Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

consonants and vowels song

GOHAN · 12 · 11592

Offline GOHAN

I'm looking for the words and music of a song about vowels and consonants in the short where the Stooges work in a filling station, destroy the elegant touring car of three professors who came in for gas. Later the Stooges commandeer an ice truck and act as imposters of the professors. Mo does a great job in leading college students in a song. Does anyone know the words and music to the song or where I can find it? Thanks, GOHAN

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The song you're looking for is "The Alphabet Song", and the short is Violent Is The Word For Curly. I'm sure you can run a search for the lyrics via a search engine if they are not here.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
The short ("Violent is the Word for Curly") is available on the Videos page, as is the clip of the Stooges doing the Alphabet song.  The song is also available on the Audio page as a .wav file.

As for the words, they're pretty easy:

B - A - bay
B - E - bee
B - I - bicky-bye
B - 0 - bo
Bicky-bye bo B - U - boo,
Bicky-bye bo boo

And so on through the alphabet.

Offline Baggie

If you are after the music too, the best man to ask would be the great Pils...
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Pilsner Panther

If you are after the music too, the best man to ask would be the great Pils...

"The great?" I'm flattered..! Mother always said I was great, too— a great pain in the neck.

::)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Here it is, lazy-ass!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

CURLYFAN

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
If you email me I will send the wav file to you

If you look at my post, above, you'll see that it is already available here on this site as a .WAV file, and that we have a video clip of it as well.

CURLYFAN

OK I did play the episode and I did play the audio but I do not see the  clip of the Stooges doing the Alphabet song.

What do I click on to see the clip of the Stooges doing the Alphabet song. ???

thanks

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
OK I did play the episode and I did play the audio but I do not see the  clip of the Stooges doing the Alphabet song.

What do I click on to see the clip of the Stooges doing the Alphabet song. ???

thanks

Scroll down to the bottom of the RealPlayer Videos page, where it says "Short Clips," and click on the link that says "Swinging the Alphabet."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 07:14:00 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline dbaxter1991

I LOVE that episode right there! Even when my old chorus teacher said, "Who knows the alphabet song on the Three Stooges. It goes B A Bay B A Bee B I Biggy Bye...and so on" I was the only person who knew it! May not sound like much but...