Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Amazon "preparing to ship" Vol 3

Offline falsealarms

Per my order status, Amazon is preparing to ship volume 3. This leads me to believe that there's a chance they could be shipped out tomorrow.

Keep an eye on your order.

Offline Stooges#1

Mine too.

Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: August 28, 2008 - September 3, 2008
Shipping estimate: August 26, 2008 1 of: The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 3: 1940-1942
Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.

So they should ship tomorrow or the day after.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Yep.  I received an email notice this afternoon from Amazon.com saying that my order has shipped.   ;)

Offline falsealarms

Yep.  I received an email notice this afternoon from Amazon.com saying that my order has shipped.   ;)

Aren't you lucky  ;D

AmalgamatedMoron

What the hell Rob!  How did you get so lucky?  I ordered Volume 3, along with Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical Collection (for the kids of course  ::)), on July 31st.  Amazon is giving me a shipping estimate of September 2nd?  My experience with them is that they are pretty quick. So this may be an oddity of some sort.  I'm getting the same message as falsealarms, that my order is "preparing to ship".  Let's hope so!

Offline Stooges#1

What the hell Rob!  How did you get so lucky?  I ordered Volume 3, along with Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical Collection (for the kids of course  ::)), on July 31st.  Amazon is giving me a shipping estimate of September 2nd?  My experience with them is that they are pretty quick. So this may be an oddity of some sort.  I'm getting the same message as falsealarms, that my order is "preparing to ship".  Let's hope so!

Sept 2nd? It probably all depends on your shipping method.

I always choose the quickest and without fail i get my packages shipped on release day, even if i place the order 2-3 days before. But i live in Australia so Amazon.com might do the orders based on how far you live from where they're based.

xraffle

If your order is preparing to ship, then it will ship soon. Amazon does tend to exaggerate their shipping/delivery estimates.

This puzzles me about Amazon. How are they able to ship items on a Sunday? They've done that to me several times. [confused2]

Offline falsealarms

If your order is preparing to ship, then it will ship soon. Amazon does tend to exaggerate their shipping/delivery estimates.

This puzzles me about Amazon. How are they able to ship items on a Sunday? They've done that to me several times. [confused2]

That probably just means they've sent it to the shipping facility.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
When I just checked the tracking info on Amazon.com, I found the following update:

DateTimeLocationEvent Details
August 24, 2008   04:34:00 PM   ALLEN PARK MI   Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Since I chose standard shipping, that means that I'll probably see it by the end of the week, if the postal gods are merciful.   ::)       

AmalgamatedMoron

Halleluiah!  My Amazon order just shipped per an email received from them at 7:18 PM on Sunday the 25th.  Yes, the drool has begun!   [yay]  Sorry guys, I had to brag.

Offline falsealarms

Mine has been shipped too. I did 2 day shipping this time as I didn't want Labor Day next week to be any kind of potential hold-up.

It says it might come tomorrow.

xraffle

I never pay extra for faster shipping because I end up paying double the price. It's cheaper for me to just go to the store and buy it.

I'll be going to New York-based J&R and get my copy there tomorrow after work.

Offline falsealarms

I never pay extra for faster shipping because I end up paying double the price. It's cheaper for me to just go to the store and buy it.

I'll be going to New York-based J&R and get my copy there tomorrow after work.

Standard shipping (+ tax, thanks new NY laws) was like 21.99. 2 day ship was 4.00 more.

xraffle

Standard shipping (+ tax, thanks new NY laws) was like 21.99. 2 day ship was 4.00 more.

I just went to Amazon and I added the Volume 3 DVD in my cart to see what the total would come out to if I picked Two-Day Shipping. This was the result I got:

Items:$16.99
Shipping & Handling:$6.98
Pre-order Guarantee-$0.00
Total Before Tax:$23.97
Estimated Tax:$2.01
Order Total:$25.98

Not much of a bargain for me.

AmalgamatedMoron

Wow falsealarms!  You paid 26 bucks for shipping?  That's more than the DVD itself!  I ordered over 25 bucks worth of product from Amazon and got the Super Saver free shipping, which is what I've been doing more recently.  It will probably still make it here by the end of the week.  If I was in your situation I think I would check the local stores, or look for a store that offers free "shipping" to one of their stores.  They then allow you to pick it up at the store for no additional cost.  Walmart does this with products you buy from them online.  If the local Walmart doesn't carry an item, you can purchase it online and they will send it to your local store for pick up at no additional cost. 

What sucks is, if you happen to go out and do a little shopping tomorrow the 26th, and come across a copy of Volume 3 of the Stooges for say, 20 bucks, you're gonna kick yourself for paying 26 dollars for shipping.  Oh well, I don't mean to preach.  But whenever I order something online, and I want to get it quickly, I always cringe in horror at the shipping rates.  They're astronomical and absurd, and often cost more that what you are buying in the first place.  Which is really hard to swallow when your wife sees the credit card bill and raises hell.  "What, you couldn't wait a couple more days for that stupid DVD"!  Which is why I didn't pay extra for shipping this time, and have begun to use Amazon's free shipping feature.  They offer it on most items if you spend at least 25 dollars.  It's a pretty good deal, and the items seem to arrive in a pretty timely manner.

xraffle

Paul, it was $26 total (DVD+Tax+Shipping). That was not the shipping price. LOL.

AmalgamatedMoron

Paul, it was $26 total (DVD+Tax+Shipping). That was not the shipping price. LOL.

Oops, sorry!  I thought that sounded a tad bit high.  I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the reference to the "NY laws", that shipping there is terribly expensive.  Though I have come across such "one day" rates when I have purchased product online.  I've always wondered why someone would need something so bad, that they would pay those one day rates?  I guess if you have money to burn, what the hell!

xraffle

Oops, sorry!  I thought that sounded a tad bit high.  I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the reference to the "NY laws", that shipping there is terribly expensive.  Though I have come across such "one day" rates when I have purchased product online.  I've always wondered why someone would need something so bad, that they would pay those one day rates?  I guess if you have money to burn, what the hell!

The NY laws thing is tax. Amazon used to never charge tax on items shipped to NY. But thanks to the new law, they do charge tax now. Amazon supposedly filed a lawsuit, but I don't how that turned out. It doesn't seem like Amazon won.

I've sold over 100 items on Ebay and it only happened twice where someone paid extra for faster shipping. Very rarely do people choose that. Some people do choose it when they need the item in time for Christmas or some other occasion. With me, if I need an item so badly, I'll just go to the store and get it. This is why I'm going to the store to get Volume 3. I want it that badly. ;D

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
When I just checked the tracking info on Amazon.com, I found the following update:

DateTimeLocationEvent Details
August 24, 2008   04:34:00 PM   ALLEN PARK MI   Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Since I chose standard shipping, that means that I'll probably see it by the end of the week, if the postal gods are merciful.       

- Received a shipping email notification on Thursday (USPS Standard), leaving from Phoenix AZ
 - Saturday, tracking showed it at the P.O. up the street from my office in Bergen NJ
 - 10 minutes ago, my secretary placed it on my desk with the rest of the morning mail

To: beastooge@xxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 9:25 pm
Subject: Your Amazon.com order has shipped (#xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx)

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Qty                           Item    Price         Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1  Three Stooges Collection 3...   $16.99               1   $16.99

Regardless, with my schedule this week, I doubt if I'll have a chance to watch it until the holiday weekend.

xraffle

- 10 minutes ago, my secretary placed it on my desk with the rest of the morning mail

Whoa! You're lucky! You received it the day before release date. Anyone else receive there's today?

Offline archiezappa

I will once again take my chances on finding a copy on the day of release at my local Walmart (in Athens, Alabama).  I've been pretty lucky so far.  They've been getting about 5 or 6 copies of each one, but only on the release date.  Wish me luck!

AmalgamatedMoron

The NY laws thing is tax. Amazon used to never charge tax on items shipped to NY. But thanks to the new law, they do charge tax now. Amazon supposedly filed a lawsuit, but I don't how that turned out. It doesn't seem like Amazon won.

I've sold over 100 items on Ebay and it only happened twice where someone paid extra for faster shipping. Very rarely do people choose that. Some people do choose it when they need the item in time for Christmas or some other occasion. With me, if I need an item so badly, I'll just go to the store and get it. This is why I'm going to the store to get Volume 3. I want it that badly. ;D

Yeah x, your probably right about the motivation to upgrade shipping, it's usually to get the item in time for Christmas or a special occasion (though if this isn't a special occasion, I don't know what is!).  I will probably go to Walmart just to see if they are carrying it, and if they are, I will kick myself because I have to wait a few more days.  Though, if my local Walmart has Volume 3 available on the release date of the 26th, I will probably pass on ordering Volume 4 from Amazon and just buy it on October 7th from Walmart.  My local Walmart is currently carrying Volumes 1 and 2, so it's probably not a gamble to expect 3 and 4.   

xraffle

I will probably go to Walmart just to see if they are carrying it, and if they are, I will kick myself because I have to wait a few more days. 

That happened to me with Volume 1. I ordered that from Amazon but it didn't arrive until almost a week after the release date. However, on the day it came out, I went to New York's J&R electronic store and they had tons of copies. Boy, did I kick myself for days. With Volume 2, I went to Best Buy on the first day and was able to grab the one and only copy they had. Since then, I had no regrets turning away from Amazon. For some reason, they don't like me. With me, they ship extremely slow.

Offline Justin T

Well, I finally ordered my copy of Vol 3 off of Amazon.com today. I bought it and Burn Notice Season 1 and
asked for 2 day shipping so I should recieve Vol 3 by Thursday.

I can't wait to get my hands on it  [pie]
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Shemp27

Hey guys just to give my two cents. It is worth the 75.00 a year to be an amazon prime member because if you order a lot on there you make your money back. Example of this is that when I order ANYTHING i get free 2 day shipping which means i get volume 3 on release day which is pretty nifty. If i would have splurged the extra 3.99 I would have gotten it a day before release on monday. So for all you people who paid for two day or one day shipping be prepared for your DVD on or before release day. If you for the free super saver shipping I would expect it around friday or so. Hope I helped some people
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!