Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What do you think #3?

Offline archiezappa

Which film do you think is the best one with Ted Healy & His Stooges?I would have to say "Beer And Pretzels."  This short has everything going for it.  Good story, good songs and a minimal of MGM dancing girls.  Don't get me wrong, the girls are pretty.  But they're put in several movies as filler material, instead of trying to give them a good reason to be there."Beer And Pretzels" has the boys playing as a quartet.  It makes me wonder if the Four Stooges idea would have ever worked.  Like, if they decided to get Shemp back after splitting with Ted.  That would have been interesting.  They could have been called just The Stooges.  It would have been interesting.

Offline busybuddy

I would also have to say Beer and Pretzels is the best one they did together. The only part that I could do without is Bonnie Bonnell's musical number in which she seems to have had too much beer and not enough pretzels. I have heard good things about Myrt and Marge, but I've never seen it.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Mattie Herring

Beer and Pretzels is the best too, I agree.  I liked it when Moe threw the beer in Curly's face.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

I would like to insert my opinion here please.  My personal choice would have to be "Soup to Nuts."  I liked the part where they are doing the act for the fireman's ball with Larry and his elevator dance.  Plus I thought that Freddie Sanborn was really great with him xylaphone solo and his pantomime acting.  To me I think it potrayed Ted and His Stooges at their best.  A good mix of Stooges humour in the Fire Barn and ball plus a bit of seriousness when the were firemen. In all I thought this flick was well made. Ted was good at trying to save Otto's hat shop.  Plus I would also like to say "Strickly In The Groove."  Shemp does an outstanding solo performance of a nightclub owner.

In closing sirs and mames may you have a great holiday weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges] 

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I would say Myrt and Marge , Ted and the Stooges Stoled that movie :)

If you never seen it , I'm sure some one here has a copy for sale or to trade ...

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
My vote would go to Meet The Baron.  Jimmy Durante, Jack Pearl, Edna May Oliver and Zasu Pitts are all very funny, but Ted and the Stooges steal the show in every scene that they are in.  The shower room scene alone makes this one their best!   ;D

Offline archiezappa

I also like "Meet The Baron."  It's the best movie on the "Classic Comedy Teams Collection" DVD.  The others are good, but this one tops them all.  The best out of those 6 movies. 

Offline Darkhoarse820

I would also have to say Beer and Pretzels is the best one they did together. The only part that I could do without is Bonnie Bonnell's musical number in which she seems to have had too much beer and not enough pretzels. I have heard good things about Myrt and Marge, but I've never seen it.

It's BEER AND PRETZELS, hands down.  I put a microphone up to the television speaker and a line in/line out through the back of the VCR about a year ago and did a little remastering job of "Stein's on the Table".  That's the thing I go to when I'm dying for a good piece of jazz music.

...and I was influenced to learn how to play the spoons by watching that one.

Offline archiezappa

That short has the best music of all of their MGM films.  Well, all of the ones I've seen anyway.  Who knows about "Hello Pop," "Jailbirds Of Paradise" or "Stop Sadie Stop."  And that's too bad, too.

Offline FineBari3

It's BEER AND PRETZELS, hands down.  I put a microphone up to the television speaker and a line in/line out through the back of the VCR about a year ago and did a little remastering job of "Stein's on the Table".  That's the thing I go to when I'm dying for a good piece of jazz music.

Oh, YEAH!!!

Kick-ass jazz in that one!   [glasses9]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline DocWatson