Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Master Debates I: Judges Needed

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm looking for judges for the upcoming Master Debates I: Besser vs Derita. All you have to do is be willing to carefully read both of the submissions, pose a question to both of the debaters, render an unbiased verdict (try not to let your opinion on the subject influence you on who made the better argument) and explain why you chose who you chose.

Our very own esteemed webmaster Dunrobin has volunteered to be one of the judges so I need three more people to join him. All you need to do to become a judge is be one of the first three people to reply to this thread saying you want in. From the submissions I've gotten this should be very interesting indeed.

Also, if you'd like to try and take part in Master Debates I, there is still time to send me a submission by way of Private Message. Send a SHORT submission on which side you want to take on the question "Who was the better Stooge, Joe Besser or Joe Derita?", explaining in some detail how you approach the topic. If I think your submission is the best you'll be chosen. The prize is a one year subscription to The Three Stooges Journal compliments of this website.

Again, to become a judge for Master Debates I just reply to this thread saying you want in. The first three replies will be chosen.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline curlysdame

• Puddinhead
Sounds fun!  I want in....
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Justin T

• Toastmaster General
  • Birdbrain
I would like to be a judge also, I'm looking foward to reading the submissions.
This should be fun.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
OK, you're both in...just need one more judge now.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline locoboymakesgood

• I Loves Gravy!
  • Numbskull
I'd like to give it a shot.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Awesome, we have our judges!