Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music the Stooges Might Appreciate

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This thread is not intended as a "Quiz" ...
But to highlight music that may be considered (by our general Stooge population) as selections that our beloved boys may have considered humorous, whimiscal, risqué, or any other thought provoking mode you may find appropriate.

Here's my first selection ...
A song that I feel the boys would have found hilarious, had they been alive long enough to hear it - it borders on the "risqué" mentioned earlier, but our guys had a few such moments during their careers.

Enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This one sounds like something Moe would have went for if it came out in the 60's or early 70's ...

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This one is a natural for our boys to enjoy ... it employs a delightful twist at the end of the song.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Here's a tune that was recorded in 1963, so our boys (Moe, Larry and Curly-Joe) would have had ample time to hear this one. It is a song by Chet Atkins and his older brother, Jim, who performs the vocals. It doesn't highlight Chet's ability to be called "The Guitar Genius", but I like its humor.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Here's another tune from 1962 that our boys would have found quite funny ...

If you listen to the song this will further your own edification ... and there are three entries (in red) that I cannot find any information on on the web ... anyone know?
Sofia Loren - actress
Chief Justice Warren - Supreme Court Judge
Merrill, Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, Smith - full name of the finacial managment and advisory company
B'nai Brith - Jewish advocacy and community volunteer service organization
Sylvia Porter - financial columnist
Barry Goldwater - Republican senator from Arizona/candidate for the 1964 presidential election
Edna St. Vincent Millay - poet and playwright
UJN - ?
Barton McLane - actor
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Scottish author famous for Sherlock Holmes detective stories
Khrushchev - leader of the USSR
Colonel Glenn (John Glenn) - first American to orbit the Earth
Elizabeth Taylor - actress with a sordid past of lovers
Igor Stravinsky - Russian composer
Bohol "Bo" Belinsky - Flamboyant left-handed pitcher best known for dating several Hollywood starlets. (submitted by garystooge)
David Dubinsky - American labor leader (president of the Int'l Ladies Garment Worker's Union)
Minsky - pioneer in artificial intelligence
Werhner Von Braun - rocket scientist
Buffalo Bill Cody - Wild West Show Entrepreneur
Truman Capote - American novelist
Newton B. Minow - Chairman of the FCC during the Kennedy administration (submitted by BeAStooge)
Knute Rockne - College football head coach
Olga San Juan - Puerto Rican dancer and comedian

Offline garystooge

Bo Belinsky was a flamboyant left-handed pitcher of the early/mid 1960s who was best known for dating several Hollwood starlets. Hope this helps.
Gary

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
...and there are two entries that I cannot find any information on on the web ... anyone know?
Newton B. Minnell(sp?) - ?

Newton Minow -  Chairman of the FCC during the Kennedy administration; famous for his 1961 speech to the NAB, calling television a "vast wasteland." Immortalized forever by Sherwood Schwartz, who named the "SS Minnow" after him.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
A great, funny tune by Weird Al from his album "Poodle Hat" that I think our boys would've gotten a good belly laugh out of ...

moe-jo

Well, I have a Stooge classification chart of what the Stooges might listen to.  Here goes:

Moe - The Bowl says it all, people.  Moe is a rocker through and through, though he is partial to rap.  Favorite Bands:  AC/DC, Datarock, The Bravery, Bloc Party, Vendetta Red, The Film, Hard-Fi.

Larry - Once again, another rocker, only more extreme.  Larry goes for more acid punk and heavy metal.  Favorite Bands:  Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day, Element Eighty, The Bravery.

Curly - As you can imagine, Curly goes for more softer music, though he is partial to decent rock and rap.  He listens to a lot of foreign music too.  Favorite Bands/Singers:  Selasee, Joe Dassin, Datarock, Royksopp, Bloc Party, lots of Gaelic music.

Shemp - Shemp goes more for the blues.  Favorite Bands/Singers:  The Blues Brothers, B.B. King, Ike Turner. 

Ted Healy - Ted is a rapper.  Don't ask any questions.  Favorite Rappers:  Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boyz, Jay-Z, UnkJam, Memphis Bleek, Just Blaze, Joe Budden, Snoop Dogg, Fabulous, DJ Clue.

Moe, Shemp, Curly, and possibly Ted might enjoy Eiffel 65's "I'm Blue (A-ba-dee)"  Curly, Larry, and Moe would enjoy Bowling for Soup's "1985"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:19:07 AM by moe-jo »

Offline vomit

The Stooges were physical in your face comedians.  No lead-ups, no drawn-out punchlines.  COMEDY NOW!  In that vein, I think they would like/love Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Goatlord, Slayer, and the Doors.  Music that kicks you A LOT!!  They probably would have liked punk too.  Or maybe Anne Murray?
Specto Caelum!

Offline metaldams

I think Larry would've been a prog rocker, being a musician type and all.  No doubt he'd love Ian Anderson and his theatrical flute playing.

Curly's a dancer, so I'd say he'd be into Prince and James Brown.

Moe would think Slayer is too soft and listen to the likes of Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, and Cancer.  He'd also rip the warts off Lemmy's face, only for Lemmy to say, "Hey, you stole me personality!"

Shemp's a b-bopper, so Charlie Parker and John Coltrane for him.

Joe Besser would like Abba, B-52's, and The Indigo Girls.  Don't know why I think that, I can just picture it.

Joe Derita would listen to Krokus, Triumph, Kingdom Come, and any other third rate copy-cat band lacking originality.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bud_Jamison

I think the Stooges would have loved Fats Waller & his Rhythm.  Look him up and check out a cd!  great stuff!!

Offline Blystone

Uh... we've been posting Waller tunes for a long time. Had to take some of them down due to (stupid) copyright issues, but there's still plenty of Stride and Ragtime piano at:

http://pilsnerspicks.blogspot.com/

The jive will always survive!

[cool]

Offline Bud_Jamison

Fantastic!  i think I found a new home.  Thanks for the link.

Offline Blystone

You're welcome. Feel free to leave a comment when you drop by; there's no discussion board there (and there never will be), but comments are always welcome.