Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

How many times did Curley dress as a woman?

Offline McSnuff20

He was a Harem girl in Wee Wee Monsieur, Mrs. Dennis O'Toole in Mutts to You, Mrs. Dodge in Uncivil Warriors, a Flora Dora girl in Pop Goes the Easel, Diana in Matriphony, bearded Lady in Three LittleTwirps, Senorita Coukaracha in Microphony, a Black mammy in Uncivil Warbirds, an Indian squaw in Whoops, I'm an Indian, glamour girl in Movie Maniacs, and did I forget any? Hope I didn't offend anyone. ???

Offline ProfessorStooge

Curly dressed as a woman 13 times. Here is a list of films that featured him in drag:

Three Little Pigskins
Pop Goes the Easel
Uncivil Warriors
Movie Maniacs
Whoops, I'm an Indian!
Wee Wee Monsieur
Mutts to You
Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise
Nutty but Nice
Matri-Phony
Micro-Phonies
Uncivil Warbirds
Rhythm and Weep

For the record, Larry was in drag 13 times, Moe appeared in drag 10 times, Shemp was in drag 3 times, Curly-Joe was in drag once. Joe Besser was the only Stooge to never dress like a woman in a Stooge film. Final total of Stooge drag appearances: 40

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
[snips] Joe Besser was the only Stooge to never dress like a woman in a Stooge film. [snips]

Au contrare... Joe Besser was in drag in every film.

As a "man".  >:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Ringworm

Ha ha! Hee hee! Ho ho!

Loco Boy Makes Good, Curly puts on the bonnet to play the wife in Moe's song. Mmm, sauer kraut!

Offline McSnuff20

Good one.  Of course the bonnet. I forgot all about dressing in those silk gowns in Three Little Pigskins.  "What's that blind man's bluff?  If it's what I think it is we're go'in home. Not me I'm staying. Seltzer spray. "I'm still staying." Slaps him "Well are you staying now?  "Well I don't now." :o

Offline Wilson7777

I think the funniest part of that bit was when Larry mutters "HOLD IT NOW!" after Moe says "are you staying now??"

Larry and Shemp seemed to have done the most ad-libs, although Moe has done many too.
===========
Wilson7777

Offline Bammer

There was one Curly short where he dressed like a woman, 'Self made Maids"

Offline Bammer

Offline archiezappa

I believe that Micro-Phonies was the funniest episode with Curly in drag. 

MOE:  You lost your voice.

CURLY:  Where?

Offline Bammer

Yeah, Micro-Phonies was pretty good, I liked it when they popped those cherries in that guys mouth. [3stooges]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I wonder if Nutty But Nice qualifies as "Dressed as a Woman" (as McSnuff20 asked) ...
all three of our boys were dressed up in that episode as female children (a.k.a. girls), and therefore would NOT constitute them as being dressed as "women". Dressed as a FEMALE, maybe, but not as a woman.

(I know ... pick, pick, pick!)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline archiezappa

I wonder if Nutty But Nice qualifies as "Dressed as a Woman" (as McSnuff20 asked) ...
all three of our boys were dressed up in that episode as female children (a.k.a. girls), and therefore would NOT constitute them as being dressed as "women". Dressed as a FEMALE, maybe, but not as a woman.

(I know ... pick, pick, pick!)

Well, it would qualify as them being in drag, since the boys were dressed as girls.