The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"My Stooges" Is Back!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks, Rob.  I know I keep asking, but are you adding a "My Stooges" page anytime soon.  I have a lot to add.

Nag, nag, nag - you'd think that you had been waiting for damned near a year or something!  (Oh wait, that's right - you have!)
 [bricks]

Well, "ask and ye shall receive", as the good book says, and we aims to please!  I'm happy to announce that the My Stooges feature is making it's comeback.  I just added the first stage, My Stooges Collection (on the Community menu), where you can record which episodes you have on video tape or DVD.   You can also indicate whether you are willing to trade or have a need for an episode, for the upcoming "Stooge Swap" portion of My Stooges.

My roadmap for expanding My Stooges is:

• Stooge Swap - October 2nd (will list episodes members need  or are willing to trade)
  • My Stooges Memorabilia - October 16th (members will be able to record their memorabilia)
  • Stooge Swap - October 30th (expanded to include memorabilia)

As always, those dates are not carved into stone.  It will largely depend on how busy I am at work and with side projects for web site customers, but as things currently stand that is a reasonable time frame.

Super Soivace! [whoo]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:30:26 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
Many thanks, Rob.  Glad I don't have to write it down on a piece of paper anymore.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline scottkuhl

It appears that Soup to Nuts is not on the drop down in My Stooges.  Or am I "nuts"?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
It appears that Soup to Nuts is not on the drop down in My Stooges.  Or am I "nuts"?

If you already have it in your listings, it won't appear in the dropdown menu to avoid duplications.

Offline scottkuhl

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I don't have anything in my list.

Well, then "Soup to Nuts" should certainly be in the list, right after "Some More of Samoa."  I logged on with a different user name, which I knew didn't have any listings in My Stooges, and I see it there in the drop down menu. 

I also logged back in as Dunrobin and checked my current collection.  I did have "Soup to Nuts" in my listings, but since it's actually my brother's copy I just deleted it, and sure enough - it's now listed in the drop down menu.  It should be listed in yours.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Many thanks, Rob. Glad I don't have to write it down on a piece of paper anymore.

Paper?  Paper?  Oh yeah - now I remember the stuff!   :D

I can type faster than I can write (at least, if I want to be able to read it later), so I hardly ever make paper lists of anything, anymore.  I used to keep track of my collection in a spreadsheet, myself.

(I've got to completely re-do my own list, as my brother and I divided the Stooge tapes between us when he moved into his own place last year.  I'm not even positive what I do have now, except for the fact that I got all of the "store" tapes, and he took the ones taped from TV.)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Well, I'm running behind schedule (which is par for the course), but I just added the Stooge Swap - Video feature to the site.  (You can link the link in the site menu at the top of every page, under the Community menu.)

The page has two lists.  The episodes listed on the left are the ones that members have indicated as needing for their collection.  The number in parentheses next to a member's name indicates that person's priority for obtaining the episode, with 1 indicating a low priority to 10 for highest priority.  If you are willing to help a member complete their collection, click on the name to send them a private message.

The episodes listed on the right are those which members have designated as being available for trade.  If you are looking for that episode for your collection, click on the member's name to send them a private message.

The lists are built from the data members enter into thier My Stooges Collection, so please be sure to keep yours up to date.  If you no longer need an episode, or no longer have one available for trade, please update your information.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 07:49:58 PM by Dunrobin »