Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"Rare" photo - at least to me

Offline falsealarms

I've seen plenty of Stooges pics over the years, though probably not as many as most people here as I'm probably among the younger ones. But I stumbled across this one found on eBay, featuring Moe, Larry, Curly and character actress Allison Skipworth. I never heard of her prior to this, however. Nice picture.

Offline falsealarms

This isn't the same photo from page 14 of the spring 2006 3S Journal, is it? I noticed there was another shot from CAPTAIN HATES THE SEA in there last night - wondering if this is the same one. I've only been a subscriber of the 3S Journal for about 10 hours, so I can't answer my own question  :D

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This isn't the same photo from page 14 of the spring 2006 3S Journal, is it?

Different photo.

... character actress Allison Skipworth. I never heard of her prior to this, however.

Memorable as W. C. Fields' wife in three of his Paramount features...

IF I HAD A MILLION (1932)
TILLIE AND GUS (1933)
SIX OF A KIND (1934)

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
This photo would've been taken in 1934 during the shooting of THE CAPTAIN HATES THE SEA, which costarred Skipworth. This seems to be a posed offset shot (though that ship's deck might be a location shoot, I've never seen the film, which was shot at least in part on Catalina Island). Since the Stooges appear in mufti, I'm guessing it's a photo which doesn't correspond to anything in the film's action.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin