Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Columbia Shorts Department

Guest · 5 · 4592

ThumpTheShoes

Avoid 'em like the plague! He'll steal yer cash and send you nothing. Or, if you set up a trade he'll want you to ship first and then never send what he promises.

You'll find similar stories from other people on this forum and others. Beware!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:01:08 AM by ThumpTheShoes »

Offline Hammond Eggar

Hey, thanks for the information.  I can't wait to start doing business with him.  Which titles did you buy?  Have you viewed any of the Three Stooges, Shemp Howard, Joe Besser or Joe DeRita DVDs?  I'm curious to know what the picture quality is like on these particular sets.  Please let me know.  Again, thanks! ;D
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

Are those shorts public domain?  If not, do you think they would use them as bonus features on the new Three Stooges DVD sets?

Offline Hammond Eggar

Are those shorts public domain?  If not, do you think they would use them as bonus features on the new Three Stooges DVD sets?

I like that thought.  Perhaps when Sony makes it's way to the Besser era, we might, at the least, see some highlights of the Star unveiling.  That would be nice.  Stooges fans make some pretty big collectors.  I would think there'd be a market for some of the Columbia shorts Besser, DeRita and especially Shemp made.  I'd personally like to see them get their own DVD sets, but would still be happy if some titles made there way on to a future Stooges set as bonus features.  I'm still hoping, before Sony makes it's way through the Curly era, it sees fit to add feature films such as Rockin' in the Rockies as bonus features.  As for The Three Stooges Scrapbook, I know some of the footage was recycled in The Three Stooges in Orbit.  That said, it still would have been nice to see that as a bonus feature on the Orbit DVD release.  Perhaps Sony will rethink the packaging of the DeRita Stooges films and reissue them with more extras. :-\   
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

The Columbia feature films would be great bonus features.  Bonus discs, perhaps?  Also, those "non-Stooge" shorts would be good, too.  I'd like to see those Columbia shorts starring Shemp Howard, Joe Besser and Joe DeRita.  I'd also like to see more of their excellent supporting players like: Christine McIntyre, Emil Sitka, Vernon Dent, etc.

I wonder if the people at Sony read this website.  If they do, I hope they're taking notes...