• Stoogeum Open House: August 08, 2009
  • Stoogeum Open House: September 12, 2009
  • Stoogeum Open House: October 03, 2009
  • Stoogeum Open House: November 28, 2009
  • Stoogeum Open House: December 26, 2009

Offline BeAStooge

The Stoogeum Open House dates...
VISITING THE STOOGEUM
The Stoogeum does not have regular operating hours. About once a month there are "open house" dates during which you can visit. Open House dates are listed below. Groups of 20 or more can also make an appointment to visit. To arrange an appointment, simply email the curator. Please include the date and time that you'd like to visit and the number of people in your party. The curator will do his best to accommodate your request. Keep in mind that photography is not permitted inside the building.

"Open House" Dates for 2009

Sat. Feb. 21   10AM to 3PM
Sat. Mar. 28   10AM to 3PM
Sat. Apr. 11   10AM to 3PM
Sat. June 6   10AM to 3PM
Sat. July 11   10AM to 3PM
Sat. Aug. 8   10AM to 3PM
Sat. Sept. 12  10AM to 3PM
Sat. Oct. 3  10AM to 3PM
Sat. Nov. 28  10AM to 3PM
Sat. Dec. 26  10AM to 3PM

[youtube=425,350]jIrZiEFyg5s[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:15:48 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

Offline FineBari3

Where the heck did that pinball machine come from??? It wasn't there on display in April!

I saw one before that was custom-made, because there is not an official Stooges pinball machine.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline garystooge

I saw one before that was custom-made, because there is not an official Stooges pinball machine.

That's the machine that is now at the Stoogeum...I've been trying to get it off the guy that built it for several years and he finally caved in. It was delivered during Memorial Day weekend and had been a big hit with visitors.  It's basically a 1978 Dolly Parton Bally machine that the guy worked on for hundreds of hours to customize the graphics and sounds. Here's some more info about it:
http://webpages.charter.net/strange218/pinball_website_007.htm
Gary

Offline FineBari3

That's the machine that is now at the Stoogeum...I've been trying to get it off the guy that built it for several years and he finally caved in. It was delivered during Memorial Day weekend and had been a big hit with visitors.  It's basically a 1978 Dolly Parton Bally machine that the guy worked on for hundreds of hours to customize the graphics and sounds. Here's some more info about it:
http://webpages.charter.net/strange218/pinball_website_007.htm
Gary

Yup, that's the exact same one I saw. I remembered that it was a 1978 Dolly Parton. Well, now I have an excuse to take the train somewhere this summer!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline BeAStooge

The Friday, August 28, New York Times has a feature article on The Stoogeum.

Here's a link to the online edition of the story.

Offline FineBari3

I will be making my trek out to the Stoogeum for my annual "Larry's Birthday and Six-Months After The Fan Club Meeting" trip next Friday. I have made it out to Philadelphia every year (except one) since 2003.

Mr. Finegan, are you going to be there? How about you, Brent? Anybody else?

I can't wait to play the pinball machine at the Stoogeum!

I will be taking the train, and I hope there will be some beautiful fall colors to see and photograph!
Mar-Jean Zamperini