Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 334934

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
As a matter of fact, yes, they can.  I hadn't thought about that; since he was banned fairly quickly, I didn't consider that he might have done it himself.  It's still quite possible that I did it myself, though.

Either way it's unlocked now.   ;)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
No, it was probably him then; wanting to make sure he got the "last word". Little did he know that I can post in locked threads. I would have unlocked it if I knew it was him, I just didn't want to step on your toes.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I just checked the logs, and it only shows me changing the "Locked" status this evening.  If I had locked it earlier today, it would have been in the log, so it must have been him.

Pilsner Panther

Hello Kind Sirs:
    If it isn't too much trouble could someone tell me why I can't post in the "Stooges In Other Movies Thread".
If I should be looking in some other thread please forgive me and please don't call me names. (as I am very sensative) Calling me names will give me birth marks.If I don't hear back from you , I'll just figure I'm a big fucking ass-hole and not worthy of a response.   Thank You Kind Sirs !!!!!!!!   Bill     :laugh:

"O, How grievously doth I suffer! My raiment be but sack-cloth and ashes, in the freezing frost, Jack, and the sneezing snow; I fall, starved, in a swound! Would that I had'st even a single cold bean to eat— but verily, the accurs'd, flea-bitten rats have carried it off! My last bean, by the same good grey rats that I've trusted to share my horse-piss'd bed of straw and wattles, and to keep me warm 'gainst Winter's wintry blasts. Forsooth, I'd sooner trust a ev'n a relative before a rat, after such an indignity as they've thrust upon me!

"Upon mine fundament, my very arse-hole! The lowest, and most surly, vile peasants pass me by as I lie in the gutter, and call me foul names: "Poltroon! Imbecile! Jackanapes! Why don't you wipe yourself?"

"'Tis not mine own misfortune that I can't see the back of myself, 'tis the will of the Almighty!"

Anyone who wants to run with this lame routine can take it from here...

[fear]

Offline FineBari3

Hello Kind Sirs:
    If it isn't too much trouble could someone tell me why I can't post in the "Stooges In Other Movies Thread".
If I should be looking in some other thread please forgive me and please don't call me names. (as I am very sensative) Calling me names will give me birth marks.If I don't hear back from you , I'll just figure I'm a big fucking ass-hole and not worthy of a response.   Thank You Kind Sirs !!!!!!!!   Bill     :laugh:

Kind sirs?!?!?!?!?!

Jeez, what does that make me? (I am one of the few and proud female Stooge fans here!)

(You may begin your groveling, peasant!)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Pilsner Panther

Kind sirs?!?!?!?!?!

Jeez, what does that make me? (I am one of the few and proud female Stooge fans here!)

We'll make you an honorary Kind Sir, then.

As for groveling, nobody does it like the old master (see previous post).

[salame] Grovel Grovel Grovel  [salame]

Offline JazzBill

Kind sirs?!?!?!?!?!

You do realize that post was dripping with sarcasm. Jim and Pil's did. (I think)
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline JazzBill

Is anyone else having a problem on the Home Page? Everything is running off on the right side of the page. I'm not sure if something is wrong on the site or if some setting is off on my computer.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Is anyone else having a problem on the Home Page? Everything is running off on the right side of the page. I'm not sure if something is wrong on the site or if some setting is off on my computer.
Yep - it was screwed up alright, and it was Pilsner's fault.   [bonk]

He updated the notes for Pilsner's Pick of the Week, and he put a long line in as a break, instead of using the "horizontal rule" (< hr >) command.  I'll take my share of the blame, though, in Pilsner's defense; there wasn't a button for it on the toolbar in the edit window. (It's there now, Pils, although you may have to clear your browser's cache first to make it appear.)

Needless to say, it's fixed now.  Sorry about that!   :-[

Offline JazzBill

I'm just glad it was on your end, my wife has a bad habit of letting the grandsons play on the computer. Then after they leave I usually run into problems somewhere. Coincidence? I think not.   

Pilsner Panther

That's what happened, all right— sorry folks, I just proved once again that I'm a Technical Chowderhead First Class. But it looked fine on my screen, and I had no idea that I was screwing up everybody else's.

[no]

Besides, as Rob just pointed out, there didn't seem to be any other way of putting in a horizontal line. I will now do penance by giving myself 500 lashes with a boiled squid.

[bricks]

Offline sgt ladylove

Hello, there!  I'm a newbie on this site without actually being a newbie to stooge forums.  I've been out of the loop for awhile.  Some folks might know me from awhile back, and this seemed as nice a place to say "hello!" as any.  So...hello!

To make this official, I'll ask a Stooge question:  Has there been any discussion about creating a DVD box set with the stooges, without necessarily paying for the remastered/colorized versions?  It seems a shame, with reasonably-priced Marx Brothers and Harold Lloyd features being released, that the stooges are almost cost-prohibitive if you want to own a DVD collection.  Just didn't know if anything was in "the works".  There's only so many versions of "Disorder in the Court" and "Brideless Groom" you can buy for cheap.

Offline FineBari3

Hello, there!  I'm a newbie on this site without actually being a newbie to stooge forums.  I've been out of the loop for awhile.  Some folks might know me from awhile back, and this seemed as nice a place to say "hello!" as any.  So...hello!

To make this official, I'll ask a Stooge question:  Has there been any discussion about creating a DVD box set with the stooges, without necessarily paying for the remastered/colorized versions?  It seems a shame, with reasonably-priced Marx Brothers and Harold Lloyd features being released, that the stooges are almost cost-prohibitive if you want to own a DVD collection.  Just didn't know if anything was in "the works".  There's only so many versions of "Disorder in the Court" and "Brideless Groom" you can buy for cheap.

Hey! Nice to see another female fan here!!!

There have been several discussions on why Columbia wont release a proper boxed set. BeAStooge is the expert on all of this discussion, and I am NOT! Maybe he can chirp in here and give a quick rundown?

BTW, where did you get the nice color pic of Shemp and Christine?!?!?!?!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline sgt ladylove

Hello, FineBari!  It's a pleasure to meet you as well!  Nice to see some other gals with good taste.  :D

I made my avatar myself.  I did a Yahoo image search for Christine McIntyre, found one I liked, then used Adobe photoshop to cut it into a square.  (Original photo found at http://taillefer.tripod.com/ChristineMcIntyre/pa6.html )

Finally, I used some freeware called "PIXresizer" to make it into a 64x64 avatar.  http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm (This is a great tool!  I've used it for years for everything from avatars to powerpoint presentations.  It's cool, free stuff!)

I'd be happy to try to make you one if you find a piccie you like (of any size).  I'm still not certain if there's an attachment feature here, but if I can get it to you, it's yours.

Offline FineBari3

Hello, FineBari!  It's a pleasure to meet you as well!  Nice to see some other gals with good taste.  :D

I made my avatar myself.  I did a Yahoo image search for Christine McIntyre, found one I liked, then used Adobe photoshop to cut it into a square.  (Original photo found at http://taillefer.tripod.com/ChristineMcIntyre/pa6.html )

Finally, I used some freeware called "PIXresizer" to make it into a 64x64 avatar.  http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm (This is a great tool!  I've used it for years for everything from avatars to powerpoint presentations.  It's cool, free stuff!)

I'd be happy to try to make you one if you find a piccie you like (of any size).  I'm still not certain if there's an attachment feature here, but if I can get it to you, it's yours.

Awesome! I have been looking for something to make avatars with! KEWL!

If you are into the Photoshop stuff, there are some talented people on this site that post their Photoshop creations (Pils!!!!). There was a thread awhile back that he had the Stooges placed in famous works of art!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Pilsner Panther

Awesome! I have been looking for something to make avatars with! KEWL!

If you are into the Photoshop stuff, there are some talented people on this site that post their Photoshop creations (Pils!!!!). There was a thread awhile back that he had the Stooges placed in famous works of art!

Who, me? I never did any such thing... Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pip Pip

Hey! Nice to see another female fan here!!!

There have been several discussions on why Columbia wont release a proper boxed set. BeAStooge is the expert on all of this discussion, and I am NOT! Maybe he can chirp in here and give a quick rundown?

BTW, where did you get the nice color pic of Shemp and Christine?!?!?!?!

That is a nice color pic of Shemp and Christine.  They were so good together.  I just wanted to chime in that I am another female Stooge fan.  So nice to know I'm not alone.  I've been here for quite a long time, but I don't post often.

Offline sgt ladylove

Hi Pip!!  Very nice to meet you!  I hope now that you've come out of lurking, you'll post more often.  :)

Ever notice how all the ladies like Shemp?   ;)

Offline Pip Pip

Hi Pip!!  Very nice to meet you!  I hope now that you've come out of lurking, you'll post more often.  :)

Ever notice how all the ladies like Shemp?   ;)

He IS a charmer.

Offline senoritacucaracha

Hello.  I've been hanging around here for a few years myself and have never posted but your avatar made me smile.  The pic looks like it's from Brideless Groom...cousin Basil!  That one was a riot...one of Shemp's best! 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hello.  I've been hanging around here for a few years myself and have never posted but your avatar made me smile.  The pic looks like it's from Brideless Groom...cousin Basil!  That one was a riot...one of Shemp's best! 

senoritacucaracha!  Haven't seen you in years!   [cheers]

larry

senoritacucaracha!  Haven't seen you in years!   [cheers]

I haven't seen senorita Cucaracha in years either.   In fact I've never seen her.

La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
Ya no puede caminar;
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marijuana que fumar.

8)

Offline senoritacucaracha

Gracias for the bienvenida.  This seems like a nice place and I'll be back more often.
Larry, mamacita allowed her muchachas to sing about cucarachas but not about mota.
When I was a squincle, we sang variations.

la cucaracha, la cucaracha
ya no deja de llorar
porque le falta, porque no tiene
nadien mas con quien jugar

Offline oshag

Notre Dame reference??

I am looking for the episode where Curly makes a reference to Notre Dame.  I believe it is either You Natzy Spy, Dutiful but Dumb or I'll Never Heil Again.

I think Moe says something like "I'll take this route"
Larry says "i'll take this route"
and Curly says"....and I'll take Notre Dame and seven points"

Any help?