Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Order Stooge DVDs from Amazon (links inside)

Offline OldFred

I got a Amazon reward certificate and was able to apply it to my pre-order, so I'll be getting the collection free.  A nice late Christmas present. ;D

Offline bh7812

I want to sincerely thank the person who posted these links to the sets on Amazon  ;D The weird part about these 4 volumes is, I actually worked at Best Buy this past Christmas and saw all 4 sitting there. But I dismissed them because I figured those sets only contained a few shorts each with a few extras! I really should have taken a closer look at the boxes, then I would have seen that those sets contain all the shorts from each period  >:( I plan to fix that mistake and order all 4 of the ones out now plus pre-order the 5th one as SOON as possible! I have always wanted to have all 190 shorts in one place. While I would love to eventually see a boxed set or Blu-ray disc with everything on it, these are the closest I have a feeling we're gonna get to a complete collection. This is something I can definitely get behind and support. I've seen a good chunk of the shorts but definitely not all of them. Especially the 16 shorts with Joe in them. I am also a gamer as well as a Stooge fan so I'll put it like this. I may very well decide to cancel my Pre-order for one of the big games this week and use that money to buy these sets  ;D Thank you also to Sony for doing this, having all the shorts come out is something that is LONG overdue!

xraffle

While I would love to eventually see a boxed set or Blu-ray disc with everything on it, these are the closest I have a feeling we're gonna get to a complete collection.

We all should just be happy that Sony plans to release all 190 shorts restored and remastered on DVD and not worry about Blu-ray right now. Blu-ray is still new right now so it will take some time before the stooges get released in that format.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've double-dipped on the stooges so many times, so no matter how much better the picture is, I'm going to pass if/when these shorts get released on Blu-ray.

Offline Stooges#1

I want to sincerely thank the person who posted these links to the sets on Amazon  ;D The weird part about these 4 volumes is, I actually worked at Best Buy this past Christmas and saw all 4 sitting there. But I dismissed them because I figured those sets only contained a few shorts each with a few extras! I really should have taken a closer look at the boxes, then I would have seen that those sets contain all the shorts from each period  >:( I plan to fix that mistake and order all 4 of the ones out now plus pre-order the 5th one as SOON as possible! I have always wanted to have all 190 shorts in one place. While I would love to eventually see a boxed set or Blu-ray disc with everything on it, these are the closest I have a feeling we're gonna get to a complete collection. This is something I can definitely get behind and support. I've seen a good chunk of the shorts but definitely not all of them. Especially the 16 shorts with Joe in them. I am also a gamer as well as a Stooge fan so I'll put it like this. I may very well decide to cancel my Pre-order for one of the big games this week and use that money to buy these sets  ;D Thank you also to Sony for doing this, having all the shorts come out is something that is LONG overdue!

Im glad that you found that that these sets are indeed all the shorts from the 30s and early to late 40s, better late than never. Judging by your post you'll love these collections, they're in pristine condition and the best you'll find.

Offline Stooges#1

We all should just be happy that Sony plans to release all 190 shorts restored and remastered on DVD and not worry about Blu-ray right now. Blu-ray is still new right now so it will take some time before the stooges get released in that format.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've double-dipped on the stooges so many times, so no matter how much better the picture is, I'm going to pass if/when these shorts get released on Blu-ray.

Same. Im just happy that I can own these shorts on dvd and wont worry about Blu Ray, if nothing else the money is a big factor.

Offline bh7812

Im glad that you found that that these sets are indeed all the shorts from the 30s and early to late 40s, better late than never. Judging by your post you'll love these collections, they're in pristine condition and the best you'll find.

All 4 sets plus the pre-order for the 5th one are in my Amazon Cart right now. All that's left to do now is see if I have enough money for this now or if I need to wait a week or two. It will be about 100 bucks all together for everything. By supporting this we're showing Sony we want the rest of the shorts out. Judging from what I can see they're about half-way home. It will be 100 dollars well spent I feel, and I am leaning toward checking out my Cart either later today or tomorrow honestly.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline casey0272

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE LINKS!  I hope to have them all by the end of the month.

Offline Seamus

My Volume 1-6 bundle just landed on my doorstep, and I'm pumped.  I didn't even know Sony started releasing chronological Stooge sets till a few days ago, and when I found out I dropped a wad on the whole bundle.  I'm planning to watch them in order, out of historical interest...just have to figure out a decent viewing rate for blowing through 'em.  Too much Stooge in a short span can be a little numbing.  I'm thinking three a week?  Good times ahead....

I'm going through a Stooges renaissance at the moment after catching Swing Parade last week.  My Stooge research led me to this site, which I'm loving.  Great resource and cool community.  Nice work around here, guys!

Offline falsealarms

Offline QuinceHead

Gentlemen!  Gentlemen!!

[Yeah, I mean you!]

Until November 12th, Amazon is selling all eight volumes of the Sony Three Stooges sets for 50%:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_dvd_lu3hv0?docId=1000743211

Just thought I'd be a regular guy and pass on the info...  :laugh:

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Seamus

Gentlemen!  Gentlemen!!

[Yeah, I mean you!]

Until November 12th, Amazon is selling all eight volumes of the Sony Three Stooges sets for 50%:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_dvd_lu3hv0?docId=1000743211

Just thought I'd be a regular guy and pass on the info...  :laugh:

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Much obliged, Quince!  Looks like I'll be picking up Volume 8 and rounding out my collection after all.