Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Re: Slipp

· 106 · 42181

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead
Am sorry I only made a lousy situation worse. You don't need that shit.

Now they've gone and hurt Rob's feelings by calling him a "pot smoking liberal"!

Why do I get the sense that all these people over on this guestbook rode the short bus to school?
School.....Whats school ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Am sorry I only made a lousy situation worse. You don't need that shit.

Now they've gone and hurt Rob's feelings by calling him a "pot smoking liberal"!

Why do I get the sense that all these people over on this guestbook rode the short bus to school?

Don't worry about it, Bruck. You had good intentions and a glimmer of hope that he might "reform" somehow. Like I told you before, even I felt sorry for him after seeing that pathetic post at the 24-7 forum.

Not only did those two and a couple of others take the short bus, but I can easily picture having harnesses wrapped around their torsos and being walked around town on a leash by their parents.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

It's rediculous how people post nothing but garbage at that guestbook. It's even insane how people start posting over there after being kicked off this site. I hope, one day, those losers will realize that the guestbook is not a message board. It proves how dumb those people are.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Oh, for crying out loud!  How many times do I have to say it?  I'm a pot smoking Anarchist[pot]

I'm a "liberal" in the sense of classical liberal, that is to say, I believe that every person is a sovereign individual, with Natural Rights given to him by his Creator which trump any claims of the "state" and which cannot be lawfully taken away for any reason.  My political philosophy comes from the likes of Thomas Jefferon, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams and George Washington.  Anybody got a problem with them?

I'm not getting after you, Bruck - I know you get it - but let me explain the classical liberal concept of "government" (for the benefit of those who think that calling me a "liberal" is an insult.)  It's fairly simple:

• Every person is a sovereign individual.  All rights originate from the individual.  (See above.)
  • Just government derives its powers from the sovereign individuals who consent to it.  The state has no powers or rights on its own merit, and neither can it (lawfully) give any "rights" to the people.  (The Bill of Rights does not "grant" any rights; its recognizes some specific rights, already naturally belonging to the people, that are particularly prone to abuse by the state.)
  • You, as an individual, do not have a right to steal from your neighbors - for any reason whatsoever.  For example, you cannot lawfully force your way into another person's home and take his belongings, even if you are intending to give them to a poor family down the street.
  • If you do not have a right to take things from others, and government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed, how can you lawfully delegate a right that you do not have to the government?  You can't.

A government's only lawful purpose is to protect the individual's rights.  A government is supposed to be the servant of the people, not their master.  The government does not have a right to order around, detain, license or otherwise harass any person who is not initiating force against another. 

The government does not have a right to take a person's property (including money) for any reason whatsoever (which is why I am not a "constitutionalist.")  The very premise of the "income tax" is immoral and obscene, because it claims that the state has a superior right to the fruits of your labor; that is the very definition of slavery.

That's not a difficult concept to understand, and - as Jefferson pointed out - its truth is self-evident.  Either you are a slave of the state or a sovereign individual; you cannot be both.  I know which one I choose, and anyone who thinks they have a right to be my "master" can go bugger himself.

(Sidenote:  I know "democracy" is the holy word these days, but it was anathema to the Founding Fathers, who recognized it for what it is: mob rule.  Literally.  My favorite definition of democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch.)

(Sorry for the political tirade in a thread about the antics of our old pal, Slipp, but I wanted to set the record straight.)   ;)

[soapbox]

Offline kinderscenen

• Porcupine
  • Chucklehead

That reminds me of a surprisingly funny line:
Moe: Why you clumsy ox!
Joe: Don't you call me clumsy!

(crickets)

I'll see myself out.... ;D

After reading Dunrobin's post, my liberal "comparison" is even less funny (if possible).
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Here's some more Islipp gold from the guestbook that I am going to quote here before they get deleted, along with some responses.

Quote from: Easy E     8/16/2006 7:11:56 PM
Now the guy I was talking about is trying to make himself look so inocent over there by taking away the opportunity he game me and publically announcing it, saying it was my own fault by making it look like I would cause trouble over there. Fine. I know that if I would’ve taken that opportunity, I would’ve been eaten alive once again. So I wasn’t strongly considering taking it anyway.

I’m not causing trouble over here. I’m making the dotnet refugees feel better for getting out of there (I hope). But he continues to cause trouble over there (even for me, and I’m not posting over there!) and his superior and co-moderator are just twiddling their thumbs about it.

Anyway, I still say this site is nice. Make mine Stooges!

Quote from: Snevah     8/16/2006 7:42:45 PM
Doesn’t anyone at this web-site know what profanity is? It sure isn’t being deleted!

[pound]

Quote from: Easy E     8/16/2006 9:23:56 PM
Don’t buy into this conversation they’re having over there. There was no reforming to do and I was just stating facts, not attacking or harrassing the guy. All the others over there have to do is open their eyes and they’ll see I speak the truth. Someday, the truth shall set us free!

Quote from: Bupp     8/16/2006 9:40:25 PM
This site is a guestbook to say something about the Three Stooges, not listen to you cry about getting kicked off the dotnet site. Long live the Stooges memory!
[rotfl]

Way to win them over, Eric! Nice job monopolizing a guestbook for the Three Stooges and making it all about you.

As for the members reading this, you'll be handed a cup of Kool-Aid on your way out of this thread; drinking it is mandatory. Don't ask questions, just drink it, and don't worry if it tastes a little odd.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Oh, for crying out loud!  How many times do I have to say it?  I'm a pot smoking Anarchist[pot]

(Sidenote:  I know "democracy" is the holy word these days, but it was anathema to the Founding Fathers, who recognized it for what it is: mob rule.  Literally.  My favorite definition of democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch.)

One of the books I read over summer was Charles A. Beard's THE REPUBLIC, published in, I think, 1943. (WWII era, anyways). Each chaper has a little symposium discussing various facets of the Constitution. One of the most dominant themes, and one which Beard reiterated throughout the book, was that the founding fathers had a grave mistrust of democracy as a non-systematic erosion of individual liberties - like moral relativism. It's a highly interesting book for telling what the Constitution does not grant us, and why. Partly, this is because the centralization of gov't during WWII aroused concerns that individual liberties were being sacrificed (much as they have been post 9-11), in the usual way personal freedoms are subsumed to some ambiguous assumption of "the common good" or "national security" at times of crisis. (England, for example, ordained all sorts of goofy regulations at the time of the Battle of Britain, ranging from national identity cards - sound familiar? - to removing the distributor cap from your engine every time you parked it, to avoid its use by saboteurs. I can't imagine more havoc in the US than if every citizen, most of whom don't even know what the distrib looks like, had to remove and replace it every time he or she went to the mall.)
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
It's rediculous how people post nothing but garbage at that guestbook. It's even insane how people start posting over there after being kicked off this site. I hope, one day, those losers will realize that the guestbook is not a message board. It proves how dumb those people are.

Now you know why the dotcom site dumped their forum long ago.   >:D

There used to be a number of Three Stooges message boards on the internet a few years ago, but most of them closed up shop after dealing with the likes of Eric and his ilk.  I refused to give it up (although I have to admit to being tempted a few times.)  Fortunately, I've got Jim and Pils to help keep an eye on things, so I can focus on stuff like improving the web site itself.

Eric used to drive me crazy, but frankly he's just an amusing annoyance now, if only because he is so incredibly predictable. 

Offline Bruckman

• Birdbrain
At this point I look at Eric as an inevitable byproduct of posting on Stooge forums, the way rust is a byproduct of driving a car. Not desirable, but unavoidable. There is no sure-fire Slipp-proofing of any site and it's ridiculous to expect him to conduct himself with honor or fairness any more than you can expect honor or fairness from the way metal oxidizes. Guess am just resigned to having him around and figure I may as well try to enjoy it as best I can. He's usually good for a laugh, even if it is inadvertent.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
All I gotta say is I can't believe this is still going on after all these years!  We're on a Three Stooges board, but this whole SLIPP saga is crazier than any Clyde Bruckman scenario.  You guys who haven't been here for say...five years, don't even know the tip of the iceberg.  SLIPP has faked his own death, e-mailed us fake suicide letters, and even posed as his own mother...and that's STILL the tip of the iceberg. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Pilsner Panther

(...)
 and even posed as his own mother...and that's STILL the tip of the iceberg. 

But Doug, that was his greatest performance! He's probably so proud of it that he's still wearing a dress and a wig.

:laugh:

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Anybody who has been around the Stooge boards for 5+ years can tell you this is the same old shit from Eric. This is a "man" (and I use that term loosely) who has to be in his mid-30's by now, has been ostrisized and banned from various Three Stooges boards throughout the Internet for roughly 2 of those years, and he is still obsessed with trying to get back on those boards without being noticed. Fortunately I have dealt with him so much it has not only help me spot him every single time, it has also helped me spot other troublemakers such as Mr. Horner (which reminds me, Horner is over there crying about being tossed for being "pious", but he was indeed tossed for using multiple accounts).

What pisses Eric off the most nowadays is that I am a moderator here. He M.O. is trying to form alliances with other members and dreaming up grandiose schemes to have me removed as a moderator. I just sit back and laugh, and continue to catch him every single time he comes back on the boards. I think the score must be Jim 100 Eric 0 by now.

Offline sgt ladylove

• Classy Tomato
  • Applehead
    • Ladylove's YouTube page
I still wish, in my heart of hearts, that he hadn't been banned.  I'm speaking from the most selfish of motives, since I enjoy reading slipp's posts as though sipping fine wine.  Or perhaps I feel cheated because no sooner does he make his appearance than he's trumped off whatever forum he attempts to post at.  I think his "good old days" are gone simply because he hasn't been afforded an opportunity to create new memories to brighten all our Christmases.

However, I don't have to moderate...and that makes all the difference.  I think trying to moderate his posts, and people's responses to it, would be worth more than they pay you for.   ;)  I may wish for otherwise, but I think you made a good call.  He does tend to become the focus and main topic of conversation of wherever he is.

Offline Bruckman

• Birdbrain
I still wish, in my heart of hearts, that he hadn't been banned.  I'm speaking from the most selfish of motives, since I enjoy reading slipp's posts as though sipping fine wine. 

Sickdrjoe, I think, compared reading Slipp to mainlining heroin, but this was in the old days when he had about a half dozen usernames.

Another sickdrjoe-ism I've never forgotten: "I'd like to dry and cure your [Slipp's] brain and then smoke it. Probably tastes like grape bubble gum from all the sugar you've ingested." [One of Eric's defenses as to why he acted so strangely was hypoglycemia].

I used to have a list of Slipp aliases but I've forgotten most of them now. The ones I can remember:

Bunionhead
Herbolsheimer
P Nis
Reggie Ocklington
Thomas Hedison
Angillus
Gorilla Watson

I know i've left off at least as many as I've remembered: the sum total of Slipp's aliases must run into a couple dozen by now (some were banned after only an initial appearance). However, the above do reveal how Eric's mind works. Herbolsheimer, from his Germanic name, you'd expect to be from the Midwest, or at least a semi-Prussian Nietzschean like myself. But no, he lives in County Wigan, England. Reggie Ocklington, you'd think would be English, but he spoke in an inept, white-bread street rapper sort of way. Angillus "lived" next door to Eric and was friends with him, but they sometimes went months w/o seeing each other. (Adults, of course, seldom have friends who live right next door, except in sitcom world). Each of these personae was meticulously proven (by Eric, of course) not to be him.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Bruckman, how can you forget MEDITRAN, eight people posting under one user name, so he claimed!  That was SLIPP's best user name.  Each letter stood for a member of the group, (all I remember is that I was Ian). 

Man, I wish I still had some of those old e-mails and posts, some priceless stuff there.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
By all means, sgt ladylove, keep it up!  This stuff is priceless!  Hell, if there's a lot of these exchanges still around, I'm tempted to create another board as a Islipp Archive!   ;D

I had been suffering from a migraine all day (well, not completely - I slept through as much of it as I could), and reading these exchanges has really brightened my day.  Eric in his prime was the Ed Wood, Jr. of the Stooges boards.

Note: This is in reference to posting old Islipp threads, which have since been seperated. S#1
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 11:21:58 AM by shemps#1 »

Offline Bruckman

• Birdbrain
Okay, so I forgot Meditran. Urgh. You know you're a true-blue Slipp opponent if you can name all 8 components:

M=Matt
E=Edie
D=Dave
I=Ian
T=?
R=Roger
A=?
N=?

5 outta 8.

Bunionhead lived in Santa Fe (apparently downtown) and collected Matchbox cars. P Nis, obviously, was a tool. HottAngie (another I forgot) may or may not have been Slipp pretending to be his own sister. (At this point, there are few people he knows whose identities he hasn't usurped for on-line purposes).

How can anyone not enjoy that essay, with its rivetingly vague opening line "I remember a Coca-Cola commercial from the early 80s that might actually have been brought back from the early 70s."

Rob, that particualr thread runs for pages. My comment don't even come in until about page 4.

Slipp had to ask for an extension on its composition, too - spent several weeks (allegedly) working on it.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Sombody had to copy those old .com threads. Doc maybe?

Offline sgt ladylove

• Classy Tomato
  • Applehead
    • Ladylove's YouTube page
Perhaps, but it's hard to say.  I do remember that at one point his posts were archived, until Slipp complained (under various aliases) to the webmaster who got them removed off his site (via "multiple complaints"  ???)  I'm certain he has some, but some of the real greats, I'm certain, were never saved because it was BEFORE it was considered pure gold.

2cool247   
(8/21/02 18:57)
  EZboards suck, because Slipp is a crybaby, MUST READ THIS!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 It appears Slipp cried to the eazyboard presidents as his many characters, because I recieved an e-mail from EZboard saying they had to shut down the classic forum due to " several complaints " they got... Slipp, you REALLY pissed me off this time... thats all Im going to say.

Heres the E-mail I got:

I've received a number of complaints about posts at your board -
specifically, copying and altering posts from other boards, invasion of
privacy (using real names for users) and abusive posting - all of which I
can see. You need to get this under control. A good start would be to
delete the Classic Post forum and get rid of the threads attacking Slipp.
You are certainly free to ban someone from your board - what you are not
free to do is use real world information, copy materials from other boards
without permission, and abuse them.

You can clean it up, or I can. It will be a lot better for your account and
your board if you do it.

sdemello@ezboard.com

I sent you this email over 48 hours ago and received no response - so I
assume that you have no intention of dealing with this. I have deleted your
Classic Posts forum and some 9 topics in your other forum. More threads of
this kind and your board, and subscription, are in jeopardy. It would be
good if you responded to this, so that I can be sure that you are clear
about this.

sdemello@ezboard.com

My response:

That is this one man Islipp who keeps complaining, because his posts are there, and the posts show the true moron he really is.. this aggravates me. I didnt violate any terms of service, and I dont think what you did was right. He was bumping old threads to the top of the boards, so I banned him, and gave what the posters wanted... a forum in which his posts could be seen, and saved. This man was so sick he faked his own death, posted at a lost children site, pretending to know something about the missing child, posts a million and 1 times as different characters, and only SOME of the stuff he did. The purpose of The forum that you had no right to delete was to show everyone why we are always on Islipp, if they felt like sticking up for him. Once again I am extremely mad that you took the liberty to do this, with out looking into why that forum was made.

There Response Back:

You had plenty of time to make your case, and you chose not to do so. Respond to my emails and we can avoid this in the future – ignore me, and take your chances.

Steven DeMello

President and COO

ezboard, Inc.

sdemello@ezboard.com

Here I go:

You are right about that, but look, dont threaten me, I really dont like it, esp. as one of YOUR customers. I am only 16 years old, and I have reached over 4,000 posts on the board in less than 5 months... Dont tell me how to run my board, Like I said... The real names will stop, the abusive posts will stop.... But as long as we say
" Islipp " and not use his real name, there really is nothing that says we can't. 

sickdrjoe
(8/22/02 10:25)
  Re: EZboards suck, because Slipp is a crybaby, MUST READ THI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
 "What you are not free to do is use real world information, copy materials from other boards without permission, and abuse them."

Hey, cocksmoker, the following is copied from THIS board, 'fair use' implies if you post something stupid you should expect to be made fun of, 'Slipp' has no information about the real world, and if it originated on this board it is the PROPERTY of this board's owner. Why don't you focus on a real issue - like you got taken by a Net troll who's been banned from half-a-dozen msg boards AKLREADY and who sent you 3 or 4 emails under different pseudonyms in order to goad you into Doing Something. Politically correct schoolmarms like you are the reason this country has declined into the moronic morass it currently resides in. 'Duhhhh - uh oh! Free speech is okay, I guess, but not if somebody somewhere complains!' Way to go, Nathan Hale! The idea that the Internet is in part entrusted to rabbits like you - who panic when angry email lands in your server - is nauseating.

Doesn't sound promising.  :( 

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well I might have found something, from this site a couple of years back that might have been deleted.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yep, it's from 2003 and no longer on this board. If it's any good I'll post it here.

Pilsner Panther

By all means, sgt ladylove, keep it up!  This stuff is priceless!  Hell, if there's a lot of these exchanges still around, I'm tempted to create another board as a Islipp Archive!   ;D

I had been suffering from a migraine all day (well, not completely - I slept through as much of it as I could), and reading these exchanges has really brightened my day.  Eric in his prime was the Ed Wood, Jr. of the Stooges boards.

What an insult to Ed Wood, who, after all, is now regarded as a Hollywood immortal.

[nuts]

Slipp is more like Criswell, the hokey fortune-teller who introduces "Plan 9 From Outer Space." He makes a lot of "serious" pronouncements that turn out to mean absolutely nothing, and have almost no relation to the subject at hand... whatever it might be.

Sickdrjoe's continual verbal flaying of Slipp is classic stuff, though, in its own way. Rob, you really ought to create a "Slipp Archive," as you suggested... great idea.

I'd also compare Slipp to Wile E. Coyote— since no matter how terrible a pummeling he gets, he keeps coming back for more!

;D

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You know what, fuck it. I'm going to create a "Slipp Classics" board and seperate these into different threads. This stuff is just way too good.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
You know what, fuck it. I'm going to create a "Slipp Classics" board and seperate these into different threads. This stuff is just way too good.

Good God, man!  What have you done?!  You've unleashed an avalanche!   

[rotfl] [pound]

Sickdrjoe fencing with Eric is classic message board comedy! [fencing]

And so is Eric's unique insanity, which really shines out when viewed en masse like this. [dance]

Major freakin' kudos on running with my idea.   >:D  [highfive]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
What an insult to Ed Wood, who, after all, is now regarded as a Hollywood immortal.

Is it possible to insult Ed Wood?  Have you seen Glen or Glenda?    >:D