Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Looking to find the name of a short (Curly gets licked by a cow)

Offline bigdavebooth

There is one short that curly gets licked by a cow. I remember that he goes to say bye to a cow and it licks him in the face.  I can't remember what the story line was about but if you know the name of the short plz help a fellow stooge fan out. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 03:57:01 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Pilsner Panther

That's in Cactus Makes Perfect, released in 1942.

One of the funniest, most "cartoony" Stooges shorts, and one of my all-time favorites. I love what happens right after Curly bids his fond farewell to Betsy the Cow, and the Stooges go off to seek their fortune. Everything we've seen so far has led us to believe that they live on a farm somewhere way out in the country, but they walk across the street and it turns out that Mother Stooge's farmhouse is right downtown in the middle of a big city!

A little touch of comic genius, there... I wonder how many people notice it the first time they see it? It took me a couple of viewings to catch it.

:D

Offline FineBari3

One of the funniest, most "cartoony" Stooges shorts, and one of my all-time favorites. I love what happens right after Curly bids his fond farewell to Betsy the Cow, and the Stooges go off to seek their fortune. Everything we've seen so far has led us to believe that they live on a farm somewhere way out in the country, but they walk across the street and it turns out that Mother Stooge's farmhouse is right downtown in the middle of a big city!

A little touch of comic genius, there... I wonder how many people notice it the first time they see it? It took me a couple of viewings to catch it.

:D

Oh YEAH!  I probably have not seen that short in a decade, and I had forgotten all about that gag. I have to check the Filmography now to see who directed it.

I wonder if that was an old silent comedy gag?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson