Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A DVD Idea

Offline archiezappa

If Sony doesn't include any bonus features on any of the Three Stooges DVD sets, not to worry.  I have an idea.  Maybe they could continue the series like this.  They could have a box set of the other three Stooges.  A set of solo shorts from Shemp, Besser and DeRita.  Then, a box set of all the Columbia movies that the Three Stooges appeared in with Curly.  Then, have the box set with the Three Stooges movies with Curly Joe.

We'd have more sets, but it would be very interesting.  I wonder if they would go for it.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I'd say if sales warrant it, The Stooge DVD's will go on and on (like the energizer bunny). Cactus Makes Perfect!

Robin

Offline falsealarms

This new DVD was miles better but still heavily flawed. Should have been a boxset of the Curly years, with the next being Shemp years etc.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Or give people the choice of the two.   Boxsets Of the Curly, Shemp And yeah Joe years ALONG with the option of smaller sets for the casual collector.  Sometimes box sets come out AFTER all the regular sets come out.   That sucks because by then everyone has bought them all along.

Also they put additional features and goodies on the deluxe sets NOT available on the others to warrant the extra cost for the bigger sets.

I have no problem myself with the way Sony is handling the Stooge sets.  Maybe a choice of a slightly better set with a few extras (interviews w/ surviving cast members, Stooge children and so on)   

Robin

Offline archiezappa

Yeah, some extras would be nice.  I think the biggest problem is the fact that they started releasing DVD's the same way they were doing the videocassettes.  But instead of 3 per tape, they were doing like 6 per disc.  Remember, that was before everyone started releasing TV series' on DVD.  It's a completely different ballgame now.  This is a completely different way of releasing the Three Stooges.  I guess they want to make sure it will be worth their while.  I don't think the first set would have done well if it was a deluxe 15-disc box set.  The price would have been too steep and sales would not be what they currently are.  I think we're off on a good start.  We all need to keep buying and supporting the coming volumes.  Who knows?  The next volume is liable to be chock full of bonus stuff.  We won't know until it comes out.  But I am looking forward to all 12 sets!

xraffle

I really wouldn't mind at all if Sony were to release a set of 5 or 6 years for around $40-50. I think releasing 2-3 years on 12 sets is a bit much, but at least, they're planning on releasing all the shorts. So, who am I to complain?

Curley91

I really wouldn't mind at all if Sony were to release a set of 5 or 6 years for around $40-50. I think releasing 2-3 years on 12 sets is a bit much, but at least, they're planning on releasing all the shorts.

Yeah, I agree.  As great as these boxed sets are, they still have a few bugs left in them. Sony should try to kick it up a knotch and bring us more shorts at a time.  As does everybody else, I would like to see some extras as well.
But still, the actual shorts are the #1 priority! 

It would be interesting if Columbia could put some of the other PD solos on the boxed sets, and some of the "Screen Snapshots" films.  They could also consider adding clips of the Stooges in the other feature films with Curly.

Offline archiezappa

It would be interesting if Columbia could put some of the other PD solos on the boxed sets, and some of the "Screen Snapshots" films.  They could also consider adding clips of the Stooges in the other feature films with Curly.

I agree.  We, as hardcore Stooge fans, would like to have every film appearance of every Stooge.  I know I would like to see everything that was filmed at least once.  All of these guys were such comedic talents.  Head and shoulders above anything called "comedy" these days.