Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Latest Marketing Brainstorm

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jeff_lange/archive/2006/08/30/5478.aspx

JimHillMedia.com reports today that C3 unveiled a new Stooge product at the June 2006 Licensing Show, at the Jacob Javitz Center in NYC...

Baby Stooges in 2008!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
I dunno, that "Baby Larry" is just disturbing....sort of how I picture a former "well-liked and respected" Stooge forums poster.

Another ill-conceived project from C3 to squeeze every last nickel they can from their cash cow - in this case by jumping on the intolerable "baby" market in which well-known figures are reduced to their oh-so-precious-cutesy versions. To paraphrase Dorothy Parker: "Da big steroid fweak fwowed up."

It's reprehensible that anyone would target the minds of toddlers so young as to have no understanding of market demographics to nag their parents into buying this kind of merchandise. Why doesn't C3 expend some of this money and talent on what should rightfully be their real product: the films themselves? - instead of providing us with shoddy and overpriced releases whose pictorial quality in some cases isn't much better than the prints I saw rerun on UHF channels 30 years ago?
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
Just who the hell is running their promotions department, Gene Simmons? I'm waiting for a Three Stooges casket, like Kiss has. They'll put out anything except a Buster Keaton-style set of ALL their Columbia material!!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
They'll put out anything except a Buster Keaton-style set of ALL their Columbia material!!

Baby Stooges is a C3 creation. C3 owns no Columbia material.

The films are owned by Sony, parent company of the former Columbia Studios. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is the marketer of the home videos.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
And here I was, thinking that C3 has been doing a fairly decent job at licensing merchandise.  What were they smoking when they approved that awful idea?   [yuck]

(I loved the reference to a certain former member, though, Bruck!)   ;D

Offline JazzBill

Just who the hell is running their promotions department, Gene Simmons? I'm waiting for a Three Stooges casket, like Kiss has. They'll put out anything except a Buster Keaton-style set of ALL their Columbia material!!
Your still right Bangsmith, It would be nice if someone (anyone) would put out a Keaton-style set of the Three Stooges material. As far as the Baby Three Stooges stuff goes , as Larry once put it, "I wouldn't have it as a gift" .
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Genius In the Lamp

• Unofficial genealogist of pretty blonde daughters of Canadian mining engineers
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
Anything in their brain is a storm ...

What's next, Baby Marx Brothers?
"I like very much your English punk rock stars, you know, your Lulu, your Dave Clark Five!"  - Jerzy Balowski

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Anything in their brain is a storm ...

What's next, Baby Marx Brothers?

For God's sake - don't give them any ideas!   :o

Glad to see you again, Genius - I haven't seen you around very much in a long time!    ;D

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead

Baby Stooges is a C3 creation. C3 owns no Columbia material.

The films are owned by Sony, parent company of the former Columbia Studios. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is the marketer of the home videos.
I know that--- I meant the "powers that be" in general. I don't know how everything works between the two organizations, but I'm sure C3, as the licensor, has some say in what Sony markets. Who has the final say in what Sony releases, Sony or C3? I'm no businessman, so I don't know jack about all that copyright stuff!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead