Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 334936

Offline kharisma

Considering that the whole dialogue is in 'song', I am guessing that the names were chosen simply to rhyme.

Offline soy10ly

Has anyone out there seen the Three Stooges in person in ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey?  If so, I'd like to interview you!  Let's talk!

Offline Glennm27

I am a Stooges fan and have been for well over 40 years BUT one thing (I'm sure there are others) that I do not know is, What is the significance of the number 6  7/8 with the stooges?  I've seen six and seven eighths appear quite a few times in their shorts but have never know what that number signifies or why it shows up so often...

Anyone know the answer?

Offline Rich Finegan

I am a Stooges fan and have been for well over 40 years BUT one thing (I'm sure there are others) that I do not know is, What is the significance of the number 6  7/8 with the stooges?  I've seen six and seven eighths appear quite a few times in their shorts but have never know what that number signifies or why it shows up so often...

Anyone know the answer?
It's a hat size that apparently The Stooges (or the writers) thought sounded funny.

Dog Hambone

Rich Finegan is right. 6 7/8 is a hat size. Hats aren't nearly as popular these days as they were back in the 1930s or 1940s, so the joke isn't as obvious as it once was. 

I thought it made for a good gag when Moe asked what size diaper a baby should be wearing, & Larry answered, "I don't know. Maybe 6 7/8!"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:42:28 PM by Dog Hambone »

Cartoonguy

Hello fellow Stooge fans, please excuse me if this topic has come up before, but this is my first post to this forum, so please bare with me, my question be; Besides from a few photos, are there any surviving elements of the censored 10 Commandment scene from “Heavenly Daze,” scripts, audio, if I ‘m not mistaken, I believe the scene was axed before cameras rolled. Thanks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Besides from a few photos, are there any surviving elements of the censored 10 Commandment scene from "Heavenly Daze," scripts, audio, if I ‘m not mistaken, I believe the scene was axed before cameras rolled.

Nothing has turned up to substantiate that.

Offline Apple Skin on Inside

The Curly short, where they are in a cow milking contest, is the better of the two.
For Duty and Humanity
We All Put the Yeast In

Offline bachlor2000

Where can I purchase an animated three stooges screensaver for windows XP and windows Vista?  thanks........bachlor2000

Offline norborder

My question is simple - in which episode(s) did Curly utter the word "sabatoogie"?

Offline FineBari3

Where can I purchase an animated three stooges screensaver for windows XP and windows Vista?  thanks........bachlor2000

You are probably out of luck there. You may be able to find one somebody made on the internet that is unlicensed.

I think there is a screen saver somewhere on this site, but it is not animated.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline bachlor2000

You are probably out of luck there. You may be able to find one somebody made on the internet that is unlicensed.

I think there is a screen saver somewhere on this site, but it is not animated.

Thanks much FineBari3 for reply and effort [cool]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Quote from: bachlor2000

Here's a suggestion, depending on your Operating System.  If you have Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32-bit edition only), Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit editions), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit editions), or Windows Server 2008 you can download and install Windows Live Photo Gallery.  It comes with a screensaver function.  Then grab the Stooges pictures that you like (you can check our Image Galleries), saving them to a folder on your computer.  You can then go into your screen saver settings and set up the Photo Gallery screen saver to use your Stooges folder.

UPDATE:  I should also mention that the Photo Gallery program is free.  ;D

Offline locoboymakesgood

Here is a revue of "Doctor Death: Seeker of Souls" (1973) DVD, from DVDbeaver.com;
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews49/doctor_death.htm
So.. what is your question exactly?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Cartoonguy

Well considering this is only my second post, my understanding was that I’m still considered a”Newbie”, so sorry.

Offline FineBari3

Thanks much FineBari3 for reply and effort [cool]

Sure!  You know, it is wallpaper that is here, not a screensaver.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline norborder

IDLE ROOMERS (1944)

Thanks BeAStooge!

I completely forgot about that in IDLE ROOMERS. I was actually thinking of a short where Curly got hit with something while his back was turned (or a similar situation) and then uttered "Oh, sabotoogie, eh!"

Does anyone recall which short that was in? Thanks again!

jka12002

Ive been a Stooge fan since i was a kid dont get me wrong when i ask this....

There was a Besser short that saw once as a kid but was never shown again since then, i remember a scene where Moe's "Niece"  was singing the stooge theme, she did something wrong and the stooges chased her around to spank her. Then Moe falls into a vat of water and yells "Dammit!"

what was that short?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Moe's "Niece"  was singing the stooge theme, she did something wrong and the stooges chased her around to spank her. Then Moe falls into a vat of water and yells "Dammit Dag-nab it!"

SWEET AND HOT (1958)

Offline Rich Finegan

Ive been a Stooge fan since i was a kid dont get me wrong when i ask this....

There was a Besser short that saw once as a kid but was never shown again since then, i remember a scene where Moe's "Niece"  was singing the stooge theme, she did something wrong and the stooges chased her around to spank her. Then Moe falls into a vat of water and yells "Dammit!"

what was that short?
Your description sounds like the Besser - Three Stooges short SWEET AND HOT in which Muriel Landers dressed as a little girl sings "Three Blind Mice".

jka12002

Thanks guys, oh and thanks for the correction BeAStooge.

Offline norborder

Thanks BeAStooge!

I completely forgot about that in IDLE ROOMERS. I was actually thinking of a short where Curly got hit with something while his back was turned (or a similar situation) and then uttered "Oh, sabotoogie, eh!"

Does anyone recall which short that was in? Thanks again!

Can *anyone* answer this?

I've continued to search but just can't find the answer. Thanks!

Offline FineBari3

Your description sounds like the Besser - Three Stooges short SWEET AND HOT in which Muriel Landers dressed as a little girl sings "Three Blind Mice".

You and BeAStooge answered this within 14 seconds of each other!

Super-soivice!
Mar-Jean Zamperini