Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which episode?

Offline archiezappa

There is an episode where Larry is talking to Moe and calling him old buddy, old pal, etc. and leads up to calling him old skunk bait.  I can't remember which episode that is.  I think it's from the Shemp era.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Offline Double Deal Decker

Yeah, they were trying to act "sophisticated."  :D

Offline benjilbum

Heavenly Daze and the remake Bedlam in Paradise.

Offline Joseph

DESPERATELY trying to find a short; can't remember if it's Curly or Shemp. Moe is holding a tent stake on the ground, and someone (Curly, Shemp, or Larry) swings a sledgehammer and hits Moe's hand. It doesn't make an exaggerated sound; you just hear Moe's bones crack. ANYONE know which short this is?

xraffle

DESPERATELY trying to find a short; can't remember if it's Curly or Shemp. Moe is holding a tent stake on the ground, and someone (Curly, Shemp, or Larry) swings a sledgehammer and hits Moe's hand. It doesn't make an exaggerated sound; you just hear Moe's bones crack. ANYONE know which short this is?

Hmm. The only short where Moe holds a tent stake is "Three Missing Links," but Curly never hits Moe's hand.

ThumpTheShoes

Sounds like "Half Wits' Holiday". Moe holds a chisel to a gas log setup while Curly takes a swing with a sledge. In a one-two move, Larry takes a knock to the head (anvil clang), and Moe gets his hand crunched (bone cracking sound).

Offline Joseph

Neither of those. Watched them on Veoh. Half Wits Holiday is similar, but I distinctively remember them being outdoors and one of them swings something right down on someone's hand and it makes that sound. Wish I could find it.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

The only Shemp shorts with them pitching a tent that I can recall are Pardon My Clutch and its remake, Wham-Bam-Slam.  It's been quite a while since I saw either one, so I can't recall for sure if there was a moment like you describe in them, but I don't think so.  Unfortunately the Curly ones that come to mind, have already been ruled out, so I'm afraid that I'm not able to help.   :-\

Offline FineBari3

The only Shemp shorts with them pitching a tent that I can recall are Pardon My Clutch and its remake, Wham-Bam-Slam.  It's been quite a while since I saw either one, so I can't recall for sure if there was a moment like you describe in them, but I don't think so.  Unfortunately the Curly ones that come to mind, have already been ruled out, so I'm afraid that I'm not able to help.   :-\

Oh, MAN!!! I can't think of the short! 

It IS with Curly, and they are outside with a tent, and it is set in contemporary times. I was thinking it could be Wee Wee Monsieur, but I do not remember them in uniform.

It has to be on either vol. I or II of the DVD sets, because I just watched it recently.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline FineBari3

Hmm. The only short where Moe holds a tent stake is "Three Missing Links," but Curly never hits Moe's hand.

YES! That is the one I am thinking of!

I don't know if it is the one that Joseph is thinking of!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline ArPharazon

Right!  Moe hits Curly's hand, then Curly hits the suddenly appeared mud puddle and splatters Moe's face with mud.

Offline droopy

I am looking for a rare episode.  The boys are in some jungle, and happen upon an idol with multiple arms guarding a diamond.  Moe, as I remember it tries to grab the diamond and is given a hilarious "smack attack"!  If any one could help-- Thanks!

xraffle

I am looking for a rare episode.  The boys are in some jungle, and happen upon an idol with multiple arms guarding a diamond.  Moe, as I remember it tries to grab the diamond and is given a hilarious "smack attack"!  If any one could help-- Thanks!

I believe that's "Hula-La-La" but Moe grabs a box of grenades, not diamonds.

Offline j_p_312

Hi all,

I've got another one... I'm racking my brains trying to remember which short has one of the stooges (Curly?) calling a screwdriver a "turn-arounder." I don't remember it appearing in any of the currently available sequential DVD collections. Can anyone help??? Thanks.

xraffle

Hi all,

I've got another one... I'm racking my brains trying to remember which short has one of the stooges (Curly?) calling a screwdriver a "turn-arounder." I don't remember it appearing in any of the currently available sequential DVD collections. Can anyone help??? Thanks.

It was "Crime On Their Hands." It was Larry who called it that. That short will appear on the Volume 5 DVD, which will come out in March.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hi all,

It was "Crime On Their Hands." It was Larry who called it that. That short will appear on the Volume 5 DVD, which will come out in March.

A slight correction:  Larry refers to a hand drill as a "turnarounder" in that episode, not a screwdriver.

[attachment deleted by admin]

xraffle

A slight correction:  Larry refers to a hand drill as a "turnarounder" in that episode, not a screwdriver.

Yeah, I know. But I think that was the episode he was thinking of.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid

Just for general edification (as if anyone cares) - a hand drill that has a hex socket on the end instead of a drill bit is called a "speed wrench". These were developed when assembly line workers needed to install a nut in just a few seconds, then get ready for the next one.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline adventa

I am a newbie (groan!!) -- although I have loved the Three for over 45 years . . . and this was the best place I (think) I cd find to post.

What a great website!!!  THANK YOU!!  A friend in NY alerted me to it -- we used to howl over the Stooges in college (having watched them for yrs as kids).

OK, to my question:  in which episode does the marvelous one-of-a-kind Mr. Jerry Howard sing (in that inimitable voice), "She was bred in old Kentucky/But she's just a crumb up here -- la leee, la laaa" (etc.) ???

If someone can answer this I wd be very happy -- b/c I wd love to find it and watch it.  It's along the lines of when he's shaving the ice in and stuffing the turkey in "An Ache in Every Stake" -- singing along happy as a clam, making us all fall on the floor laughing.

Also -- I shd know this -- but in which short are they sinking in a rowboat, and Curly finds a drill:  "Oooooooooooooooh!  A water letter-outer!!" -- ?

Thanks everyone. Glad to have found this mecca of mania.

ThumpTheShoes

I am a newbie (groan!!) -- although I have loved the Three for over 45 years . . . and this was the best place I (think) I cd find to post.

What a great website!!!  THANK YOU!!  A friend in NY alerted me to it -- we used to howl over the Stooges in college (having watched them for yrs as kids).

OK, to my question:  in which episode does the marvelous one-of-a-kind Mr. Jerry Howard sing (in that inimitable voice), "She was bred in old Kentucky/But she's just a crumb up here -- la leee, la laaa" (etc.) ???
If someone can answer this I wd be very happy -- b/c I wd love to find it and watch it.  It's along the lines of when he's shaving the ice in and stuffing the turkey in "An Ache in Every Stake" -- singing along happy as a clam, making us all fall on the floor laughing.

Also -- I shd know this -- but in which short are they sinking in a rowboat, and Curly finds a drill:  "Oooooooooooooooh!  A water letter-outer!!" -- ?

Thanks everyone. Glad to have found this mecca of mania.

Welcome aboard!

Curly sings in I Can Hardly Wait.

You'll find "a water letter outer" in Booby Dupes.

Both of these shorts are on the Three Stooges Collection: Volume Four.

Dog Hambone

I believe the short to which you are referring is "Some More of Samoa". They're in the jungle on the isle of Rhumboogie, but it's Curly who meets up with the idol with multiple arms. Also, the idol is not guarding a diamond, it is guarding the very rare "puckerless persimmon" tree. 

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I believe the short to which you are referring is "Some More of Samoa".

HULA-LA-LA (1951)

Offline adventa

Welcome aboard!

Curly sings in I Can Hardly Wait.

You'll find "a water letter outer" in Booby Dupes.

Both of these shorts are on the Three Stooges Collection: Volume Four.

Thanks so much!  I soitenly can't wait to find these and re-watch them.