Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Best Buy Stooge offer

Offline falsealarms

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat134300050011&type=category

Buy the new set for 19.99 and get any of the older Sony DVD releases for 4.99. Online only; limited time offer.

Offline busybuddy

I saw that and thought that it was a very good way to collect the two features that I don't have on DVD, but I really wanted to buy the collection instore. Has anyone gotten the e-mail from that other Stooges' site (I don't want to get in trouble) with the advertisement "Collect them all?" They're trying to get rid of all of the old DVD's at regular price! What a rip-off.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Went To Best Buy today to check for the new Stooges set but alas they did not have it. However they stated another location had received 2 copies. After  calling the store they checked and said yeah 2 of them. the clerk gave them my name to hold it and off I went to the store. I joked with my wife that it would be that 6.99 public domain DVD you see everywhere which of course after fighting rush hour traffic it turned out to be that DVD.

After checking inventory they said they had the 2 copies and would check in the back as they may have not been put out yet. But of course I was the one put out as they could not find it at all and another clerk said its probably just a computer error. Well I don't wanna hear that after almost 30 miles of driving. Alas I left the store unstooged and went to the local Target store on the other side of the mall. On their website Target had the set for a great low price of 16.96. But of course none in store.

Next its off to the local music/DVD store which also had the disc on its website and that was the only place as the clerk could not locate it in the computer after 5 minutes of looking (he did find that public domain collection which of course is available even at gas stations) I remarked that it didn't take me that long to find it at their website.

Totally frustrated by this time I decided to check another mall which was close to my home and finally I found 2 copies at the Suncoast Video Store.  Suncoast are Stooges Lovers and Supporters.  10 karma points to Suncoast for ordering the set.  I didn't want to order the set online as you still have to wait after the release date for it. I will most certainly be reserving the next set from Suncoast.

One happy Stooge Fan,
IFleecem   

Offline Hammond Eggar

I already gave special pies of thanks to both Wal-Mart and Best Buy for stocking the new Sony set.  Now here's a special 'thank-you' pie for Suncoast, as well.  I've always liked Suncoast, except the prices are a bit higher than I usually like to pay.  The selection, however, is pretty good, considering the store is usually found in shopping malls.  Oh, well.  Thanks, Suncoast!

Suncoast  [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)