Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Need help finding an episode (Curly is hiding inside a radio)

Offline ShootnSubmit

What is the episode where Curly is hiding inside the radio and pretends to be the broadcaster and says "They ain't in here!"? I can't find the episode name.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 03:54:19 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Dutiful But Dumb
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Dog Hambone

That entire scene where Curley is hiding in the radio still makes me laugh out loud. Before Curley does any talking, that Vulgarian officer is trying to get a report on the radio & Curley yanks this enormous wind instrument (I don't know what it is, but the dubbed music sounds like a harmonica) out of his jacket & begins playing. A short time later, he is suddenly wearing a cymbal attached to a headband. And then, he manages to come up with 2 xylophone mallets. And I love it when he stops playing for a second, but the music continues anyway.

Viva Vulgaria!     

Pilsner Panther

That entire scene where Curley is hiding in the radio still makes me laugh out loud. Before Curley does any talking, that Vulgarian officer is trying to get a report on the radio & Curley yanks this enormous wind instrument (I don't know what it is, but the dubbed music sounds like a harmonica) out of his jacket & begins playing. A short time later, he is suddenly wearing a cymbal attached to a headband. And then, he manages to come up with 2 xylophone mallets. And I love it when he stops playing for a second, but the music continues anyway.

Viva Vulgaria!     

Then you have the army officer trying to change the radio dial... "I don't understand, sir, it's on every channel!"

[stooges] [pound]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
(I don't know what it is, but the dubbed music sounds like a harmonica)

The instrument is called a Pan Flute, but it usually doesn't sound like a harmonica. Also, you wouldn't blow into it like Curly does, but across the ends of it to make the flute sounds. Ask Zamfir for further information.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Shemoeley Fine

<<<<<<<< I don't know what it is, but the dubbed music sounds like a harmonica)
The instrument is called a Pan Flute, but it usually doesn't sound like a harmonica >>>>>>>>>>>

In the Andes Mountains region of Perú, Bolivia and Chile where they are played, the instrument is known as a zampoña. They come in various sizes and pitches and are a staple of "música andina" or Andean music. Check out a group named Los Jaivas, they have 2 albums out on US labels, they combine traditional Andean music with 70's rock and a touch of funk.  Simon and Garfunkel scored a major pop hit in the 1970's with their rendition of the Andean standard, "El Condor Pasa"

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Shemoeley Fine

The routine of performing inside a TV was repeated in I Love Lucy when Lucy attempting to convince Ricky she would be good on the TV show he was hosting decided to put on a show for Ricky and Fred from inside the old-time big 1950's furniture TV.  She looked like a hotel bellhop or Western Union delivery person...  It was a riot!

"que cosa tiene esta mujer",   She got some splainin' to do,

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Pilsner Panther

There's also an MGM Tex Avery cartoon from the 50's that's based on the same premise, but it's been so long since I've seen it that I've forgotten the title. A convict is digging a tunnel to escape from prison, but he comes up right under the TV in the Warden's living room! So, he's forced to impersonate all the characters that the Warden thinks he's watching. It's a hilarious cartoon (most of Avery's are), and I wish I could find it somewhere. I've got three DVD's of Avery cartoons, but it's not on any of them.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
The routine of performing inside a TV was repeated in I Love Lucy when Lucy attempting to convince Ricky she would be good on the TV show he was hosting decided to put on a show for Ricky and Fred from inside the old-time big 1950's furniture TV.  She looked like a hotel bellhop or Western Union delivery person...  It was a riot!

"que cosa tiene esta mujer",   She got some splainin' to do,

S F

Isn't that the "Vitameatavegimin" episode? She dropped the cigarrete pack out of the picture tube opening.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline MR77100

Yes, Dutiful But Dumb was well known for the oyster scene as well as the radio scene. I know EXACTLY which Tex Avery episdoe you are referring to, and it was one of my favs!