Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Home page msg list, lists everything as "new"...

jrvass · 5 · 3851

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
even though they are old and read? Heck even stuff posted by me?

Maybe it is a feature of this new Internut Exploder 7.0 that is far inferior to Firefox 2.0 as rated by C-net?

(Yeah, it's what I am forced to "work" with, for now.)

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Hmmm... still the same. Any progress?

James

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Does the top of the Home page say, "Welcome jrvass to..."?  If not, the problem is that the main portion of the site is not recognizing the cookie on your computer that tells it who you are, so the message board section has no way to know if you've read the messages yet.

Try logging out of the forum, then logging in again.  That should clear it up.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
If I login twice, it does recognize my "cookie". I feel embarrassed that it can see that!

If I refresh the website to see what is new, it forgets who I am and everything old is new again. Not a major PITA. Just annoying. Should I go "back"? or is it something to add to the wish list...

James

Offline Justin T

Does the top of the Home page say, "Welcome jrvass to..."?  If not, the problem is that the main portion of the site is not recognizing the cookie on your computer that tells it who you are, so the message board section has no way to know if you've read the messages yet.

Try logging out of the forum, then logging in again.  That should clear it up.

I've had that same problem. Last week I would login and the site would remember me so when I came back later it would say "Welcome Justin T to..." and I could vote again, post reviews, quotes ect but now that's all unavailable again and when i come back I dont see my username at the top of the website welcoming me back either.

Its a good thing I voted, contributed a few quotes and posted some reviews when I had the chance. Are there still problems or was the voting and posting of reviews just a temp thing before you upgrade the site again?

Justin
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"