Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Amazon Finally Posts Volume 4's Artwork, But Has Yet To Lower Price?

Guest · 22 · 5702

AmalgamatedMoron

I just noticed that Amazon has finally posted Volume 4's artwork, though they have been taking pre-orders for Volume 4 for some time now.  They were lagging behind several other sites.  This is interesting given the fact that they probably sell more DVD's in a day than these other sites do in a year.  So one might understand that they are a very busy online retailer (in the top ten I'm sure), but all the more reason to be up to date.

I'm also puzzled by Amazon's current price of $21.99, for Volume 4.  With the previous three sets, including Volume 3's current price, they have offered an introductory price of $16.99.  The price has then gone up to $19.99, Volume 1 and 2's current price.

I know this isn't an issue for us die-hard fans, who will gladly pay more if we have to, but I'm just curious as to the cause of the price increase.  A phone call to Amazon was not helpful.  The customer service reps are not privy to such information.  Anyone have any info on the price increase?

Offline Hammond Eggar

Man, let's keep our fingers crossed that the apparent price increase is due to some bonus material.  I doubt it is, but one sure can hope. ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Sadistic Stooge

AmalgamatedMoron

Man, let's keep our fingers crossed that the apparent price increase is due to some bonus material.  I doubt it is, but one sure can hope. ;)

Yeah Hammond, wouldn't that be nice.  But I doubt it given the artwork shots of the front, and back, released so far.  There is no indication of extras on the cover.  Unless of course these shots are not final?

Offline Stooges#1

I dont know if Amazon.com would know about any extras being on the set? I think that they just saw how successful volume 1 and 2 was on Amazon.com, volume 3 is selling well and they've figured that they can bump up the price by a few dollars and people would still not hesitate to buy the set.

xraffle

I don't think Volume 4 will contain any extras. And Amazon did think correctly. I would still buy Volume 4 even if it's a few dollars more. I guess they figured that stooge fans are anxious to see the newly, restored Micro-Phonies. So, they felt they can jack up the price a little bit. ;D

Offline locoboymakesgood

If you have a Fry's locally, it will be $19.99 MSRP.. that's where I am getting mine.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

I just checked and Amazon still hasn't lowered the price. But the sales rank is #84 as of now which is not bad. I guess fans are still willing to pay the extra price. It's doing better than the Popeye sets, which is a very good sign.

Offline ArPharazon

As of now, Amazon has it for $16.99 (plus whatever S&H charges you choose).
Got mine @ BB Tuesday afternoon and watched You Nazty Spy & I'll Never Heil Again back-to-back so far.

xraffle

As of now, Amazon has it for $16.99 (plus whatever S&H charges you choose).
Got mine @ BB Tuesday afternoon and watched You Nazty Spy & I'll Never Heil Again back-to-back so far.

How many copies did Best Buy have? I'm hoping they learned by now that they should stock up more copies.

BTW- Amazon still has Volume 4 for $21.99. Either they changed it back or you checked the Volume 3 DVD by accident.

AmalgamatedMoron

How many copies did Best Buy have? I'm hoping they learned by now that they should stock up more copies.

BTW- Amazon still has Volume 4 for $21.99. Either they changed it back or you checked the Volume 3 DVD by accident.

He's confused X.  He said he watched YOU NAZTY SPY and I'LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN.  Obviously referring to Volume 3, not 4.  Volume 4 is still $21.99 at Amazon, just as it has been from the first day they put it up for pre-order.  At this point I don't expect them to lower the price, because they usually offer a lowered pre-order price ($16.99), then raise it to the usual $19.99.  Volume 4 must be the exception here, as it is already priced higher than the "final" price of Volumes 1 & 2 ($19.99).  Perhaps this is an indication of what Amazon's customers will have to pay for the subsequent volumes.

xraffle

At this point I don't expect them to lower the price, because they usually offer a lowered pre-order price ($16.99), then raise it to the usual $19.99.  Volume 4 must be the exception here, as it is already priced higher than the "final" price of Volumes 1 & 2 ($19.99).  Perhaps this is an indication of what Amazon's customers will have to pay for the subsequent volumes.

On Best Buy's site, they have it for available for pre-order for $19.99. It seems to be just Amazon that's raising the price. It's strange that Amazon hasn't lowered the price. It seems to be a mistake that their not catching.

Offline ArPharazon

Yeah, I was looking at V.3, sorry.  It's a coincidence [pie]

The Gurnee, IL. Best Buy had 3 copies in the "normal" spot in the T section, but there might have been more in one of the many new product sections/racks.  This BB has more open space than other ones, and therefore less product, but still a million times better than Circuit City.

AmalgamatedMoron

Yeah, I was looking at V.3, sorry.  It's a coincidence [pie]

The Gurnee, IL. Best Buy had 3 copies in the "normal" spot in the T section, but there might have been more in one of the many new product sections/racks.  This BB has more open space than other ones, and therefore less product, but still a million times better than Circuit City.

It's OK ArPharazon, just a simple mistake.  With all the discussion over Volumes 3 and 4, it's easy to confuse the two.  Given the close proximity of their release dates, we've had an almost equal amount of discussion over both.

xraffle

Hopefully, S&C will receive his advanced copy within the next few weeks so he can tell us how "Micro-Phonies" looks.

Offline archiezappa

Hopefully, S&C will receive his advanced copy within the next few weeks so he can tell us how "Micro-Phonies" looks.

Yeah, I can't wait to hear about that one.

Offline Stooges#1

The volume 4 set is $16.99 on Amazon right now, so did Amazon want to wait until everyone ordered before they lowered their price? It was $21.99 for the past 2-3 months, so is it such a coincidence that its now $16.99 on the day of release when Amazon charge your CC on atleast the 5th?

Offline Benno123

Amazon use to have a deal that if you saw the price of an item that you ordered drop within so many days couldn't you contact their customer service and be charged for that price?  I could be mistaken, or understand it wrong, but it may be worth looking into.

Offline Stooges#1

Amazon use to have a deal that if you saw the price of an item that you ordered drop within so many days couldn't you contact their customer service and be charged for that price?  I could be mistaken, or understand it wrong, but it may be worth looking into.

I think if you pre-order an item, and the price drops from the time you pre-ordered it to the time it ships you pay the lower price, if the price goes up you pay the price that you first pre-ordered it for. As for after the item has already shipped and the price goes down, i think its just bad luck. I will look into, no harm in looking, right?

Offline falsealarms

That is very strange on their part. Usually, the price is lower during the pre-order stage and then goes up after the release date has come.

xraffle

Yeah, the pre-order guarantee is only guaranteeing you the low price if the price drops within the time you ordered it until the day it ships. So, since Amazon just lowered the price today, then people who pre-ordered it are out of luck. It is sneaky of them, but I guess it's business. I guess we now know why they shipped these so fast. ;)