Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stolen (plagiarized) Stooges Line.

jrvass · 10 · 2377

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
My sister had a knee replacement yesterday and tonight I visited her in the hospital. Her husband and son come by later. While the 4 of us are there, she told about getting her knee x-rayed.

"Why?" - him

"I don't know." - her

"Maybe to see how well it is progressing." - him

"Or to find his 'tools'!" - me   >:D

Anyone else quote Stooges quips?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline MarioD

I often use the line "I seen my duty and I done it!" I often say it when I try to help the wife with something and she says I screwed it up.

Mario

Offline locoboymakesgood

I quote the Stooges all the time. One of my favorites is the "Search this thing with a fine tooth comb."
"I haven't got a fine tooth comb, but will a wired brush do?"

I also just randomlly spit out my signature "Do you take this horse collar as your lawfully wedded harness?". The reactions I get are quite humorous.

Also, I noticed a lot of people inadvertantly quote the Stooges. When someone asks something that requires an odd answer, people I know spit out "Because ice cream doesn't have bones!" (or words to that effect), which Curly himself said. Was that line used earlier than that, like a phrase that was coined years ago? I just find it odd that non-Stooge fans manage to know that line.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Pilsner Panther

I'm not really talented at doing voices, but I can do a near-perfect Curly (which is funny if only because I look absolutely nothing like Curly). One time, I was standing in the lobby of a concert hall with my girlfriend, and she asked me, "Have you got the tickets?" I said, "I thought you had the tickets!" Then I started searching frantically through my pockets and burst out with a loud "I'm a victim of soicumstance!"

This cracked up everyone in the vicinity... oh, and it turned out that she had the tickets in her purse, the weasel-brain.

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
"Well, seeing as there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon." Useful on road trips when you stop at a Flying J at 3 a.m.

"I'll have this done before you can say Ticonderoga - if you can say Ticonderoga - if you can say anything!"

Most of my Stooge plagiarized lines are employed either in the kitchen or while working on a car. In the kitchen I've been known to refer to eggs as "cackle fruit" and to comment "Nice fresh chicken too" when taking the bird out of the deep freeze. "Sunny side down - and don't turn 'em over" is how I describe my fried eggs.

Working on cars allows me to say "Tools? Yeah the tools you been using for the past [insert any time period] years!"

When I was a treeplanter I and two other guys often did the Stooges' "Hello" greeting in ascending scales, only instead of saying "Hello" we usually used other words, not suitable for posting on this part of the board.

I've always wanted to pick up the phone at work and bark "Yeah - this is Madame de France" into it, just to see what kind of response I'd elicit.

Once in a while I've knocked something off a shelf and commented, "What idiot put that up there? Oh, I did. Boy, am I dumb!"
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Online Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I'm prone to using "Oh, takin' me illiterately, eh?" and "Oh! A wiseguy!"  My brother and I often use the lines from A Gem of a Jam: "I wouldn't say yes, and I couldn't say no."  "Would you say maybe?"  "I might!"

My mother's favorite line was always, "Are you casting asparagus on my cooking?"

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I forgot "So tell me, are you married or happy?" -me

or...

"Are you married?" -someone
"No, I'm happy!" -me

;)

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline JazzBill

I have plagiarized names used to describe people. Such as Puddin' Head , Half-brother to a Weasel , Imbecile , and my favorite ( when someone does something really stupid ),Mental Midget.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline NicktoBarada

Haha, these stories are great!  I'm always quoting the Stooges at every opportunity. I always tend to say "soitenly!" in answer to a question that probably only required a simple "yes"... but that's not as much fun.   ;D  I also do that funny "laaadeedeeeee" sound that Curly makes, usually when I'm in the kitchen preparing "can-a-peas", of course.  And I won't even go into the time I let out my best yell in imitation of Larry's Tarzan call that he did in "Disorder in the Court"... let's just say I surprised a whole bunch of beanbrains that day!   >:D
At your service, day and night, we do the job and do it right!  ACME!!

Offline Sr. Peedro Alvarez

A friend of mine at work looks just like Larry, so when I need his assistance I yell out,"Hey Porcupine. Come here!"
Glad To Meet Me.