Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Tooned Stooges on DVD 10/30

Offline BeAStooge

"The Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 5" will be released Oct. 30 by Warner Home Video. The annual box set collection presents Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, new transfers from recent restorations of the negatives.

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 5

This year's collection includes two Stooges-related toons...
 - WHOLLY SMOKE (1938), a b&w "Porky Pig" Looney Tunes with Moe, Larry & Curly characters
 - HOLLYWOOD DAFFY (1946), with a studio guard character whose voice Mel Blanc based on Joe Besser

xraffle

That's interesting. I saw a lot of Looney Tunes cartoons, especially when I was a child, but I never saw one with the Stooges. That would be interesting to see. I always wanted to buy those Golden Collections, but they're just too expensive. $50 for a cartoon set is just too much money.

JH24

That's interesting. I saw a lot of Looney Tunes cartoons, especially when I was a child, but I never saw one with the Stooges. That would be interesting to see. I always wanted to buy those Golden Collections, but they're just too expensive. $50 for a cartoon set is just too much money.

Around the time of the Volume 5 release the first 4 will probably go down in price on Amazon.com (Maybe half of the price now), the same happened with volume 1-3 around the volume 4 release.

Besides look at it this way its less than $1 a short.

xraffle

Even if it goes down to $30, it's still too much. $30 for just cartoons is way overpriced. They really need to lower their prices significantly.