Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Coll. Vol. 6 1949-1951, June 16

BeAStooge · 168 · 56109

Linked Events

• Stooges DVD Vol. 6 1949-1951: June 16, 2009 - June 22, 2009

Offline Porcupine73

Amazon also taking pre-orders for Volume 6 as of today! At $17.99    "I'm losing my mind!"

Offline Stooges#1

^ Thank You.  [cool] Its on Amazon.ca as well. http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0024396EM/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

I've pre-ordered mine for $24 from there as it'll probably reach a price of over $37 again like volume 5 did. The Australian dollar is currently buying 71 US cents and 88 Canadian cents so it makes sense to buy it from Amazon.ca.

Offline dimelives

I'm not pre-ordering this time. Just gonna grab it in the store =P Hate waiting for shipping.

xraffle

I'm not pre-ordering this time. Just gonna grab it in the store =P Hate waiting for shipping.

Last time, Amazon wasn't too bad. My Volume 5 DVD arrived only two days after release date. For $15.99 and free shipping, I'm not complaining. 

BTW, in my case, June 16 is a very long time to wait. Between now and then, I have finals, graduation, and job hunting in this lousy economy. All of that will occur before I get to sit down and enjoy the new Volume 6 set.

Offline dimelives

BTW, in my case, June 16 is a very long time to wait. Between now and then, I have finals, graduation, and job hunting in this lousy economy. All of that will occur before I get to sit down and enjoy the new Volume 6 set.
Yeah but all that stuff will make the time fly bigtime, just watch! Better than sitting around bored waiting for the day to come.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collection-Vol-1949-1951/dp/B0024396EM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1238791771&sr=1-5

Amazon links, that help defray the costs of this website, are available...

- In the ThreeStooges.net Videography

- On each individual movie's filmography page

- And, as soon as artwork is available on Amazon, Dunrobin also adds the DVD collections to the widget marquee on the home page

Offline falsealarms

Amazon links, that help defray the costs of this website, are available...

- In the ThreeStooges.net Videography

- On each individual movie's filmography page

- And, as soon as artwork is available on Amazon, Dunrobin also adds the DVD collections to the widget marquee on the home page

And now this post has been updated as well.

Offline benjilbum

This is such great news. Vol. 6 already. We're 1/2 way home now and getting all the rare Shemp stuff that's been so hard to find. I suppose the last volume with be all Besser, but even that will be good to have. Or maybe the 4 "AS" Shemps and Besser's. I also hope they included the Shemp, Besser and DeRita Columbia shorts too. I have copies of them, but not very good ones.

Offline Lefty

In the past few weeks, our local Stooges channel has shown (incomplete and cut, of course) quite a few of what we will receive in Volume 6.  It'll be great to see "Slaphappy Sleuths" in full for the first time in decades, along with what the channel has also chopped out -- Shemp's famous "Ras banyas yatta benne fuchi ... June 22nd" from "Studio Stoops."

Offline Porcupine73

Any bets on set colors or front image? ;D

Light blue!!!! Sony rooked us! Guess they're saving Brown & Orange for the later volumes... and Pink for the Besser years   :D

xraffle

Light blue!!!! Sony rooked us! Guess they're saving Brown & Orange for the later volumes... and Pink for the Besser years   :D

Nice! Looks like Sony is late with the press release. This same thing happened with Volume 5. But anways, it definitely looks officially. On the side you see pictures of "Self-Made Maids" and "Slaphappy Sleuths."

Can anyone figure out what short the front cover is from? It looks like "Three Hams On Rye," but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline mark32570

"For you, I have thee grand surprise"
"So do I, if you only knew it"

Offline Porcupine73

NICE!!! (Guess I should have figured out how to upload pics.) It does look great

Hard to believe that by June we'll have remastered versions of over 70% of all Stooge shorts, including ALL the Curlys and MOST of the original Shemps.

Offline Justin T

Nice! Looks like Sony is late with the press release. This same thing happened with Volume 5. But anways, it definitely looks officially. On the side you see pictures of "Self-Made Maids" and "Slaphappy Sleuths."

Can anyone figure out what short the front cover is from? It looks like "Three Hams On Rye," but I'm not 100% sure.

I think that picture is from The Tooth Will Out. They wore 19th Century style clothes in that one.

I love the cover for Volume 6, the light blue is nice and great pic's on the side also. Nice to see ones from Maids, Hames on Rye, Hula La La, Slaphappy Sleuths and many more. This set is going to rock.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

I think that picture is from The Tooth Will Out. They wore 19th Century style clothes in that one.

I love the cover for Volume 6, the light blue is nice and great pic's on the side also. Nice to see ones from Maids, Hames on Rye, Hula La La, Slaphappy Sleuths and many more. This set is going to rock.

Oh yeah, you're right! The picture is from "The Tooth Will Out." I haven't watched that short in a while, so I had a little memory block.

You're right. This set is going to rock. I'm not sure if I'm going to pre-order this one or buy it in the store. Amazon has it for $17.99 right now, but it may decrease later on, like Volume 5 did. I guess I'll have to sleep on it.

Offline luke795

On Volume 5 what short is the picture with Shemp's head in the circle from?

ThumpTheShoes

On Volume 5 what short is the picture with Shemp's head in the circle from?

Looks like All Gummed Up (and they're all pointing to the right!). It's from the same photo used inside the disc 2 case.

Offline falsealarms

If that's the final cover, I absolutely love it. It just looks so good. Way better than the VOL 5 cover.

Offline archiezappa

Awesome cover art!  I can't wait to get this set.  It will be a treat to see all of these Shemp episodes remastered.  Most of these I've only seen on tv, cut, and with commercials.

Offline archiezappa

I actually like the light blue color.  It looks good.  I guess the next two volumes after this will be orange and then yellow.  Because the Joe Besser set will have to be pink.

xraffle

LOL, I was only kidding about the pink, fellas. :laugh:

I hope Sony does not consider pink for any of the volumes.

Offline archiezappa

Yeah, I was just kidding, too.  But it is Joe Besser, you know.

xraffle

Yeah, I was just kidding, too.  But it is Joe Besser, you know.

Good to hear. I thought people here took me seriously. But if Sony does indeed decide to use pink, then yeah, use it for the Besser volumes.