Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

LAFF-A-RAMA TRAILER, 1953

Offline Hammond Eggar

Over at Youtube I found a rare trailer for the 1953 Stooges compilation film, "Laff-a-Rama."  It comes to us courtesy of Captain Bijou.  Enjoy! ;D

www.captainbijou.com

Laff-a-Rama, 1953
[youtube=425,350]pcsSEiaF_7Y&feature=related[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Over at Youtube I found a rare trailer for the 1953 Stooges compilation film, "Laff-a-Rama." 

That's a homemade trailer, produced by a theatre to promote its own 1-day matinee festival. There is no 1953 Stooges compilation film called LAFF-A-RAMA.

That "trailer" has turned up on a few home video collections in recent years, and is erroneously attributed to Columbia's THREE STOOGES FUN-O-RAMA (1959), which was a compilation of several Stooges shorts with Besser. FUN-O-RAMA's trailer is on one of Legend Films' 2007 DVD collections.

Offline Mark The Shark

Sorry to bump this old thread -- I have been curious about this trailer since I first saw it as an extra on the "Men Behind The Mayhem" DVD. So this was a trailer for a local/regional presentation, even specifically for one theater then. Do we know what theater it was? Is the 1953 year accurate?

I suppose at this late date it's not possible to research what was included in this show. Besides a selection of Stooge shorts (which I would guess were all with Shemp, but who knows), it says there were a bunch of cartoons, and I suppose there is no guarantee that they would necessarily have been Columbia cartoons, they could have been anything.