Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Super Everybody

Guest · 11 · 3010

ThumpTheShoes

Took alot of aggravation just to get this blurry video! Was it worth it? Oh, sure!
I wonder what old compilation tape it came from?

[youtube=425,350]2cL0vAaUmD4[/youtube]

That flower looks nothing like gladiolas!

Offline ProfessorStooge

I wonder if The New Three Stooges will ever be released on DVD. These cartoons have not been seen in years.

ThumpTheShoes

Rhino Home Video really had a good thing going with the dvd volumes 1&2. Aside from the credit sequences, the transfers looked really good.

Madacy, somehow, seems to have gotten hold of the Rhino masters for their "Collector's Edition" tin, as it contained similar quality cartoons previously unreleased on dvd. Problem is, the aspect ratio for the Madacy set (all four discs of varying content!) is all wrong, resulting in a vertically squeezed image and, on top of that, the video has frame-dropping issues, preventing it from being what it really should have been-- a decent release!

I was sure I'd seen an article online about some other company buying up the elements to these cartoon shows, but derned if I can find it now. Somebody ought to put these out properly, for sure!

Offline archiezappa

You would think that somebody out there would want to put these out to coincide with the releases of the Columbia Short Subjects.  It would only make sense.

In my opinion, the New Three Stooges is the result of the Stooges wanting to be on television.  A perfect set of these would include:  the 156 cartoons, the 1949 pilot "Jerks Of All Trades," "The Three Stooges Scrapbook" (pilot) and "Kook's Tour."  This would be the ultimate set.  And of course all these would be in chronological order.  What do ya'll think?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Took alot of aggravation just to get this blurry video! Was it worth it? Oh, sure!
I wonder what old compilation tape it came from?

"Super Everybody" never appeared on a compilation tape/disc... that's an off-TV copy.

That cartoon (# 150) was part of the original 1965 1/2-hr syndication package. When the cartoons were resyndicated later in the '60s, as individual toons, "Super Everbody" was not included... sometime in '66 DC Comics filed a trademark infringement complaint, and that toon was pulled to avoid litigation.

It later returned in some 1980s TV syndication packages, but was not included in the Embassy Home Entertainment (VHS) packages of the 1980s, or the Rhino Video DVD volumes of the early 2000s.

I wonder if The New Three Stooges will ever be released on DVD. These cartoons have not been seen in years.

Not true.
 - Rhino released 32 of the toons to DVD in the early 2000s, but abandoned the series after 2 volumes to poor sales.
 - 155 of the 156 toons (excl. "Super Everybody") were released by Embassy Home Entertainment in the late '80s on VHS. These VHS volumes are easily available from numerous used home video sellers. See this site's Videography for content information.
 - The toons are not public domain, but have been treated as such by numerous video distributors for almost 30 years. Some can be found on virtually every PD collection. A sampling of some of these PD collections can be found throughout the Videography. And there are many more PD collections with the Stooges' toons, that are not worth a listing in the Videography.

Offline archiezappa

That's weird.  I wonder why Embassy only release 155 and not 156.  What is it about that cartoon that made them omit it?

I don't know about the Embassy company now, but I wonder if they could reissue those videos on DVD.  And, perhaps, include Super Everybody, Jerks Of All Trades, The Three Stooges Scrapbook and Kook's Tour.  Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
That's weird.  I wonder why Embassy only release 155 and not 156.  What is it about that cartoon that made them omit it?

Explained above.

Offline WhyIOughta

At a garage sale, I found a "New 3 Stooges" DVD, from a company called "Genius Products."  I had nine 'full-length episodes,' and the DVD is dated '2004.'  (It was the only Stooges DVD at the garage sale.)  Episodes are un-numbered, and the nine episodes are...

Baby Sitters
Bigger They Are Harder To Hit
Boobs In The Woods
Call Of The Wile
Dentist The Menace
Dinopoodi
Don't Misbehave Indian Brave
Droll Weevil
Flat Heads

Also, while trying to find out more info in regards to these, and hopefully, a list of all 150+ of these episodes, I found a webite with more of these episodes on it...  http://www.joost.com/search?q=Three+Stooges .........

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
At a garage sale, I found a "New 3 Stooges" DVD, from a company called "Genius Products."  I had nine 'full-length episodes,' and the DVD is dated '2004.'  (It was the only Stooges DVD at the garage sale.)  Episodes are un-numbered, and the nine episodes are...

Baby Sitters
Bigger They Are Harder To Hit
Boobs In The Woods
Call Of The Wile
Dentist The Menace
Dinopoodi
Don't Misbehave Indian Brave
Droll Weevil
Flat Heads

Also, while trying to find out more info in regards to these, and hopefully, a list of all 150+ of these episodes, I found a webite with more of these episodes on it...  http://www.joost.com/search?q=Three+Stooges .........

All you have to do is look at this site's Filmography: The New 3 Stooges.

ThumpTheShoes

What is it about that cartoon that made them omit it?

It had to be that Dragon Man character that pissed off DC! :laugh:

Offline archiezappa

Sorry about that.  I guess I deserve this  [pie] for not reading the post more clearly.  But it's stuff like that that has kept some of the best stuff off of home video.  Remember the 1960's Batman TV Series?  I love that show.  But it's not on an official DVD set.  That *royally* sucks!   >:D