Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A question for Dunrobin

Offline Hammond Eggar

I was just reading the lengthy list of Stooge routines compiled here.  One of them is titled "You'll never know," and pertains to all the films that feature the boys singing this song.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the boys sing it in Fugitive Lovers?  I just watched that film last week, and I could swear I heard them singing that very song from the back of the bus.  It needs to be added to the list. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
That sounds right, but it's been a long time since I last watched Fugitive Lovers, so I'm not positive.  (Besides, only a fool is positive!)  Can anyone else confirm whether the Stooges sing "You'll Never Know" in the movie?

BTW - welcome back, Hammond!  It's always great to see "old timers" return to the site.   ;D

Offline Hammond Eggar

Thanks, Dunrobin!  It's always great to be around fellow knuckleheads.  It's been WAY TOO LONG between visits.  I hope to keep a higher profile around here in the future. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

ThumpTheShoes

Can anyone else confirm whether the Stooges sing "You'll Never Know" in the movie?

Yep! 18 minutes in you hear a little bit of it.

-Th

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Thanks for the tip, Hammond, and thanks for the confirmation, Thump!  I'll add that to the page tonight, guys.  (I just noticed that I have an error in my code for that page, so I can't do it now.)

Offline Justin T

Hey Dunrobin,

I noticed another routine you can add too, recently on YouTube I watched the footage of the Stooges in the movie
Start Cheering and they do the "Point to the Right." gag in it. I checked and it wasnt on the list for that routine
so I thought I would let you know.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I think they do "Point to the Right" in Rockin' in the Rockies also. Can anyone
else confirm that?
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Okay, Hammond, I fixed my glitch and have added Fugitive Lovers to the routine.   Thanks for bringing that to our attention!   [pie]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Thanks, Justin-- another nice catch!  You get a pie, too!   [pie]

Offline Justin T

Thanks, Justin-- another nice catch!  You get a pie, too!   [pie]

Thanks! I love pie.....(love that smiley too he he he)  [pie]
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

ThumpTheShoes

Now that I think about it, I think they do "Point to the Right" in Rockin' in the Rockies also. Can anyone
else confirm that?

Yep... again! It happens right about the 54 minute mark.

-Th

Offline Hammond Eggar

Alright, here's another one.  Once again I was browsing the routines and came across an entry for "It's on the house."  If I'm not mistaken, that gag/routine was used in Rockin' in the Rockies.  It's been awhile since I last saw that film, so I'll defer to someone with a better knowledge and/or memory, seeing as I'm not near my VHS/DVD collection right.  If I'm correct, then this film needs to be added. [pie]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
It's been quite a while since I last watched Rockin' in the Rockies, but I distinctly remember Larry and Curly pulling that gag on the bartender early in the film.  (IIRC, it was actually before they meet Moe in the story, but I won't swear to that.)

I've added it to the routine, Hammond, and I modified the routines description while I was at it. 
You get another pie to the face!   [pie]

Offline Justin T

You are both correct about that gag being in Rockin' in the Rockies(It helps I watched it a few
months ago. Its still kinda fresh in my memory.)
Yeah, before they meet Moe, Larry and Curly ask the bartender to make a "Tin Roof" and then when
its time to pay they say, "It's on the house!" LOL

Good job on that one Hammond.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"