Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Jack Brown Story

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I only post this in the Quiz Corner board because I first listened to this LP (those of you of appropriate age, you know what an LP is) in 1981, from a friend of mine. I dismissed it for years and years, and then while strolling through a Goodwill or Salvation Army Store or the like in 2001, I ran across this LP in fairly good condition. I bought it, and then immediately placed it upon the "forget you bought this" pile in my LP collection. But I've now copied the core of the message onto MP3 and am now willing to present it you you folks here at ThreeStooges.net, because this man was a notorious criminal during the period when our boys were in their heyday. And yet, NOT so notorious that he was counted with the others we remember of that era. (Listen to the attached mp3's to learn more)

Jack Brown was probably the very first of the "Scared Straight" speakers to arrive upon the scene. (probably 1960's) Most likely, he was the first to survive such a wicked life and then find solace in recounting his exploits with the hope of dissuading young people from following his hi-jinks.

I offer these mp3's with the anticipation that some of you Stooge Lovers who are keen on the 1940's and before can uphold or denounce what Jack Brown says about the criminals that were notorious in the 1920's to 1940's.

1.) Jack's recounting of Robert Stroud, (The Birdman of Alcatraz) who claims he was a sex pervert
2.) His recollections of Bonnie and Clyde before they met each other. (most notably, that Clyde was a practicing
     homosexual)
3.) Jack Brown states he was approached by movie makers to make a film based upon his life, but with the understanding that the criminal element will not be glamorized. Does anyone know of a movie titled "The Jack Brown Story" or similar released in the 1960's (or maybe earlier, who knows)??

This MP3 post will take a few to complete, so watch for the rest of the posts.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The rest of the mp3's ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Giff,

For some reason, I have problems downloading from this site due to my security settings. But being curious, I did some Googling...

The search of 'Clyde Barrow' revealed the FBI website. A lot of interesting reading there about the case. The 'Bonnie & Clyde' movie with Beatty & Dunaway took a LOT of artistic license. Most notable is there is no mention of C.W. Moss.

The search of 'Clyde Barrow homosexual' revealed C.W. Moss, mainly in cinema.

So, what about 'Jack Brown crime'? Nothing to write home about. A lot of recording, media-type references. IMO they seemed "flaky". Like he was a creation of someone's imagination, ala 'Charlie Chan', etc.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
You're right, jrvass ... not a peep from the internet world about Mr. Brown or his criminal antics. This is the ONLY related item I found referring to Brown and his criminal career. (It seems to correlate the album's point, Jack Brown began speaking to high school kids after his conversion to Christianity, according to the album, that is)

It's too bad the site doesn't supply a photo of the pamphlet. On the back cover of the LP is a photo of Jack speaking to a crowd in Europe with an interpretor holding what appears to be a pamphlet.
[and I'm not going to pay $80(!) for a 32 page pamphlet just to prove a point]

I suppose I used the word "notorious" a little loosely in my original post, because I can find no notes written about him at all.

The Amazing Story of the Conversion Of Jack Brown (As Told to Chaplain Ray)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
The recordings may give enough clues to determine if this person existed, then see if he may have crossed paths with the other felons. For example, many states maintain prisoner databases that are (more or less) searchable.

Those would be my first searches.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!