shemps#1 · 30 · 16299

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Hi Eric, you're a fucking idiot (from threestooges.com):

Mysterious Strainger again [50] 10/30/2006 5:55:19 PM

I’m sorry. I meant jrvass, not JazzBill. But JazzBill made a joke about it. Did he get swayed too?

Mysterious stranger [238] 10/30/2006 5:37:02 PM

Thank goodness this place isn’t like threestooges dot net. People are still jerks over there-- not just the moderators-- but a few other posters. Read the latest postings in the Ask Team Stooge thread. Here is what I would say to them:
----------------------------------
If you were all talking in person and one of you had a speech impediment, would you get a headache from hearing the talk? Would you blow him off and/or ignore him until he could speak right? If one of you were ugly, would you treat him the same way until they beautified themselves?

Let the administration have their rules and be sure to follow them, but let them do their job and come down on whoever they think needs to be dealt with. Just because those are their rules doesn’t mean that you have to adopt every single one of them for yourselves, making them pertain to your dealings with others.

Maybe one of you had something wrong with your legs or feet in your school days which made you walk and run awkward. Wouldn’t you still want to get in on the games that involve running? What if it was a P.E. class softball game and the teacher assigned captains and let the kids pick their own team members, and the awkward running kid stayed on the bench because they were treating him the same way until he could walk and run right? Have you thought that bam might have a physical or mental disability that is causing it? Maybe it’s a kind of disability that doesn’t go away and can’t be cured. Might he as well just avoid forums and e-mail because he doesn’t do well, while the rest of you live it up? Might a tramp that has no table manner as well just eat out of a garbage can until whoever takes time with him (and why should YOU bother, right?) can teach him or until he learns by observance while people get angry at him for staring? Or would you take pity on him and give him something good to eat or even just teach him the table manners? Not all tramps caused their own hardship. Maybe some were robbed or just had trouble with employment. The same goes for people with poor typing skills. Some didn’t have a good teacher or had comprehension problems. You just don’t know what the story is, but you ALWAYS act like EVERY SINGLE person with bad typing skills is just being carelss and lazy.

But hey, forget ’em and live it up. Who cares that you could’ve easily been in their shoes had things gone differently for you? Why should you feel fortunate just because of that? You aren’t in their shoes and that’s all that matters. Period. Right? So what if there is a story of Moe, one of the men you are all there as fans of, putting his arm around a mistreated black man in a racist locale? Surely that doesn’t mean the stooges wouldn’t think less of their fans who shun people who society deems undesireable, right? Nah, you’ve got it made in the shade and all that matters.

bam said "Sorry, I have lousy typing skills. Thats pretty much the way i type." He admitted his fault apologized for himself but does he get any credit for that? Nope. His "that’s just the way I..." comment could be spoken by any of the people in my previous examples. Everyone needs to feel accepted (their behavior is a different story, and naturally bad typing is not behavior-related). I would put my arm around a person of any race, financial state, level of typing skills, physical appearance, type of physical mobility, level of speaking skills, etc. The greatest typist in the world could be a big jerk or a message board troll or some other kind of undesireable person. A well-behaved and well-meaning person, Mr. JazzBill, is worth the trouble to decipher. If I had my own message board, ANY such person would be warmly welcomed and allowed to stay, unhassled.
------------------------
Shame on JazzBill, Xraffle and Giff me dat fillem. The "Hoi Polloi" of the message board. The snobs. They weren’t that way in the beginning (and yes, I’ve been around the boards for a long time). Shemps#1’s preaching changed them as much as it changed Dunrobin and the "dearly departed" Pilsner Panther. One bad apple spoils a whole bunch. Shame on you all for comprimising your values to be and stay in the "high society" of the message board (please think about this before being offended or just dismissing it and you’ll see that I’m right).

Maybe I should make sure this message stays on the front page of this guestbook until they find out about it...
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Eric should have been a politican - he writes an essay where a sentence or two would do!   ::)

Since I know you read this board religiously, Eric, let me address your "point."  Typing a post on the message boards bears no resemblance at all to verbal speech, so (as usual) your analogy is meaningless.  I completely overlook typos and misspelled words when text messaging, since speed is a factor in that case, but that doesn't apply here.  A person can take all the time in the world before posting a message, and there is a preview feature as well, so there is no excuse for not taking the time to make corrections before clicking on the "Post" button.  (It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to use the Shift key, and there are plenty of online dictionaries.)

You also betray your ignorance in your final paragraph.  If you weren't always so busy being a pompous idiot, Eric, you might have learned over the years that hoi polloi means "the common people" or "the masses."  It does not refer to "high society" at all, as was pointed by out in a comment by "jagman" on the Hoi Polloi episode page back in 2003.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
First off, Happy Halloween everyone.  This is my week off from work and right now I'm enjoying life!

As for SLIPP, his constant attempts trying to rally people against us while trying to identify with the disabled are so full of shit they're funny....in an Ed Wood kind of why.  It just goes to show SLIPP takes message board posting WAY too seriously.  You're right Rob, he really should be a politician.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The Slippsterious Stranger strikes again, yet again denying his identity:

Mysterious Stranger [238]     10/31/2006 11:53:15 AM
Lookee what Dunrobin said about my first post yesterday:

"
Since I know you read this board religiously, Eric, let me address your "point." Typing a post on the message boards bears no resemblance at all to verbal speech, so (as usual) your analogy is meaningless. I completely overlook typos and misspelled words when text messaging, since speed is a factor in that case, but that doesn’t apply here. A person can take all the time in the world before posting a message, and there is a preview feature as well, so there is no excuse for not taking the time to make corrections before clicking on the "Post" button. (It doesn’t take a genius to figure out how to use the Shift key, and there are plenty of online dictionaries.)

You also betray your ignorance in your final paragraph. If you weren’t always so busy being a pompous idiot, Eric, you might have learned over the years that hoi polloi means "the common people" or "the masses." It does not refer to "high society" at all, as was pointed by out in a comment by "jagman" on the Hoi Polloi episode page back in 2003."

Firstly, they all are so sure they know who I am.. tsk tsk!

secondly, he tries to shoot down my speech analogy by claiming I was comparing it to typing a post. No, I was comparing the behavior toward people with crappy typing skills and the behavior toward people who have trouble speaking.

Thirdly, yes, a person has all the time in the world, but a person with a physical or mental disabillity which makes their typing skills crappy could TAKE all the time in the world and it wouldn’t help. Same goes for a person who had bad teachers.

Thirdly, he forgot how Moe used the term "hoi polloi" at the end of the short, Hoi Polloi. I was using it like that and as a bit of a jab, to say that they think they are the upper crust of the board but they are actually no better than commoners.

Lastly, my disabled softball player analogy was conveniently ignored. My homeless person analogy was conveniently ignored. My "Moe and black man" point was conveniently ignored. They couldn’t answer them which means I have stated my case well. They also neglected to defend the posters xraffle, jrvass and Giff toward bam. Why, because they can’t justify their actions. They know deep inside that something isn’t right about their actions.

Metaldams thinks I’m trying to rally people against them? Wrong. I’m just revealing them for the scum they are. Don’t let him sway you with his dismissal of my "disabled" point. He doesn’t even state how he can make that comparison.

In closing, you accuse me of taking message board posting seriously, but If you guys don’t take message board posting seriously, the rules on post quality should be relaxed. Put that in your oven and bake it!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

Shame on JazzBill, Xraffle and Giff me dat fillem. The "Hoi Polloi" of the message board. The snobs. They weren’t that way in the beginning (and yes, I’ve been around the boards for a long time). Shemps#1’s preaching changed them as much as it changed Dunrobin and the "dearly departed" Pilsner Panther. One bad apple spoils a whole bunch. Shame on you all for comprimising your values to be and stay in the "high society" of the message board (please think about this before being offended or just dismissing it and you’ll see that I’m right).

Actually, I've always hated it when people don't type properly on forums because it gives me a headache just reading the post. I just never expressed it until now.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I simply made the statement that if the post was in a difficult-to-read form, I wouldn't endeavor to read it - placing conditions on it such as having a physical handicap or a mental deficiency is pretentious bullshit.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Islipp disses me. I have arrived.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

I haven't checked the threestooges.com guestbook in a very long time. I can't believe Eric has no life at all. He apparently has nothing better to do but to clog the guestbook with garbage.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
More from Psychotic Headquarters, located in Northern Michigan, as the Crusader For The Asinine responds to criticism from the guestbook and xraffle:

B.BOPPER   [3]     10/31/2006 1:36:29 PM
To: Mysterious Stranger (or Strainger???)

Please cease and desist all this mishegas (look it up) with your longwinded responses to your perceived "enemies". You are sucking all the FUN out of this site! So please......................

RECEDE! OR I’LL TEAR OUT YOUR ADENOIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B. Bopper- by all means, have your fun. I’m not standing in your way. Before you know it, I’ll be gone for good anyway.

Xraffle said: "Actually, I’ve always hated it when people don’t type properly on forums because it gives me a headache just reading the post. I just never expressed it until now. "

Actually, until now, it was probably a minor pet peeve that you didn’t even realize you had and you would’ve been happier without the realization. Fact is, it wouldn’t have ever fully dawned on you that it’s a pet peeve because it was more in your subconscious and scientists say that what’s in our subconscious is hard for us to bring to full realization.

So shemps#1 actually made you more miserable than he made the board higher quality by making strict post quality rules.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't you get it, X? It's not that you can't be bothered to decipher unintelligible posts: I've made you miserable with the typing rule!

Wait a minute...something's off...oh yeah: that makes no sense whatsoever!

Perhaps the day will come Eric when some 600 pound, bed-ridden woman will lower her standards and allow you to ride one of her waves of cellulite all the way down to her dank cavern and you'll have better things to do than worry about a message board that you have been banned from a countless number of times.

Nah, no chance of you getting that lucky. I guess your stuck with nothing better to do than unstick those pages of Boy's Life so you can "read" them again and try in vain to get me thrown off this site.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead

James

Welcome to the NFO (New Forum Order), jrvass!!!!

I'm listening to Led Zeppelin's "Nobody's Fault But Mine" as I type this.  Perhaps it's a title Eric should take to heart.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Actually, until now, it was probably a minor pet peeve that you didn’t even realize you had and you would’ve been happier without the realization. Fact is, it wouldn’t have ever fully dawned on you that it’s a pet peeve because it was more in your subconscious and scientists say that what’s in our subconscious is hard for us to bring to full realization.

Oh what a load of crap!!! I've posted on other forums, such as Stoogeworld. Those other forums don't have a rule about typing properly. However, I've always typed properly and I've been a member of Stoogeworld longer than I was here. Even on the IMDB.com boards, I type properly even though it's not required on that site. It always has annoyed me when people can't type the right way. The only reason I failed to express that before was because I thought I was the only one that has a problem with it. Now that I see that moderators on this site feel the same way, I know for sure that it's not just me feeling this way. So, now I feel free to let people know how annoyed I am with their miserable typing.

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead

James
I feel the same way. I've finally made the big time!  Not only that, but we're also members of that elite snob group called the "Hoi Polloi".  [cheers]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
"The Hoi Polloi" ... now that you've stated it in those terms I feel as you and jrvass - a class separated by the  overt ovations of an opinion based upon simple communicative logic, WE HAVE ARRIVED! I may adopt your postscript of "Charter Member of the "Hoi Polloi" Club" along with you.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
If you guys are "charter members" what the Hell does that makes guys like Doug and I?

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead
If you guys are "charter members" what the Hell does that makes guys like Doug and I?
"Founding Fathers"

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain

Old   :D

James

PS. I'm going to steal Giff me dat fill-em!'s line about the gynecologist. I can't wait to try it out on my bosses wife... a gynecolgist!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Oh what a load of crap!!! I've posted on other forums, such as Stoogeworld. Those other forums don't have a rule about typing properly. However, I've always typed properly and I've been a member of Stoogeworld longer than I was here. Even on the IMDB.com boards, I type properly even though it's not required on that site. It always has annoyed me when people can't type the right way. The only reason I failed to express that before was because I thought I was the only one that has a problem with it. Now that I see that moderators on this site feel the same way, I know for sure that it's not just me feeling this way. So, now I feel free to let people know how annoyed I am with their miserable typing.

I daresay we are coming up against a cultural barrier ... that of a young 20somethingyearold or teenager
finding the act of NONfollowing the rules of English, grammer and/or punctuation a radical act and a statement of their "separate-ness" in cyberspace, and us old blow-hards are left to muse about the state of humanity after the departure of capital letters and punctuation in messages.

(By the way ... disregarding punctuation and capitalization ISN'T a radical act ... castrating a man in a parking lot with a broken soda bottle IS a radical act!)

xraffle

I daresay we are coming up against a cultural barrier ... that of a young 20somethingyearold or teenager
finding the act of NONfollowing the rules of English, grammer and/or punctuation a radical act and a statement of their "separate-ness" in cyberspace, and us old blow-hards are left to muse about the state of humanity after the departure of capital letters and punctuation in messages.

(By the way ... disregarding punctuation and capitalization ISN'T a radical act ... castrating a man in a parking lot with a broken soda bottle IS a radical act!)

??? I must be dumb or something. I don't understand what you're saying, lol. Yet, I'm not surprised since I was never the best student in English class.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
??? I must be dumb or something. I don't understand what you're saying, lol. Yet, I'm not surprised since I was never the best student in English class.

It wasn't me talking, it was the MD20/20 talking ... (hiccup)

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Night Train...

http://www.bumwine.com/nighttrain.html

...is a step closer to the gutter than MD 20/20!

Cheers!  :D

James

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Night Train...

http://www.bumwine.com/nighttrain.html

...is a step closer to the gutter than MD 20/20!

Cheers!  :D

James

That's a fascinating site, James; I read the whole thing!   ;D

I have my own "fond" memories of Mad Dog from my Army days.   The only thing I ever tried that was even worse was some honest-to-god moonshine one of the guys brought back from West Virginia, while I was stationed at Fort Dix. [faint]

BTW - did you notice the polls on the bumwine.com site?  Should we feel honored that Detroit has received the most votes for "most grizzled bums", topping even New York?

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I feel somewhat-almost-kinda-sorta honored to have James refer us to the slathered site ...

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
My first (and only) encounter with "Night Train" was as a youth trying to buy beer in the city. The label had a lightning-bolt hitting a steam-locomotive engine. Too cool.

An extra few bucks was the normal surcharge for having a wino "buy for you" back then. He probably got "electrocuted" twice back then!

James (Helping wino's since 1978!)

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead
I got in trouble after drinking a couple of bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 many years ago. The best I can remember, after drinking a couple bottles of Mad Dog, I started playing with a loaded 357 Magnum. I think I was doing a Robert DiNero (You talking to me?) thing. Well, needless to say the gun goes off. The bullet goes through the bedroom wall and right through my bedroom closet. I put a bullet hole in every damned shirt I owned. The cops come and arrest me and take my gun away. I never did get it back. What a fucking mess that turned out to be.

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain

Well, maybe if you're e.e. cummings and are composing "i sing of olaf glad and big" etc., disregarding conventional punctuation and capitalization might be artistically rebellious, but otherwise it's sloppiness and laziness disguising itself with a thin veneer of social protest - which is the way many protesters act.

Note to Eric: at the end of HOI POLLOI, Moe is using the phrase ironically - meaning that, now that the Stooges have allegedly civilized themselves, "society" has lowered itself to previously Stoogian levels.

Good day, eh.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin