Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp Cocktail

Offline archiezappa

I'm looking forward to the release of the Shemp Cocktail DVD.  I was just wondering, though.  If sales are good, will there be future volumes of this?  There's certainly plenty of Shemps Vitaphone Shorts to make several volumes.  Would anyone else be interested in having all of Shemps solo shorts?

Offline Hammond Eggar

Would anyone else be interested in having all of Shemps solo shorts?

I certainly would, and I'm sure others would, too.  That said, I was under the impression that the titles featured on this new Shemp DVD set were all public domain.  If that's true, then it will make future releases a difficulty. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

If the films on Shemp Cocktail are all public domain, I wonder how many more Shemp Shorts are public domain.  Have they all fallen into public domain?

Curley91

Would anyone else be interested in having all of Shemps solo shorts?

I sure would be!  Now, I am curious as to which other films are in the public domain along with these.

Offline archiezappa

I wonder if there is some way of knowing which films are now public domain.  What would be cool, is to have the films that are public domain listed as such on the filmography on this website.  I wonder if anyone knows for sure which ones are public domain.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
As someone else mentioned (sorry can't remember who) Vitaphone is owned by Warner Bros. (like the cartoons you see with that name at the beginning) so They still probably own the copyright on those films.

Robin

"I was imitating that guy with the candelabra"
(Shemp in Gypped In The Penthouse)

Offline Monofletch

Another vote for Shemp!!

He's the best!
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!