always had a soft spot for the early Curly's, but this is Shemp at his best and a majority of these haven't seen the light on home video in a long time (if ever).

Offline Stooges#1

As of about 40 minutes ago my package is: With delivery courier 07:47  Melbourne - Australia  [cool]

Offline locoboymakesgood

This is probably my most-anticipated volume so far but mine won't even ship until June 22nd, and then it could be another 10 days or so since I opted for Amazon's free shipping

Now I always have bought the volumes at full-retail on release day, but with school getting more expensive and the way my budgeting has gone, I'm glad I can even afford this right now. I had to re-buy Volume 4 too since for some reason my first disc is just riddled with scratches! No idea how, I keep all of my DVDs in immaculate shape. I couldn't play Beer-Barrell Polecats at all (maybe that was a good thing? ;) ). But, of course, the only reason I re-purchased it with Vol. 6 is due to Amazon's sale on the previous volumes as well as that Sony coupon that takes $3 off each Sony product in your order.

So essentially I got two volumes for only $25 which isn't bad, I'm just really impatient!
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Stooges#1

^ You should've emailed Amazon.com about your volume 4 copy and they would've sent you out a new one free of charge. About three times i've had bad dvds arrive from Amazon, an email later and i find that they will not only send me a replacement copy but also tell me to keep the bad copy because it would cost a fair bit to send back. They will charge your credit card when they do it but credit the money back after the replacement has been sent. I guess your price for volume 4 and 6 was fairly low anyway, $25. Their email address is ecr@amazon.com

Mine has arrived.  [cool]

Offline locoboymakesgood

I've had great service with Amazon, but Volume 4 was bought at Best Buy the day it came out. I opened my case the other day to pop in disc 1 and it was scratched. I think it was my player. It's doing the same thing to my Seinfeld DVDs now. Grr.

xraffle

This is probably my most-anticipated volume so far but mine won't even ship until June 22nd, and then it could be another 10 days or so since I opted for Amazon's free shipping

Amazon seems to be shipping fast lately even if you choose free shipping. It's probably because they're desperate for sales due to the lousy economy. My shipping estimate was June 22nd, but they're already have my order shipping soon. So, I probably should get my volume before then.

I've had great service with Amazon, but Volume 4 was bought at Best Buy the day it came out. I opened my case the other day to pop in disc 1 and it was scratched. I think it was my player. It's doing the same thing to my Seinfeld DVDs now. Grr.

Wow! That's interesting. Maybe the laser is too close to the disc or something. This is the first time I've heard of a player scratching a disc. You should probably get a new player. DVD players are dirt cheap now.

I have gotten brand new DVDs (which were not dislodged from the case) that have gotten scratched. Probably lousy manufacturing or something. Luckily, all the Three Stooges volumes I've gotten have been in perfect shape. Kudos to Sony for having good quality control!

Offline Lefty

There was an email from Amazon dated 5:20 a.m. today.  They failed to list the estimated date of shipping.  Brilliant, eh?  Volumes 1, 2, and 3 each arrived on Friday, but Volume 4 came to us the following Tuesday.  Only time will tell.  Knock wood, all of the DVDs I've received from Amazon have been of perfect quality.

xraffle

My DVD finally shipped. Delivery estimate is Friday, June 19th.

Offline Shemp27

This may be for another thread but I have noticied a lot of people complaining about amazon.com. I have ALWAYS recieved my dvd's in no more than 2 business days. I can't speak enough of how great their service is. I am just curious with the problems that some people are having? [3stooges]
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

Offline Lefty

Later yesterday I got another email from Amazon, this time including the shipping date -- June 18th.  Well, in some parts of the world it's June 18th, because it has arrived in Leftyville!  Interesting that the first volume without Curly would get here the earliest.

xraffle

This may be for another thread but I have noticied a lot of people complaining about amazon.com. I have ALWAYS recieved my dvd's in no more than 2 business days. I can't speak enough of how great their service is. I am just curious with the problems that some people are having? [3stooges]

Well Volume 1 took a week after release date for me to receive my package and I paid for shipping that time. Volumes 5 & 6, I ordered with Free Shipping and received them really fast. It's weird, but Amazon is not very consistent with their service. One day, you can get your stuff fast, but at other times, they can take forever. But lately, they've been great.

Offline Shemp27

I have never had a problem but that may be because I am a prime member so I don't know.

Offline dimelives

Yeah, don't prime members get free 2-day shipping?...

xraffle

I have never had a problem but that may be because I am a prime member so I don't know.

Yeah, that's why. I believe Prime Members get faster shipping for free. Probably 2-day shipping, like what dimelives said.

Offline Shemp27

That is what I use but before I switched to prime I still got my packages in the time they specified. Let me tell ya though Prime membership is worth it is you buy a lot from them.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Still an estimated shipping date of June 22nd.