Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Battle of the Rare Shorts #2

Offline locoboymakesgood

Alright, here's the second round. Changed things up a bit. There's now 16 shorts total - 6 Curly's, 6 Shemp's, and 4 Besser's. Everyone votes one short per day until one short from each category is pitted against each-other. Without further ado, here's Battle of the Rare Shorts #2.

Three Shorts From Each Era With 10 Vote Each Qualify to the Next Round

CURLY ERA WINNERS
Rhythm and Weep [10 Votes]

SHEMP ERA WINNERS
Slaphappy Sleuths [10 Votes]
Self-Made Maids [10 Votes]

Curly Era
Even As IOU [1 Vote]
Sock-a-Bye Baby [2 Votes]
The Yoke's On Me [5 Votes]
Three Pests in a Mess [6 Votes]
Monkey Businessmen [1 Vote]

Shemp Era
Scrambled Brains [5 Votes]
Hula-La-La [3 Votes]
He Cookes His Goose [3 Votes]
Cuckoo on a Choo Choo [3 Votes]
Loose Loot [3 Votes]

Besser Era
Space Ship Sappy [2 Votes]
Outer Space Jitters [3 Votes]
Rusty Romeos [4 Votes]
Flying Saucer Daffy [1 Vote]

Participants
locoboymakesgood - 9 Votes
JazzBill - 8 Votes
Justin T - 12 Votes
ThumpTheShoes - 13 Votes
Dunrobin - 3 Votes
Moe Hailstone - 7 Votes
stooged and confused - 1 Vote
archiezappa - 7 Votes
Curley91 - 8 Votes
Moron4392 - 3 Votes
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:48:08 PM by locoboymakesgood »
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline JazzBill

Pretty weak line up. (in my opinion) None of them fell in my top 10 favorites. I'll take Self-Made Maids, just for the effort it took to make it.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline locoboymakesgood

Pretty weak line up. (in my opinion) None of them fell in my top 10 favorites. I'll take Self-Made Maids, just for the effort it took to make it.
Well, this isn't a battle of shorts.. just the ones that are rarely seen either on TV or video. I'm not huge on the Curly lineup, either, which is why I cast my first vote for Slaphappy Sleuths. You have to admit all of the classic Curly's are included in the 130-short syndication package and these are some decent Shemps.

If this were a battle of the classic Curly's, then we'd have something interesting -  but being we did something like that recently with Moe Hailstone's new DVD game that seems kind of pointless so soon.

Offline Justin T

This round I'll vote for He Cooked His Goose. I really like this one, its nice to see them break format every
once in awhile and I think it works in this, and how can you not love the music that plays whenever Larry gets
an evil thought in his brain.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

ThumpTheShoes

Three Pests in a Mess

Easily a Curly classic!

"Did you kick me?"
"No!"

This short also has one of the biggest technical goofs, ever, in a Stooge picture. Vernon Dent says he's giving a masquerade party, Conklin is a happy little devil, smiling and enjoying a drink and looking around and reacting as though a party is happening offscreen. Thing is, there's no party sounds-- no voices, music or nothin'!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Three Pests in a Mess

Easily a Curly classic!
In total agreement. One of my all-time favorite Curly's. My vote goes to Three Pests in a Mess as well.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
How did I miss seeing this yesterday?!   :-[

Loose Loot get a vote from me.   8)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

stooged and confused

"Sock-A-By Baby".

Moe: What did you eat when you were a baby?

Curly: Weeds!

Offline archiezappa

My vote is for "Rhythm & Weep."  That's probably my favorite of the later Curly's. 

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
I would have to agree with "Jazz Bill", this is a pretty weak line-up of choices.  But picking from the line-up I would like to cast my vote as follows please.  Thank you for taking the time to post my vote I do appreciate it.

SHEMP ERA:

"Hula-La-La"

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline Justin T

Slaphappy Sleuths this time around.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline locoboymakesgood

Cuckoo on a Choo Choo for me.

And Moron, I didn't count anything written in your post since you didn't read the first post at all. If you'd like to play please follow the rules.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
Monkey Businessmen for me this time.  It saddens me to see Curly in it though.   :'(
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
f you'd like to play please follow the rules.

I looked back at the rules and realized that I can vote each day.  (I must have overlooked it the first time.)

If I can vote for the same short, make mine Scrambled again!  I just love Scrambled Brains Eggs for breakfast!   ;D

Offline locoboymakesgood

I looked back at the rules and realized that I can vote each day.  (I must have overlooked it the first time.)

If I can vote for the same short, make mine Scrambled again!  I just love Scrambled Brains Eggs for breakfast!   ;D
Normally I'm not one for some rules in a game on a message board, but when someone replies with basically every short on the list and doesn't read what I initially wrote it makes it harder to tally up the votes.

I need a life. haha.

Offline JazzBill

Self Made Maids again
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline archiezappa

Rhythm & Weep! 

Moe, Larry & Curly:  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hilda, Wilda & Tilda:  Yesssssssssssssssss!

Offline locoboymakesgood

I've always had love for the Besser-era, so I'm going with Space Ship Sappy today.

Offline Justin T

I'm voting for Slaphappy Sleuths again.  >:D
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
Flying Saucer Daffy for me.

I can actually get a chuckle from Joe with this short.   :o

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey Loco Boy Makes Good:

I am sorry for making that mistake.  Please forgive me.  This is why I am a "Moron".  I would like to try again.  I mis-read the instructions.  I did not see the part where it was posted one short from each section.  I hope I have completed it correctly this time.  Again sorry for be a nusiance.

SHEMP ERA:

"HULA-LA-LA"

Please for give me for making this mistake and somewhat messing up your site.  I misread the instructions.  I was doing late at night after work.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

ThumpTheShoes

The Yoke's On Me

Remember when the Three Stooges went on an Easter Egg hunt and the EggS kept sTICKing to their fingers? Think about it!

:laugh: