Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Announcement for TMD IV

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
For a couple of years now there have been talks of a new "Three Stooges" movie, not a biopic but three actors pretending taking up the mantles of Moe, Larry and Curly for a new Stooges adventure.

No, the question for TMD IV is not "will the new movie be good" because I would have a harder time finding someone to debate in favor of the movie than I did finding someone to debate that the real Stooges should have made a transition to feature films. I'm sure 99.99% of the members of this site are expecting this movie to stink should it be made, so instead I pose this question for the fourth installment of The Master Debates:

Should hardcore Three Stooges fans see the new movie to be supportive of the new project or should they boycott the movie altogether?

Anyone interested should send me a short private message explaining what side you wish to take and how you would go about it. Everyone except Dunrobin, the winner of TMD III and myself are available to participate and the winner gets a one year subscription to The Three Stooges Journal.

Good luck and keep on strokin'.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Find a new topic ... even the dweebs who thought "Stoogemania" was a worthy picture have found a place in our Stooge icon ... 'cmon .. this topic cannot be won by a person against any such project that involves our beloved boys.

(current debater ... awaiting Curlydame's response ...I have a say in later debates, dammit!!)

(although, it IS appealing to get a response from our group of Stooge fans as to how many will pay current movie dollars to see the flick.)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

xraffle

(current debater ... awaiting Curlydame's response ...I have a say in later debates, dammit!!)

I feel sorry for you and Metaldams. The suspense must be killing both of you, by now. Perhaps, that's exactly what Curlysdame is trying to do. >:D

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
BTW ... I'm drunk
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
....and I'm sober, I guess we're both fucked.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
I feel sorry for you and Metaldams. The suspense must be killing both of you, by now. Perhaps, that's exactly what Curlysdame is trying to do. >:D

Well, if your ass voted the right way, we wouldn't be in this mess!   [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Well, if your ass voted the right way, we wouldn't be in this mess!   [pie]

I'm sorry. But you see, I needed the $50 that Giff gave me for.... Uh oh! Was I not supposed to say anything? Oh, sorry Giff. The jig is up. I'll run away now.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Find a new topic ... even the dweebs who thought "Stoogemania" was a worthy picture have found a place in our Stooge icon ... 'cmon .. this topic cannot be won by a person against any such project that involves our beloved boys.

(although, it IS appealing to get a response from our group of Stooge fans as to how many will pay current movie dollars to see the flick.)

I know there are folks who have said they would see and even enjoy anything with "Three Stooges" slapped on it, that's why I picked this topic. If you or anyone else has a better idea you won't hurt my feelings by making a suggestion and I could very well change it. To be quite honest I have been pre-occupied and haven't even read anything from TMD III, so if Sarah evens the score you'll have an even longer wait.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Oh shit!  Sorry guys!  I forgot to cast my vote.  Since all of my questions have been answered in the rebuttals, my vote is with Metaldams.

Did you possibly post this in the wrong thread?   ;D

xraffle

Oh shit!  Sorry guys!  I forgot to cast my vote.  Since all of my questions have been answered in the rebuttals, my vote is with Metaldams.

Oh wow! I was the only one who voted for Giff. Oh well. Better luck next time again, Giff.

Offline curlysdame

• Puddinhead
Did you possibly post this in the wrong thread?   ;D

Yeah, I guess I did.  My bad...   :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

xraffle

Hmm. I wonder if I should take a whack at this. And what's funny is that I can think of many reasons why fans should and shouldn't support this film. Jim, if all the submissions end up being all for the same side like last time, let me know and I'll take on the other side.

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's that time again to solicit judges. Anybody who wants in just say so here.

xraffle

Before, everyone wanted to be a judge. Now, nobody wants in. Maybe people aren't reading this thread.

Jim, maybe you should try starting a new thread like you did in the first two debates. That will probably capture people's attention more.