Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges for Dickies (circa 1969)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
If you'd like a better/more permanent copy of this Stooges commercial, it's available on home video, Goodtimes' "Lost Comedy Treasures" and "3 Stooges Story" DVDs.
http://threestooges.net/videography.php

Offline falsealarms

[youtube=425,350]Z4iTPFh24Fc[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]dS-ANqDshSo[/youtube]

Believe both are on DVD.

Offline porcupinefan87

Haha! I recently found a tape that had the Arthritis commerical on it and we were in hysterics over it, even though I'm sure it's not meant to be funny. But we were laughing at how SERIOUS Moe is and how Larry seems like he doesn't know what to do with himself...I love how at the end he does this little hand thing like "okay we're done!" haha.

It's a good commerical though and good that they got involved in such things. It's cool to see the rare TV spots.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline soitenly_stooges

Thanks for sharing these rare spots.  I especially enjoyed the Dickies commercial, I think because of the Three Blind Mice music, good slapstick (for 1969), and the fact that it was in black and white. 

Offline Hammond Eggar

Yep, it's a rare one.  At least it is to me.  See what you think. [pie]

3 Stooges in PSA/commercial

Here's the Dickies ad just for fun
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)