duped and "remastered" copies of the four Columbia pd shorts, JERKS OF
ALL TRADES, and some NEW THREE 3 STOOGES toons and wraparounds

- 1 bonus disc with Laurel & Hardy's UTOPIA (1950), and a handful of
1920s solo Stan Laurel shorts, from retitled/chopped-up prints;
actually, an old out-of-print DVD, and Platinum is using this Stooge
tin set to dispose of old stock

In other words, crap in a fancy package

NOCREDIT500

when will mgm and comedy 3 productions finally remaster and release all this, so we are not prey to these crap releases anymore ?

plus the other public domain stuff out there

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
when will mgm and comedy 3 productions finally remaster and release all this, so we are not prey to these crap releases anymore ?

Neither MGM or C3 own the films on the collection you refer to.

- The 4 public domain Columbia shorts are owned by Sony/Columbia. They are remastered, as are all 190 Columbia shorts, and will be included in future "Three Stooges Collection" volumes. One, DISORDER IN THE COURT is already available in Volume 1.

- The NEW 3 STOOGES are owned by a company called Imperia Media. The cartoons are not public domain, contrary to long-held belief by many public domain distributors. An Imperia subsidiary re-acquired the masters in 2007, and ascertained that they hold a valid copyright on the 156 toons.

- JERKS OF ALL TRADES is public domain, and only exists as a kinescope. A transfer from Phil Berle's original kinescope was distributed to home video in the late 1990s / early 2000s by Anchor Bay (other pd distributors since have copied from the Anchor Bay videos). The video quality is as good as it can get.

C3 owns no Three Stooges films, with the exception of KOOK'S TOUR.

MGM owns no Three Stooges films.

NOCREDIT500

Neither MGM or C3 own the films on the collection you refer to.

- The 4 public domain Columbia shorts are owned by Sony/Columbia. They are remastered, as are all 190 Columbia shorts, and will be included in future "Three Stooges Collection" volumes. One, DISORDER IN THE COURT is already available in Volume 1.

- The NEW 3 STOOGES are owned by a company called Imperia Media. The cartoons are not public domain, contrary to long-held belief by many public domain distributors. An Imperia subsidiary re-acquired the masters in 2007, and ascertained that they hold a valid copyright on the 156 toons.

- JERKS OF ALL TRADES is public domain, and only exists as a kinescope. A transfer from Phil Berle's original kinescope was distributed to home video in the late 1990s / early 2000s by Anchor Bay (other pd distributors since have copied from the Anchor Bay videos). The video quality is as good as it can get.

C3 owns no Three Stooges films, with the exception of KOOK'S TOUR.

MGM owns no Three Stooges films.

is it fox that owns the shorts with healy and the stooges then ?  if so remaster them and release them,

then intern media should get off their duffs and release all the cartoons with all the wrap arounds, remastered
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 07:35:32 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
is it fox that owns the shorts with healy and the stooges then ?  if so remaster them and release them,

- Warner Brothers owns them.
 - BEER AND PRETZELS, PLANE NUTS, and ROAST-BEEF AND MOVIES are available on Warner DVD
 - NERTSERY RHYMES and THE BIG IDEA will probably show up soon

NOCREDIT500

- Warner Brothers owns them.
 - BEER AND PRETZELS, PLANE NUTS, and ROAST-BEEF AND MOVIES are available on Warner DVD
 - NERTSERY RHYMES and THE BIG IDEA will probably show up soon

could you please point me to them on the net, i have searched, but i can not find them

Offline JazzBill

could you please point me to them on the net, i have searched, but i can not find them
You can find a DVD on Amazon called " The Three Stooges Chonicles ". It contains Beer & Pretzels, Plane Nuts and Nertsery Rhymes. ( along with the 4 PD shorts ).
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Right here on this website...

Every film, on its filmography page, has a DVD link (to Amazon) if it's on home video.
 - BEER AND PRETZELS (1933) is available on FLYING DOWN TO RIO
 - Both PLANE NUTS (1933) and ROAST-BEEF AND MOVIES (1933) are available on DANCING LADY

Also, a 28-year history of the Stooges on home video is on this site's VIDEOGRAPHY. Links to Amazon are provided.