Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Store Pickup or Online Ordering For Volume 2

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I was wondering if more people were going to order the second volume online or try to find it or order it from a retailer since some of us found it in stores. Seems easier to me to get it and watch it on release day instead of waiting up to a week to get it. (hopefully not damaged in the mail)

Even though a lot of us used lots of gas and time to find the set (we know where to go to find it now though) It was nice to see it on the shelves and pick it up and buy it. The treasure hunt was indeed worth it.

I know a lot of us (me included) knew this would be hard to find in stores but did indeed find it eventually.

I Fleecem 

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Online is fine with me. My time and my gasoline bills are both equivalent to next-day-air. I am in no hurry.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline falsealarms

xraffle

I was wondering if more people were going to order the second volume online or try to find it or order it from a retailer since some of us found it in stores. Seems easier to me to get it and watch it on release day instead of waiting up to a week to get it. (hopefully not damaged in the mail)

Even though a lot of us used lots of gas and time to find the set (we know where to go to find it now though) It was nice to see it on the shelves and pick it up and buy it. The treasure hunt was indeed worth it.

I know a lot of us (me included) knew this would be hard to find in stores but did indeed find it eventually.

I Fleecem 

Definitely buy it in the store. This experience with the Volume 1 set is a nightmare.

ThumpTheShoes

I'll definitely order online. Our local Best Buy is the only place around that seems to stock the stuff I want, but they only get, like, one or two copies in at the most! Unless it's like Indiana Jones, or something. And there are always these two nerdy guys who are already inside snatching up the new releases when the store opens. Long ago, I gave up trying to get the discs I wanted before they do. And, believe me, those guys go to the register with armloads of discs. Every week. On Tuesday. Rain or shine. And they never fail to scoop up the titles I want.

I had to wait two extra days for the Stooges set but that's okay. I was at work, anyway, and it's kinda nice to come home and hear the thump of an Amazon box as it is hurled against your front door. Gives you a good feeling to know that the DHL guy broke all speed records and laws of physics by not actually stopping the van, but managing to wing the box at the door, knock twice reeeeal quick, and slip back into the van and speed off full seconds before the package made it's third and final bouce down the front steps and into a fire ant mound!

Now, I gotta say, that's the kinda service that's worth coming home to!

I, uh, will still get the next ones online. Only next time I'll make sure the ants are taken care of beforehand.

-Th

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I'm weird when it comes to DVD's.

I like to make sure that the package isn't damaged, or that the DVD's haven't come off of their hubs (which could make them scratched).  Since I was able to find the first set in town, I'll try my best to get the second set in town as well.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

ThumpTheShoes

I'm weird when it comes to DVD's.

I like to make sure that the package isn't damaged, or that the DVD's haven't come off of their hubs (which could make them scratched).  Since I was able to find the first set in town, I'll try my best to get the second set in town as well.

Really, you ain't the only one! When I can get the things in stores I do the whole shake the box, check it for box cutter marks, fingernail gouges and so forth. But, fortunately, I've had great luck ordering discs online and only ever had one I had an issue with and, thankfully, Amazon.uk took care of that within three days at no expense to me!

Now, buying books online? Damn! That's a whole new world of questionable damage!

-Th

Offline locoboymakesgood

There's only one store that sells it, and I know they'll have Volume 2. I'll be getting it from there like I did Volume 1. I can be very impatient. ;D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

When I can get the things in stores I do the whole shake the box, check it for box cutter marks, fingernail gouges and so forth.

I thought I was the only one who did that because whenever I go to a store and shake the DVD case just to make sure nothing is broken or dislodged, the employees look at me like I'm up to something as if nobody else has done that before.

Offline Justin T

I thought I was the only one who did that because whenever I go to a store and shake the DVD case just to make sure nothing is broken or dislodged, the employees look at me like I'm up to something as if nobody else has done that before.

I do that to when I'm in the store, just to make sure that nothing is wrong.

I'll probably order online again, Amazon has been very good to me. Everything I have ordered from that has arrived either on time or early.
I got the new DVD set a day earlier then I expected since they shipped it the day before its release.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

Amazon has been very good to me. Everything I have ordered from that has arrived either on time or early.
I got the new DVD set a day earlier then I expected since they shipped it the day before its release.

Amazon must hate me then. Because if my DVD set doesn't arrive by tomorrow, it will be past the Delivery Estimate and I know it won't arrive because tracking information is still unavailable.

Offline Justin T

Amazon must hate me then. Because if my DVD set doesn't arrive by tomorrow, it will be past the Delivery Estimate and I know it won't arrive because tracking information is still unavailable.

I'm sorry you have had such a problem xraffle, hope yours gets delivered on time.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline locoboymakesgood

Have the sales numbers for Volume 1 been released yet? Stooges and Confused, do you know if impressed Sony enough to warrant Volume 2??
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline DJEvelEd

After reading all the posts here, I fully expected not to receive my set for a week. SUPRISE! I got my discs in 2 days!!!! Regular ground shipment too!!!
I spent time/money driving to FYE and BestBuy for naught. I'll buy the rest from Amazon. Online ordering for this Knucklehead, I have half a brain!

stooged and confused

Locoboy: Sales figures have not been released, but it seems the vibe is positive for volume 1 and the 2nd set is "on the table", according to my Sony rep.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm still an in-store type of guy.  I'm not as patient as I probably should be, so it's hard for me to wait for a set, when I know the release date has already passed.  Plus, I just like the experience of actually visiting a store  and buying it.  I hope by doing so, it will encourage the store to stock more copies of the title I'm purchasing, as well as other similar titles.  At least it's a thought. ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline DJEvelEd

If the second set is on the table, what month will it be in my DVD player?
I see no information anywhere on a release date for Vol 2...

I'm so excited because there are shorts that I've NEVER seen!!! (mostly shorts from the "missing 60")

So fellow frogheads, buy a set or two for Christmas/Chanukah/Kwansa/Ramadan gifts! Let's make sure they release all the sets by pumping us sales! I'm getting two more for gifts right now. One is a divorce gift, the other is a bris party.