Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Announcement for The Master Debates III

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
While xraffle and Finebari3 compete in TMD II I'd like to remind everyone the month of March will bring with it the third installment of The Master Debates, and I have decided what the topic will be. Some fans of classic comedy look down on the Stooges because they for the most a team that made short subjects and never made a full transition to feature length films. So with that in mind I present to you...

The Master Debates III: Should The Three Stooges have made real features with Curly, or were they better off in shorts?

Everyone except for myself, Dunrobin and the pending winner of TMD II is eligible to send me a submission via Private Message. In this submission you should explain briefly what side of the debate you wish to take and how you go about doing so if chosen. I will choose one person to represent each side of the argument on March 1. Submissions for TMD II ended up outnumbering TMD I, and I hope to see the same for TMD III. The winner will receive a one year subscription to the Three Stooges Journal. Good luck and happy Master Debating.

Special thanks to metaldams for the suggestion.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

I highly encourage everyone to give this a shot. I’m really having a lot of fun participating in TMD II and I’m sure many of you will enjoy participating in this. So, don’t be hesitant. If you’re interested in trying this out, by all means, go for it.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Just a friendly bump for this thread...I have already received a couple of submissions but the more I get to choose from the better (besides, all of the submissions so far are for the same side).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
I'd love to judge in this debate category.....I enjoyed taking the time to fully read, comprehend, and rate the two debate sides, with rebuttal...Put me down for judge-ship, if it's not too early..... "Thanks, judgeie--wudgie, you're a pal!"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I am going to extend the deadline for submissions until the 5th not because I don't have any but because they are all for one side. If anyone wants to take up the position that the Stooges should have transitioned to features with Curly let me know via Private Message.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Jim, just a suggestion, but maybe in the future, you should throw out a couple of questions and poll people on them before including them in the debates.  That way, you can see what kind of questions have differing opinions and which ones don't.

Then again, I'm listening to BAND ON THE RUN while typing this, so you may find this suggestion long on its douche like qualities.

I'm a bluebird, I'm a bluebird, I'm a bluebird, yeah yeah yeah!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Jim, just a suggestion, but maybe in the future, you should throw out a couple of questions and poll people on them before including them in the debates.  That way, you can see what kind of questions have differing opinions and which ones don't.

Then again, I'm listening to BAND ON THE RUN while typing this, so you may find this suggestion long on its douche like qualities.

I'm a bluebird, I'm a bluebird, I'm a bluebird, yeah yeah yeah!

But .. I thought the MAJOR was a little lady suffragette ... and the jailer man, and sailor Sam was searching everyone ... and that it's just another day ... and the butter wouldn't melt so I put it in the pie.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
But .. I thought the MAJOR was a little lady suffragette ... and the jailer man, and sailor Sam was searching everyone ... and that it's just another day ... and the butter wouldn't melt so I put it in the pie.

I don't drink often, but on the night when I was at my most drunk, my brother tells me I was trying to lead a chorus of drunk bachelor party dudes to sing "Silly Love Songs."  All I remember was the dry heaves. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
I am going to extend the deadline for submissions until the 5th not because I don't have any but because they are all for one side. If anyone wants to take up the position that the Stooges should have transitioned to features with Curly let me know via Private Message.

My two cents?   You'd probably have a better chance of finding people that want Captain Spaulding back...... We may ned to switch to a new TMD question, IMHO......

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
My two cents?   You'd probably have a better chance of finding people that want Captain Spaulding back...... We may ned to switch to a new TMD question, IMHO......

Well I've already got one submission but will continue to keep it open until the 5th in case anyone else wants to try and take a shot.