Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Cartoon Episode Name/Availability?

bdown68 · 11 · 3880

Offline bdown68

Hello Stooge Scholars---

I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a little problem.

I'm doing some film research on the Three Stooges cartoons from 1965,
and have been trying to track down a specific episode (and trying to buy it as well)
but the cartoon titles themselves are misleading, and so I'm unsure which is which.

The title I'm looking for is one of the stranger ones from the series.
I believe the Stooges are housepainters who befriend a little boy who, whenever he
hears the word 'Bad' turns into a crazy monster, and whenever he hears the word 'Good' turns back into an angelic little boy. This terrorizes the Stooges, and I remember the little boy's voice as being especially peculiar.

Any recollection? Well, either way, I enjoy your site and have been using it as my
de facto Stooges reference page.

Thank you

Brandon Downing
New York City

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I'm doing some film research on the Three Stooges cartoons from 1965,
and have been trying to track down a specific episode (and trying to buy it as well)

Of the 156 NEW 3 STOOGES cartoons, 155 were released on VHS by Embassy Home Entertainment in the mid-1980s, sourced from very good quality 16mm prints.  These videos are long out-of-print, but used copies regularly show up on eBay and Amazon.comAuctions.

Rhino attempted releasing the series to DVD a few years ago, but after two discs with 32 episodes, and disappointing sales, they canceled future DVD plans.

The Embassy and Rhino videos, and episodes on each, are listed here on the "Videography" page (the link is on your left).

The title I'm looking for is one of the stranger ones from the series.
I believe the Stooges are housepainters who befriend a little boy who, whenever he hears the word 'Bad' turns into a crazy monster, and whenever he hears the word 'Good' turns back into an angelic little boy. This terrorizes the Stooges, and I remember the little boy's voice as being especially peculiar.

Most of the toon titles and plots are a blur in my recollections.  I have all 156 toons in my library, but I rarely look at them and with only a few exceptions, I can't recall titles or match titles with plots.

However, there was a handful of toons featuring "Badman," a costumed super-villain patterned after Batman, who plagued the Stooges in their jobs of cops, babysitters, etc..  There were approx. five "Badman" episodes.  I can't recall the 'housepainters' episode you're asking about.

The voice of Badman's alter ego, the little boy, sounds strange because it was done by Margaret Kerry.  Margaret did all of the female and juvenile voices for these Stooges toons.  She also appeared in several of the live-action segments: the mother in "Sunbathers" and "Barbers," the receptionist in "Electricians," the housewife in "Decorators," and Emil's wife in "Waiters."  Margaret's husband, Dick Brown, was the executive producer of THE NEW 3 STOOGES.

xraffle

Of the 156 NEW 3 STOOGES cartoons, 155 were released on VHS by Embassy Home Entertainment in the mid-1980s, sourced from very good quality 16mm prints.  These videos are long out-of-print, but used copies regularly show up on eBay and Amazon.comAuctions.

Of all the videos that were released by Embassy Home Entertainment, I was only able to get my hands on two of them ('Up, Up and Away' and 'The Weird Wacky West'). One was used and the other one was new. These cartoons are very tough to find. I may be one of the few stooge fans that find the cartoons to be somewhat entertaining.

Offline kinderscenen

I found the live-action portions to be more entertaining, if only because Larry sounded more "alive." (Poor choice of words, but stick with me). The cartoon Stooges, especially Larry, seemed to be a bit off, almost as if they did the voice and the live-action work on the same day (which wouldn't surprise me, with budget issues and all) and just wanted to get some rest before the next performance.

Of course, it could just be me--I found it a little strange to see the cartoons.  I just recently picked them up from a local Wal-Mart. The color's surprisingly good--I'm not sure if it looked that good in 1965. 

There is a rundown (sort of) in the 3 Stooges Scrapbook of the cartoons, although I don't know if that would be any help--as I recall, they're pretty much one word descriptions.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline stoogesarepimp

I don't like the stooges cartoons.  They aren't as good and funny as the actual three stooges.
Go view my friends Three Stooges message board at http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi

Offline falsealarms

I think I have those old Embassy tapes lying around somewhere. I think I had 5-10 of them.

Offline AKStoogeFan

Has anyone checked out this set of cartoons on Ebay?  Does anyone know if they include the wraparounds?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-THREE-STOOGES-1965-TV-CARTOONS-2-DVD-SET-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ270003747572QQihZ017QQcategoryZ201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know the Stooge cartoons are considered "sub-par" Stooge material, but my kids and I like watching them, so I wondered if anyone knew anything about these.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
No, I can't verify if these 2 DVD's will include the wraparounds, but I've bought a 10-episode DVD from the Everything's-A-Dollar Store in the past and it included them, so I think that the EBay risk may be worth the cost.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline AKStoogeFan

Yeah, I have some cheapo DVDs with the wraparounds and some without, so I was curious.  There's also a 3 DVD set of 78 cartoons, that does specify it includes the wraparounds, for twice the price.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
http://threestooges.net/videography.php

Videography
Details of DVDs (and VHS) from Rhino, Catcom, Genius and misc.
 - Provides cartoon titles & corresponding wrap-arounds
 - Amazon.com links for available products