The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Re: Slipp

· 106 · 42184

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well ladylov there's only so much I can take when it comes to Islipp. It's just not the same as it was in the old days, he's past his prime. Hell, if you get a couple of people to agree with you I'll lift the ban on the Islipp account, but I'm sure he'd do something stupid in no time and get re-banned.

Pils, yeah that guestbook can use some serious cleaning up. Even before Eric was over there entertaining himself that thing was a mess. What it should be used for is "great site, I love the Stooges, Curly was my favorite....blah blah".

Edit: It seems like someone over there reads this board, a bunch of posts have been removed.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
Yes, some posts over there have been removed, including mine from this morning "thanking" Gorilla "for starting this crap." His are mostly gone, too. None of the deleted posts used any profanity, (which would normally be the only reason for a posting over there to be deleted-the posters themselves cannot do it) so I hope C3 do not have anything up their sleeves! I used to post over there regularly, but it has become even more of a three-ring circus lately, so now I only post when responding to a serious inquiry.
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

Offline sgt ladylove

• Classy Tomato
  • Applehead
    • Ladylove's YouTube page
Well ladylov there's only so much I can take when it comes to Islipp. It's just not the same as it was in the old days, he's past his prime. Hell, if you get a couple of people to agree with you I'll lift the ban on the Islipp account, but I'm sure he'd do something stupid in no time and get re-banned.
You have to do what's best for the site, Shemp.  Actually, the real fun used to be the rather one-sided rivalry between him and SickDrJoe.  Does he come here at all?  It was the chemistry between those two that added up to a cracking good read.  :D  It was like watching Mike Tyson ravage Mr. Bean.  And you just couldn't look away!!

Pilsner Panther

You have to do what's best for the site, Shemp.  Actually, the real fun used to be the rather one-sided rivalry between him and SickDrJoe.  Does he come here at all?  It was the chemistry between those two that added up to a cracking good read.  :D  It was like watching Mike Tyson ravage Mr. Bean.  And you just couldn't look away!!

Sickdrjoe hasn't posted anything here in a really long time; actually, Dunrobin picked me to replace him as a moderator after he departed these boards for other parts.

That's a very cool picture of Shemp and Christine, by the way. Until I read how you did it, I could have sworn it was a real publicity shot!

[thumbsup]

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead

I don't think it's really necessary to lift the ban Jim.(thats up to you) From what I've learned the last couple of weeks, he'll be back using another name anyway. It'll be kind of interesting trying to spot him.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Jim, if you're tallying opinions, I'll cast a vote for having Slipp reinstated or unbanned or whatever. Obviously if he's going to be an irritant to most I don't expect you to do it. I just enjoy a good laugh once in a while. In a way, I feel as if the guy's suffered so much (albeit deservedly) that am willign to cut him some slack - I buried the hatchet w/him some while ago and as long as he doesn't antagonize me personally I have no problems with him. Am a little sorry he got under the skin of everyone here so quickly. But that's what I get for not coming around more often. (Hopefully the next few weeks I'll be online a bit - like Slipp's supposed persona this time around, I'm on the road a lot - but for real). Slipp's always got a backstory for every character but that of an OTR driver from a guy who in real life is unable even to hold a driver's license approaches absurdity.

On the other hand, after seeing his posts here, I feel like a doctor who's watching a patient have an unfortunate relapse. "He was doing so well, too."

I don't suppose you still have the old 24-7 forum bookmarked, Jim, but Slipp posted there last month and I could sorta see a breakdown coming. A sane person doesn't start up arguments with four year old posts on a dormant forum he thinks nobody is going to see. It ties in with that mindset of wanting to get caught Pils spoke of in an earlier post.

And Eric, if you're reading this, please get some help, counseling, go back on yr meds, whatever, and spare us.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well if he thinks posting as me over on the guestbook is going to curry my favor he's out of his mind. As if anybody was confused, the person posting at the guestbook is NOT me.

Alright Bruck, I trust and respect ya. Consider him reinstated.

Why do I have the feeling I have just opened Pandora's Box?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead
Well if he thinks posting as me over on the guestbook is going to curry my favor he's out of his mind. As if anybody was confused, the person posting at the guestbook is NOT me.

Really ? Had me fooled... :laugh: Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead

Because, "The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions" ?

Offline Bruckman

• Birdbrain

OK, us members of the Red Sox nation stick together. If he acts up, let the fallout be on my own head.

Eric, I expect you to give me some major karma points for standing up for you, and never again let me catch you saying I didn't put my street cred on the line nor helped you.

Line forms on the right for the dunking booth, ladies and gentlemen. Three balls for a buck.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Here it is before it gets deleted, my one and only post on the threestooges.com guestbook.

Quote from: The Man Himself     8/14/2006 8:03:01 PM
Wow, it’s a regular shemps#1 fan club over here! It’s great to see that there is a place for the "slow" Stooges fans to go after I throw their asses off of "dotnet" (I hate to break it to you though, this isn’t a message board).

The simple fact of the matter is not having you guys at "dotnet" improves the site vastly. In case any of you rejects were confused, the person using my name is not me. I would imagine the most recent "shemps#1" post would tip most people off, but I forgot how slow most of you truely are.

By the way Eric, in case you did not get the message I have reinstated your account at "dotnet". Perhaps now you can put an end to "shemps#1 lovefest" here and let this site get back to what it’s truely about: honoring the legacy and career of the Marx Brothers.

S#1

PS: Don’t worry, this my one and only post here. You idiots can curse me all you want for all I care.

xraffle

Well, if he gets unbanned, be prepared for more problems. Eric obviously has nothing to do because he's having a grand time at the threestooges.com guestbook posting under Jim's name. He really needs to take up a hobby or something to keep himself busy.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I must commend the webmaster over at the "official site" for his swift action. My post, as well as the rediculous imposter posts and any post referring to those posts are indeed gone.

I wish you the best of luck in restoring order on that guestbook: you're going to need it.

Pilsner Panther

I must commend the webmaster over at the "official site" for his swift action. My post, as well as the rediculous imposter posts and any post referring to those posts are indeed gone.

I seem to have thrown a cold bucket of water on someone over there when I suggested that maybe no one was moderating that guestbook at all. Which proves, if nothing else, that someone at C3 is looking in here at "dotnet," at least occasionally. Good for him (or her) for stepping in and cleaning things up.

:police:

I wish you the best of luck in restoring order on that guestbook: you're going to need it.

I wouldn't like to think that "dotcom" is turning into a catch-basin for all of our rejects, but things do seem to be shaping up that way. For some reason, I'm reminded of "The Island Of Misfit Toys" in "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer."

And it's not even Christmas...

[twitch]

Offline sgt ladylove

• Classy Tomato
  • Applehead
    • Ladylove's YouTube page
I don't suppose you still have the old 24-7 forum bookmarked, Jim, but Slipp posted there last month and I could sorta see a breakdown coming. A sane person doesn't start up arguments with four year old posts on a dormant forum he thinks nobody is going to see. It ties in with that mindset of wanting to get caught Pils spoke of in an earlier post.

And Eric, if you're reading this, please get some help, counseling, go back on yr meds, whatever, and spare us.

http://p206.ezboard.com/f247forumfrm1

Just catching up on the old posts myself.  I particularly love Sickdrjoe's comic signature! 

Pilsner Panther

Well, if he gets unbanned, be prepared for more problems. Eric obviously has nothing to do because he's having a grand time at the threestooges.com guestbook posting under Jim's name. He really needs to take up a hobby or something to keep himself busy.

This is Jim's call, since we Mods operate independently and I'd never tell him what to do, or vicey-versey. Still, I'd give Slipp a time-out of six months or so instead of reinstating him right away. He's only tolerable in small doses.

::)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well you might not have to worry, Pils. We exchanged emails, and he was giving me terms and conditions on his coming back! LOL

Pilsner Panther

Well you might not have to worry, Pils. We exchanged emails, and he was giving me terms and conditions on his coming back! LOL

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That picture sums it all up perfectly.

Offline Bruckman

• Birdbrain
Once, years ago subsequent to another of Eric's bannings, he dictated even more stringent terms concerning his reinstatement, and I made a post along the lines of Pilsner's pic - which may or may not prove great minds think alike. (More like: "O what a noble mind is here o'erthrown"). Actually, mine had the Nazis, after the capitulation of Germany, dictating terms to Churchill, but the theme was identical.

This is the way Eric's mind works: "If I'm wanted someplace, I won't go there until everyone else acknowledges how important I am. If, on the other hand, I'm not wanted, I'll hang around until (a) I've proven my nuisance value and driven everyone to distraction, or (b) I'm banned."

This perversity causes me to wonder why I even try to be nice - niceness not really being one of my strong points.

Frankly, Eric's "terms" depress hell out of me. The same old "I'm not [fill in the blank], I think it's [blank], but if I were [blank]...." Cox, we've heard all this too many times before. You may have a short memory (I could throw in an observation about Eric being 5-3 but won't), but we don't, and I can still identify your writing style at ten paces without corrective lenses.

I'd lay odds on Eric's reappearance under another screen name but it would be sucker money.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Why even try indeed, Bruck. You know I try to be nice and he goes to the threestooges.com guestbook and posts this fucking garbage (which I hope they will remove like they did the other crap).

Hey Eric, they were finally relieved of all of those garbage posts and then you go ahead and put more garbage up there? Do you think that will make them side with you or something? Who gives a shit! Your idiocy/lunacy knows know bounds.

I was going to keep the email you sent me private, but I'm going to post the first sentence just to show how much of a fucking liar you are. Never posted there before my ass.

Quote from: Easy E     8/16/2006 11:40:22 AM
Nice place, for a Stooges site without a real message board. I’ve been a Three Stooges fan for nearly 30 years (most of my life). My favorite Stooge is Shemp.

The dot net refugees: I feel your pain. I go back with the guy who banned most or all of you for 5 or 6 years. It has been his fault that my name is still being dragged through the mud since my previous big feud on the message boards. I have tried to make comebacks to start a new, peaceful life on the boards, but he has always managed to "catch" and expose me like I’m some kind of criminal and like I actually was an intentional troll for as far back as he knew me. He thinks he has done some kind of great service this way, when it would mean absolutely nothing if he didn’t try to "sniff me out" and expose me.

I am a moderator on a pro wrestling board, and believe me, those fans can get much rowdier than Three Stooges fans. That said, I have seen him do unspeakable acts to innocent posters and ban them. I have seen him come down extremely hard on some posters for something so small as slight misspellings. And his "boss" and fellow mod just make allowances for him and side with him just because he keeps the place "tidy" and free from troublemakers. Geez, I do all that and be nice and polite and much more fair to posters than he ever was, and at a pro wrestling board! I’d be more likely to give passes for the minor offenses (which of course, he sees as major offenses, just because they are his personal eyesore).

So don’t be down on yourselves too much. Most of you did fine. It’s him who should be relieved of some power or totally stripped, not you who should’ve been relieved of some posting privelges or totally banned.

One word of warning: If you intend to post at the Stoogeworld board, be aware that he posts there too, in a more spelled out version of his dot net username. Take a totally different username and don’t ever let on that you were even called out by him, or else he will turn the whole board against you like has done me, and have everyone flaming you. Just treat him as part of the scenery, like a screen border the background color and ignore whatever he says.

I wish you all the best in your current and future posting endeavors (I just wish for your sakes that it was an actual message board).

Sincerely,
The real ISLIPP (who has never posted in this guestbook before).

Quote from: Islipp via email to shemps#1
I wasn't the "Red Sox team" one, but I'll own up to "James Kane
Zanidiot".

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Even more fun with Slipp, and someone else enters the fray as well.

Quote from: Easy E 8/16/2006 2:28:36 PM

By the way, if you just read the self-righteous, "I’m not like that" garbage that he (the guy I was talking about) posted at the dot net site, he and I are both right about my never posting here before. I simply meant that all those other "ISLIPP" posts of the past here were not me, but these Easy E ones are the only real ISLIPP posts ever posted here. I am the original... the only ISLIPP.

Multiple personalities aside, you claimed you never posted over there, and got busted. Stop lying.

This one is not Islipp, but someone who is even worse of a person in my opinion.
Quote from: Tom Jim Jack 8/16/2006 3:58:58 PM

I want all of you stooge posters to be aware of something. 3stoogesdotnet is run by a pot smoking liberal who cusses worse than a sailor. Don’t let your children on to that sight. He is an even bigger looser than John Kerry

Poor Dan Horner, the Stooge Preacher extraordinaire. What the matter Dan? Pissed off because I BUSTED you for having a Mult, which is against the rules, and banned you for it? Guess what? I don't give a shit. What gets me is that you are too cowardly to man up and post under your handle. You claim to be a "Man of God" and all of that other good shit, yet you call me a "looser" (sic). You are nothing more than a phony pseudo-Christian giving real Christians a bad name. I don't mind at all being called a "looser" (by the way, it's LOSER, you idiot...unless you mean that I loosen things?), but at least have enough balls to be upfront about it.

Just when they thought they were getting rid of their troll infestation over there, it only gets worse. Perhaps the two of them will have a good circle-jerk over their free copies of the New Testament and forget about the guestbook.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's over, sorry Bruck. I've gone ahead and re-banned Eric and all Web TV users. It's obvious all he wants to do is stir up shit, let him do it at the guestbook.

Offline Bruckman

• Birdbrain
Am sorry I only made a lousy situation worse. You don't need that shit.

Now they've gone and hurt Rob's feelings by calling him a "pot smoking liberal"!

Why do I get the sense that all these people over on this guestbook rode the short bus to school?

Pilsner Panther

Am sorry I only made a lousy situation worse. You don't need that shit.

Now they've gone and hurt Rob's feelings by calling him a "pot smoking liberal"!

Why do I get the sense that all these people over on this guestbook rode the short bus to school?

Bruck, here's a quote from a famous literary figure, that I think you'll appreciate:

"No good deed ever goes unpunished."

—Dorothy Parker (1893-1967)