Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New to DVD shorts in VOL 2 - POLL INSIDE

Poll

Which new-to-DVD short are you most anticipating in Vol 2?

Cash and Carry
Tassels in the Air
Mutts To You
Three Sappy People
Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise
We Want Our Mummy
Three Little Sew and Sews
Saved By The Belle
Other (if applicable, i.e if there's any not listed here)

Offline falsealarms

An interesting question with volume 2 set for 5/27.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Violent is the Word for Curly - "Swingin' the Alphabet"

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Justin T

There are alot of classic stuff that is finally coming to DVD in Vol 2. For me I really love
We Want Our Mummy and can't wait to have that restored to amazing quality.
That would be my choice for the one im most looking foward to.

Also Three Sappy People, Cash and Carry and Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise
are right up there for me also. I've missed Sappy and Oily alot, I dont watch them
as often even though I have them on DVDR
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Dog Hambone

I like them all, but Three Little Sew & Sews is hilarious. I have it on a VCR tape made from television, so I'm guessing I probably have an "edited" version (i.e., it was shortened to make room for more commercials). I still laugh at Curly sitting on the lit cigar & saying "Smells like somebody's frying onions". 

Offline falsealarms

James

That's already out on at least 1 of the old DVDs if not more ;-)

Offline metaldams

None in particular I need to see cause I've seen them all a million times, but vols. 2 and 3 should be the two best Curly volumes overall, so yeah, I'm looking forward to this set.  It's just nice to have these shorts restored and in some kind of order.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
Tassels in the Air gets my vote.

I love the Pig Latin scene.  One of my favorites.   8)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline falsealarms

I voted for Cash and Carry - just one of my personal favorites. I love the opening junk yard scene and the digging scenes in the house as well. Mutts To You, which isn't usually received too well, is another favorite of mine that I'll be thrilled to see released.

I agree - 34-36, 37-39, and 40-42 will take care of Curly's prime. Hope we see a 40-42.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain

James
That's already out on at least 1 of the old DVDs if not more ;-)

That may be true. And I probably have it on VHS. But that is not the same as DVD or better yet, a digitally remastered DVD.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Wow! Hard to decide between "Cash and Carry" and "We Want Our Mummy" but if I had to pick one, then I pick "We Want Our Mummy."

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Tassels In the Air, as I have not seen this episode for awhile.   I love the whole pig latin jokes, I taped this off the TV back in 72 via cassette recorder just for the dialog. 

We Want Our Mummy second of all, followed by Cash And Carry   and then Three Sappy People

Robin

Offline Hammond Eggar

Wow! Hard to decide between "Cash and Carry" and "We Want Our Mummy" but if I had to pick one, then I pick "We Want Our Mummy."

I agree 100%.  Back in the 1980s, when I first started building my original Stooges VHS library, the first short I ever recorded was Cash and Carry.  So it's always had a special place in my heart.  That said, though, I haven't viewed Mummy properly since the '80s.  I loved that short back then, so that's why I lean towards it as being the short I'm anticipating the most. [stooges]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

xraffle

I bet a lot of people are going to be looking forward to "We Want Our Mummy." That is great short that's rarely on TV. The last time I saw this short on TV was on The Family Channel, which was heavily spliced (the running time was about 10 minutes only).

Also, I forgot to mention this before, but I hope Sony is careful with the music clipping on Volume 2. That was the main thing that disappointed me with Volume 1. I don't think it's asking a lot to get unclipped music as those previous DVD "themed" releases never had any music clipping in it.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I bet a lot of people are going to be looking forward to "We Want Our Mummy." That is great short that's rarely on TV. The last time I saw this short on TV was on The Family Channel, which was heavily spliced (the running time was about 10 minutes only).

Also, I forgot to mention this before, but I hope Sony is careful with the music clipping on Volume 2. That was the main thing that disappointed me with Volume 1. I don't think it's asking a lot to get unclipped music as those previous DVD "themed" releases never had any music clipping in it.

Im with the people who are saying "We Want Our Mummy" is the short I cant wait to see . you are also right about tv stations not showing that one as much as the others. we have a weekly 2 hour stooge show here in chicago and it must come on about 2 time in a year .

long live the stooges !!!!!!! (even besser lol)

Offline locoboymakesgood

We Want Our Mummy for sure. Always been one of my favorite shorts.

Moe: I got an idea, we'll make a mummy out of you!
Curly: I can't be a mummy, I'm a daddy!
Larry: So you'll be a daddy mummy!
Curly: Oh, that's different.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

If you do not mind I put in my vote for "Mutts To You".  But I am looking forward to reveiwing volume two due to the fact that I have never seen nor do I have any sort of a copy of "We Want Our Mummy."

If I can say a few additions here that I would like to see added and if they have shown up else wheres, please remember that I am a Moron.

1:   "Calling All Curs"  (Because of the doggie dinner scene I am a dog lover). [grommit]
2:   "A Ducking They Did Go"
3:   "Back To The Woods"

Again thank you for letting me put my two cents in I really appreciated it.  Please sir's and mame's have yourselves a great weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline falsealarms

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

If you do not mind I put in my vote for "Mutts To You".  But I am looking forward to reveiwing volume two due to the fact that I have never seen nor do I have any sort of a copy of "We Want Our Mummy."

If I can say a few additions here that I would like to see added and if they have shown up else wheres, please remember that I am a Moron.

1:   "Calling All Curs"  (Because of the doggie dinner scene I am a dog lover). [grommit]
2:   "A Ducking They Did Go"
3:   "Back To The Woods"

Again thank you for letting me put my two cents in I really appreciated it.  Please sir's and mame's have yourselves a great weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

I'm glad to see another Mutts to You fan. I'm a dog person too and that's partly why I like that short a lot - but it's just a good short anyway.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

The one I most want is We Want Our Mummy . I have it on VHS but for a long time just wanted a good crisp copy on DVD . I can't wait  Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo !!!!!!

Calling all Curs Is A good short too . It's been out many times On VHS and DVD . The Copy I own of it right now is the color one that came out in 2006 .  One thing about Calling all Curs , Does curly hair  look darker in that short  Like he did not trim it down . Maybe it's just me ...

[3stooges]

Offline Mike Lipincranz

Hello All,

"We Want Our Mummy" is one of the boys funniest shorts.  I can watch it over and over and still pick up tidbits here and there that I missed before.  The TV short in the Northeast (Boston-area) that airs on UPN38 is cut to shreads and is about 11-12 minutes long.  The DVD version will be a blessing.  I have seen it in its entirety.  I think it is in the movie short section on this web-site.....or it might be the other web-site that sucks.....oh-well.....best viewing by all and remember:

"The name is Mike Lipincranz."

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (False Alarms): [grommit]

To start off sir thank you for your kind reply to my post.  Since I have become a member here sir this November past, you were one of the ones that made me feel at ease getting to know how to use this site.  Now sir that I have found out that you are a pooch lover that makes it even more neat.  In closing sir thank you for all you kind help and please have yourself a fun and relaxing weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

xraffle

The one I most want is We Want Our Mummy . I have it on VHS but for a long time just wanted a good crisp copy on DVD . I can't wait  Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo !!!!!!

Calling all Curs Is A good short too . It's been out many times On VHS and DVD . The Copy I own of it right now is the color one that came out in 2006 .  One thing about Calling all Curs , Does curly hair  look darker in that short  Like he did not trim it down . Maybe it's just me ...

[3stooges]

I agree. I have the VHS copy of "We Want Our Mummy" and I will appreciate a good, crisp copy when Volume 2 gets released. The picture on the VHS print is ok, but the sound isn't all that great.

And yes, I did also notice that Curly's hair is darker in "Calling All Curs."

Offline sportscool

my vote goes to three missing links. I know its already on dvd but it has my favorite curly quote of all time. "I'm not me!". This is when he is in the gorilla suit and moe/larry think the gorrilla standing behind them is curly. Moe/larry talk to the gorrilla then curly says "I'm not me". Moe then adds "thats great grammar i'm not me".

:D

Offline ProfessorStooge

The one short I am looking forward to in Volume 2 is Three Sappy People. The cream puff fight was a classic.

The last time I logged onto Amazon.com, the sales rank for Volume 2 was in the 130's. Not a bad number for an item not yet officially released. That might be a good sign that a third volume is likely.

Offline falsealarms

The one short I am looking forward to in Volume 2 is Three Sappy People. The cream puff fight was a classic.

The last time I logged onto Amazon.com, the sales rank for Volume 2 was in the 130's. Not a bad number for an item not yet officially released. That might be a good sign that a third volume is likely.

I wouldn't get too optimistic. Volume 1 had high-rankings before it was officially released, but we were still dragged through the mud for vol 2.

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir or Mame: (Sports Cool): [pie]

Just would like to start things off sir or mame be welcoming you aboard.  You will find this a neat place to be.  Interesting topics to express your opions on plus if you get the new person jitters do not worry the ladies and gentlemen here will make you feel comfortable.

Sir or Mame I do have to agree with you that "Three Missing Links" is one of my all time favourite Curly shorts.

Again sir or mame welcome and please have yourself a great weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392  [3stooges]