Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp Cocktail DVD Release Date Change

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
The Release Date for the "Shemp Cocktail" DVD appears to have been changed from March 4th to March 18th according to Amazon.com.

I had been checking for it in my mailbox since last week and on Shempcompany its still says they will honor the March 4th release date. (guess they ain't got round to updating it yet)

Robin

ThumpTheShoes

Mine was actually sent on March 6th, even though I had a shipping notice 2 weeks prior. I got it Monday of this week (March 10th). Did you get any kind of notice from PayPal or ShempCompany about shipping?

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
No on both counts, hopefully it will arrive soon, If not emails will roll.

Robin

UPDATE:  upon checking USPS tracking #, It shows my DVD leaving CA on March 5th, arriving near me (MD) on the 11th and then being in MI  on the 13th for some reason (maybe just a screw up) Time will tell.

ThumpTheShoes

Maybe you'll get it sooner than later!
I should add, though, that I did not get a signed print of Shemp, as promised with orders from ShempCompany.com. I did get an orange photocopy "thank you" note from the website but that's it!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:50:26 PM by falsealarms »

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Thats right I had forgot about the autographed Shemp photo, I have USPS sending me updates on its promo tour of the United States.

Reminds me of that Johnny Carson sketch where he is the old Post Office guy and he says about your package seeing as much of the country as possible as its getting delivered.

Robin 

Offline Beatle Bob

FYI:

Picked up the "Shemp Coctail" DVD at Borders Books here in Manhattan today (they also sell it on their website). Will try and play some of it tonight (to at least report on some of the mastering quality) but probably won't get to viewing both discs completely until the weekend.

Regards,
Beatle Bob
:)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Finally got my "Shemp Cocktail" DVD from Shempcompany.com monday.  Like Thump I didn't get the promised Shemp autographed photo, but instead received an autograph of Jill Howard thanking me for ordering thru their official website.

From what I watched so far, "Henry The Ache" with Bert Lahr of Cowardly Lion Fame, quality is kinda lousy and Shemp only has a small part it.

"Knife Of The Party" I already had on another DVD but this one is much better, Both in quality and quantity. Much more Shemp on this one, even with his own Stooges.

I also watched the Shemp Family Tribute and It is quite good.  It was nice to learn more about Babe, Shemps wife and Mort, his son.

I'll be watching more later and give a better review of the rest of the set if anyone is thinking about getting it. It should have been a single disc set without the Stooge Shorts but  I guess as a Shemp History Video they need to be included. Too bad they could not have issued Shemps Columbia Solos on this.

Robin   

Offline Beatle Bob

Picked it up yesterday. The 2 Shemp solo shorts are of horrid quality and on an old Goodtimes PD DVD release if I'm correct? The Africa Screams outtakes with A&C are funny especially the one with Shemp (wearing thick glasses) mistakingly chasing a monkey instead of Lou. Those I never had and am sure quiet common amongst collectors.

It's filled with the other PD Stooges shorts that are common but didn't check the quality yet. Did view 10 min of the documentary with Shemps relatives and it looks interesting and informative with neve before seen pix and home movies. It's prob only worth it for that and nothing else.

Regards,
Beatle Bob
:)

Offline falsealarms

I'm glad I passed on this. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much, and that shempcompany.com site blew it by failing to deliver on the autographed item originally promised with an order through them. It seems like they were ill-equipped to deal with a project like this.