Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which Stooge Short Did You Watch First

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I was just wondering which Stooge short everyone watched first when they got their set?
For me I started at the beginning with Woman Haters but then jumped to Pop Goes The Easel (one of  my top favorites) Also I don't know if its on the goofs board for WH but I noticed when Moe gives his button to the Conductor later on its on his lapel again.

I Fleecem

Offline locoboymakesgood

I jumped right to Three Little Beers. The print was beautiful.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline busybuddy

I started to watch Ants in the Pantry with my dad first, but after 2 mintutes I had to go to work. When I got home I watched Woman Haters, Three Little Beers, Restless Knights, and Punch Drunks. Is it just me or do Moe's slaps echo now?
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline locoboymakesgood

I just finished watching A Pain In the Pullman, and honestly it's like I've never even seen it before today. It looks like an entirely different film - I don't know how Sony fixed it, but I bet it took a long time. It looks amazing.

Offline falsealarms

When mine arrives, Pardon my Scotch and Movie Maniacs will top the list. Two of my faves.

Offline Justin T

The first one I watched when I popped in Disk 1 was Three Little Beers, one of my all time favorites.
Its fully restored at last! After that I watched Three Little Pigskins and Horses Collars
(both of which I haven't seen in quite awhile.)

That's it so far. I'll probably watch Movie Maniacs next, another
of my personal faves

The prints are AMAZING! I have never seen them look this pristine and sharp. Sony really did an awesome
job restoring them for this set.

I love this new set already!
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Curley91

When my set finally comes, I will watch:

1. A Pain In The Pullman
2. Three Little Beers
3. Uncivil Warriors
4. Movie Maniacs

JH24

I havent got my set yet but when i have finally got the set i'll start with Women Haters, i have never watched that one.

Offline mark32570

The first time through, I watched them in order. Then, I watched Pain in the Pullman and Ants in the Pantry again. I had never seen those 2, and they are now amongst my fav's, along with Men in Black, Three Little Beers, Three Little Pigskins, Hoi Polloi, False Alarms, and the funniest short, Disorder in the Court. I thought Horses' Collars, which I had also never seen (or at least don't remember it that well) was the least funny of the 19. But I'm sure it will grow on me. And Whoops, I'm an Indian is the roughest looking of the 19, but still looks better than it's older DVD release.

"For you I have thee grand surprise"!
"So do I, if you only knew it"!

ROFL
"For you, I have thee grand surprise"
"So do I, if you only knew it"

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
After "tricks & treats" was done, I watched all of 1934 and Uncivil Warriors... but I was falling asleep by then. I get up at 5am and it was 11pm when I went to bed.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I decided to watch them in order, so "Woman Haters" was first.

I used to dislike this one, and only watched it when I was young so it's been a while.  Being older now, I can appreciate the lyrics.  Funny lines during the short.   8)

I stopped with "Restless Knights" and will finish off the first DVD tomorrow.  Some of my favorites will be watched on Saturday, that being "Pop Goes the Easel" and "Pardon my Scotch".
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Hammond Eggar

The first short I watched was Woman Haters.  One review I read said it looked the best out of the entire set.  It does look wonderful, but then so do the rest of the shorts.  After I watched WH, I followed it up with Punch Drunks.  I was at my parents' house that night (10/30).  My dad was flying back into town from a business trip in Tyler, TX, near Dallas.  When he arrived home, I showed him Pop Goes the Easel, because it is a funny short, and because Moe's daughter Joan has a brief cameo in it.  My dad and I have met Joan on two seperate occasions, one being the Three Stooges Convention in PA in 1991.  As the week has progressed, I've gone back to watching the shorts in chronological order.  For some reason that feels like the best way to view them, at least for this first go-round. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

xraffle

I was just wondering which Stooge short everyone watched first when they got their set?
For me I started at the beginning with Woman Haters but then jumped to Pop Goes The Easel (one of  my top favorites)

I hate to bump up a dead thread, but I really want to contribute to this discussion now as I was unable to last week because my set took so long to arrive.

The first short I watched was Woman Haters, then Punch Drunks. After that, I got tired of going in order so I started jumping around.

Offline archiezappa

I watched Woman Haters first.  Yes, I watched them in order.  In fact, I am watching them in order with my kids who have never seen very many episodes.  And certainly not in the original order.  They love it!  I do too.  By the way, my kids are ages 7 and 4.

Offline mark32570

Awesome! 2 new lifelong Stooge fans in the making. Only thing differant is that  kids of today will be introduced through these DVD's, instead of late night TV like the rest of us.
"For you, I have thee grand surprise"
"So do I, if you only knew it"

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hi I am relatively new to The Stooges only been a Stooge-a-holic for six years and let me tell you I will be one for the rest of my days.  The first Stooges short that I viewed was on AMC and it was Shemp in "Malice In The Palace."  Let me tell from that short on I was totally a fan.

I was wondering if it would not be much of a bother if I could ask "Archiezappa" a big favour?  Could he please give me the list of Stooges shorts in chronological order I would appreciate it.  There is not time rush.  I would truely appreciate it.  You can do it through my E-mail if you would like.

Thank you and all of you have yourselves a poifect day.

Diane E. Hoekstra

AKA:  Moron4392
Moron4392@sbcglobal.net  [pie]

Offline Monofletch

Someone PLEASE tell me were to order these sets!  I have a Stooge set 1-5 (8 discs in each) I boughtfrom e-bay, but the quality isn't as fine as you are  explaining!!!
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!

Offline busybuddy

Amazon has it, and you can go to Shop ThreeStooges.net and find it. You can also find it in a couple of stores, some Wal-Marts, some Borders, some F.Y.E.s, it all depends where you live.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Monofletch:

Busy Body is correct you can purchase these through Amazon.  But if you would like a bit of helpful advice from someone who is an Amazon Shopper junkie for all of my older country music.  Use what is called "Marketplace Shopping."  When you get to the Stooges that you want there will be a section called "new and used" with a quantity.  Click on that and scroll and look at the different ones entitled new and I will guarantee you that you will pay anywhere's from 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the purchase costs being asked by Amazon.  For example the other day I ordered "Soup To Nuts" Amazon wanted 15 for the movie and another 4 for postal costs.  I ordered it from a Marketplace Firm called "Caiman" and I paid a whole huge sum of 9 buckaroonies.  6 for the film and with Marketplace you have to pay a set fee of 3 buckaroonies postal costs.  This might be of some assistance to you.  I surely hope so.

Please have yourself a wonderful evening.  And if I do not talk to sooner may you and your family have  a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Bye-Bye:

Diane Hoekstra

Moron4392. [pie]

ThumpTheShoes

I ordered it from a Marketplace Firm called "Caiman" and I paid a whole huge sum of 9 buckaroonies.  6 for the film and with Marketplace you have to pay a set fee of 3 buckaroonies postal costs.

Pardon me but, uh, do buckaroonies have anything to do with this guy?

[3stooges]

Offline locoboymakesgood

"Pardon my French, but you're an asshole!" -- Cameron Frye

xraffle

ThumpTheShoes

"You're not dying... you just can't think of anything good to do today!"

Offline Monofletch

Thanks for the info! I will order it now!
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!