Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which episode?

Offline Bixhead

Who knows the short that had the boys get interrogated with a lie detector machine?  It was a Shemp and had Vernon Dent.  Thanks

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Who knows the short that had the boys get interrogated with a lie detector machine?  It was a Shemp and had Vernon Dent.

SHIVERING SHERLOCKS (1948), remade with stock footage as OF CASH AND HASH (1955).

Offline KNW

Which episodes does Curly do the The Shoulder Spin?  This is where he is on the ground sideways spinning in circles.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline MR77100

Curly also performed the shoulder spin in NO DOUGH BOYS,

Offline Joseph

Haven't been to this site in ages; never found the short I was looking for way back then, but have a new "looking for."

This short was a pre-stroke Curly short (I'm fairly certain), and during one instance, Curly is talking either to a dog (or other animal) or possibly just himself, and rather than speaking in his usual, boisterous falsetto, he speaks with a VERY deep voice that sounds absolutely NOTHING like the Curly we know. I've been trying to find it for a while. Anyone?

Thanks!

Offline metaldams

Haven't been to this site in ages; never found the short I was looking for way back then, but have a new "looking for."

This short was a pre-stroke Curly short (I'm fairly certain), and during one instance, Curly is talking either to a dog (or other animal) or possibly just himself, and rather than speaking in his usual, boisterous falsetto, he speaks with a VERY deep voice that sounds absolutely NOTHING like the Curly we know. I've been trying to find it for a while. Anyone?

Thanks!

Probably either MUTTS TO YOU or CALLING ALL CURS.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Qyburnstein

Hi, I'm posting here because there's a brief Three Stooges clip in the Oscar-winning short Precious Images, and nobody seems to know where it comes from.

Here is an image of the clip in question:

It appears to be a tall man in a beret slapping Larry, Moe and Curly in a single motion.

The clip appears in the short at 3:53, right after a clip of Charlie Chaplin in The Immigrant. Youtube link:
https://youtu.be/AW_IfD2d_dc?t=232

If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline doniel

I'm a brand new member. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to start a new thread. Hence, this reply to an old one.
There was a short in which the boys are being chased inside a building (mosque?) by murderous bad guys. Larry slips on a robe, prostrates himself in "prayer" and calls out (in Yiddish) something like "Vemen hakt a tshaynik." My searches have not been able to turn this up. Can anyone help?

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I'm a brand new member. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to start a new thread. Hence, this reply to an old one.
There was a short in which the boys are being chased inside a building (mosque?) by murderous bad guys. Larry slips on a robe, prostrates himself in "prayer" and calls out (in Yiddish) something like "Vemen hakt a tshaynik." My searches have not been able to turn this up. Can anyone help?

Larry is speaking in Yiddish while dressed as a Chinese laundryman.  The short is MUTTS TO YOU.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Isn't that in "Mutts to You"?

Yes, thank you.  I got my dog-themed shorts confused.  I had the right short but the wrong title.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline doniel

Thank you for your replies, but that's not what I mean. Unless I'm hallucinating - and I never even smoked pot - I remember Larry on his knees, bobbing up and down pretending to be praying and saying the specific phrase I wrote in my first post. But if that doesn't ring a bell with you, then I'll have to chalk it up as another of life's mysteries that will remain unsolved.

Offline Bustoff73

Hmm. Check out "Pop Goes the Easel" (1935). He says something similar when they are trying to fool the cop in the art studio.

Offline doniel

I just looked at it, but that's not it. Even though it's probably at least 40 years since I saw that short, the memory of that scene is still vivid in my mind. It's as I described. If I look at one short a day, within a little more than half a year, I'll be able to report back here.    ;D

Offline metaldams

Malice in the Palace?  Wee Wee Monsieur?

Check out those, could be one of them.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline doniel

Just came across this on Youtube.

At the 3:07-3:08 mark, Larry utters the phrase I mentioned. Anyone know which episode it's from? It's not the scene I remember and which I described a couple of posts up, but it does tell me that I'm not completely crazy!

Offline hiramhorwitz

At the 3:07-3:08 mark, Larry utters the phrase I mentioned. Anyone know which episode it's from? It's not the scene I remember and which I described a couple of posts up, but it does tell me that I'm not completely crazy!

Pop Goes the Easel (1935)

Offline doniel

So it is. Thanks.
Now if I can only find that scene that I remember.

Offline Shemp

Which episode is it where Larry give this girl a diamond ring, but the diamond is so small that he has to produce the mother of all magnifying glasses to show it to her?   

Offline metaldams

Which episode is it where Larry give this girl a diamond ring, but the diamond is so small that he has to produce the mother of all magnifying glasses to show it to her?

Corny Casanovas
- Doug Sarnecky