Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Contact Sony?

jrvass · 9 · 3027

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
OK. It seems everyone is in general agreement that this latest collection is the "cat's meow" (delivery and stocking problems, excluded).

So, how does a stooge fan express their appreciation for the quality and completeness of (hopefully) the first installment of the 190 shorts (9 more chances for Sony to get into my wallet!)

Oy vey! Don't look for any "contact us" info on SonyPictures.com . Pitiful.

It's nice that we tell each other how good the DVD's are... It'd be better to tell the producers of the DVD's. I have no clue as to how to do that unless I use their "complaint system". (Which isn't a bad idea... since the people who deal with those who piss & moan need good news too. But it may not get where it is "useful" [to us].)

Any input?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'm not sure of the contact information, either. I had the same idea earlier this week. Gotta show them a little gratitude, and 42 cents isn't a lot given the superb job handled by this set.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
The only E Mail that I could find would be:

consumer@SPHECustomerSupport.sony.com

They do need a better E Mail address for positive comments, or for information.  The Sony Pictures site isn't very good either by looking through it.

After I watch a few shorts, I'll send them an E Mail.  Good idea jrvass.   8)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline locoboymakesgood

A typed letter is always more effective than an e-mail

Just my two cents.

"Oh, yeah? Well here's the two cents!"
"Well I raised my price."
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
A typed letter is always more effective than an e-mail

Just my two cents.

"Oh, yeah? Well here's the two cents!"
"Well I raised my price."

True.  If a postage stamp was two cents I'd mail in my two cents.  ;)

But since a stamp now costs what?  40 cents (I'm guessing) or more I'd rather do it via computer and save the money.  Either way will get the same return that I'm expecting from Sony...nothing.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

stooged and confused

I have a contact at Sony, so I suggest that you write your comments here and I will cut and paste them all and send them to the contact that has been giving me the advanced info on volume one. Sound good? You can create a new topic called Sony Comments and I would be happy to forward them for you.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
Thanks stooged and confused.   8)

I'll just add my comments here, since most people might still go to this topic.

Sony:

Just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with your Three Stooges DVD set.  The first volume (1934-1936) was an absolute masterpiece in how technology can help older movies.  It is amazing how clear and brand new these shorts look, since they are 70+ years old.  Many Three Stooges fans have been praising this set, and I have yet to see any negative comments made for it.

I was wondering though, if you had any sort of schedule for the next sets that come out?  Also, will each set be three years worth of shorts?  Or will that vary depending on how many shorts were made in the year?

Keep up the great work with restoring these classic short films.  I never thought I'd see the day when DVD sets would be made in chronological order for the Three Stooges.  This set is my pick for "Best DVD to own" for 2007.

Michael L. Donovan
Stooge fan forever

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Sony Pictures:

I want to thank you for producing the "Three Stooges Collection-Volume One". You have done a wonderful job of restoring the films! I have only seen good reviews (after I pre-ordered on Amazon).

I look forward to the (hopefully soon) release of volume 2, and beyond. Keep up the good work!

James Vass
Waterford MI
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

stooged and confused

I will send Moe and jrvass' comments to Sony. If anyone else wants to let Sony know how they feel about the new DVD set and their desire for more volumes, I will forward them after they appear here on the site!