Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Lorna Gray upcoming appearence (11/19/08)

Offline falsealarms

Annual Meeting & Evening @ The Barn

Adrian Booth (aka Lorna Gray)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008
7:30 pm
The Hollywood Heritage Museum
in the Lasky-DeMille Barn
2100 North Highland Avenue 
(Across from the Hollywood Bowl)
Free Parking, Refreshments available

In addition to our annual membership meeting, we will have an in-person appearance by

former Columbia and Republic Pictures serial queen, comedienne and Western star Lorna

Gray (aka Adrian Booth). Ms. Gray/Booth, whose remarkable career included appearances

with W. C. Fields, Buster Keaton, Charley Chase, the Three Stooges, Boris Karloff and John

Wayne, will discuss and show clips of her films. We will be screening the 1939 Three Stooges

short Three Sappy People. Memorabilia signing to follow.

Admission for members is free, non-members is $8.00.

http://www.hollywoodheritage.org/

Offline curlysdame

Wow!  I wish I could go to that!  I've wanted to meet Ms. Booth for so long.  I know she made a few appearances at the annual Stooges Meetings, but I was unable to go.   :-\
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline StepInspector

Wasn't Lorna Gray the actress who played Sherry, the uncontrollable wife? I read somewhere that during the filming of the food fight, she actually was gagging for breath due to an open-mouth hit which forced the material down her throat and she started choking. If you look at the short, it is a verrrrrry quick cut after the hit and you see her face registering surprise and fear.

Please lemme know what ya think.

Tanks

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I read somewhere that during the filming of the food fight, she actually was gagging for breath due to an open-mouth hit which forced the material down her throat and she started choking. If you look at the short, it is a verrrrrry quick cut after the hit and you see her face registering surprise and fear.

A long-standing, exaggerated tale.

Per Adrian Booth (aka "Lorna") herself, the look was nothing more than surprise over how accurate & effective the throw was, even after Jules told her what the scene was and what to expect.  She didn't choke... just spit it out, and filming resumed.