Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Tons of Shemp shorts

Offline falsealarms

Right here

Not mine... but the user has disabled embedding. These probably won't be on there long, so you may want to grab them while you can.

1) http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php   (name all files whatever.flv)
2) download this free app

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
On www2.zamzar.com you can just put in the video url and it'll send you an email where you can download a converted file from .flv to whatever (mpeg, etc.) within 24 hours. It is pretty slick.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Yeah, those would get removed very soon. I already have all of those uncut and in decent quality, so I don't need to download them. I never liked downloading anything from youtube anyway because the quality is just awful, which is why I don't understand why companies make such a fuss about their videos being posted there.

Offline falsealarms

Some aren't in great shape, but a few are in decent shape: Loose Loot and Pardon my Backfire.

Offline falsealarms

Still being added.

Daisy's Penthouse and Baby Sitters Jitters are two in decent enough shape.

Offline falsealarms

Now that user is uploading some Curly's not on DVD. Quality varies... Bird in the Head looks good.

Offline skeit

Does anyone know where I can buy/download/view some Shemp shorts.  I enjoyed Knife of the Party (only one I've seen thus far.) I most want to see Hit With a Miss.

Thanks 

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone know where I can buy/download/view some Shemp shorts.  I enjoyed Knife of the Party (only one I've seen thus far.) I most want to see Hit With a Miss.

Very few Shemp solo short subjects are available on home video. This site's VIDEOGRAPHY has a rundown of DVD and VHS (& Beta, Laser Disc and CED) Three Stooges and solo home video from 1980 - today. Amazon.com links provided.

Sony is releasing its first Shemp solo short in a couple weeks, PLEASED TO MITT YOU (1940), a bonus feature on the DVD of GOLDEN BOY. Indications are that Sony may have more solo Shemps (and/or Bessers & DeRitas) in 2008/2009, either as bonus features for other Columbia features like GOLDEN BOY, or on future Three Stooges Collection volumes. (Last month, Sony included the Tom Kennedy / Monty Collins short subject MIDNIGHT BLUNDERS (1936) in its "Sam Katzman Horror Collection.")

Catcom (a bargain label distributor) put out a DVD in 2003, "The Three Stooges: Wiseguys," that has six of Shemp's Vitaphone comedies -
DIZZY AND DAFFY (1934), HERE COMES FLOSSIE (1933), HIS FIRST FLAME (1935), I SCREAM (1934), SERVES YOU RIGHT (1935) and WHY PAY RENT? (1935).

American Home Treasures (again, a bargain label) released "The Three Stooges: The Early Years" in 1998, with these Vitaphones -
CORN ON THE COP (1934), HIS FIRST FLAME (1935) and SALT WATER DAFFY (1933).

The Videography also lists all of Shemp's available solo feature film work, mostly listed among the Universal Studios entries.

Offline skeit

thanks for the info.  I was planning on buying Golden Boy, anyway.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for some of the other titles you mentioned.

kth