Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A personal grievance....

Offline NoahYoung

metaldams,

There must be a typo in the standings on mlb.com
It says the Yankees winning % is .743, and the BoSox .400
Also, BoSox are 12 games behind the Yankees.
That can't be right. It's only 5/17.
 >:D

Burt Lancaster was too short!
- The Birdman of Alcatraz

Offline metaldams

metaldams,

There must be a typo in the standings on mlb.com
It says the Yankees winning % is .743, and the BoSox .400
Also, BoSox are 12 games behind the Yankees.
That can't be right. It's only 5/17.
 >:D

The Red Sox have blown 10 saves already.  It’s what happens when you have no closer.

The Sox tend to have really crappy teams some years laced in with a World Series victory every few years these past couple of decades.  I’m OK with it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline NoahYoung

The Red Sox have blown 10 saves already.  It’s what happens when you have no closer.

The Sox tend to have really crappy teams some years laced in with a World Series victory every few years these past couple of decades.  I’m OK with it.
I'm OK with the Red Sox being crappy this year.
 :laugh:

Offline Shemp_Diesel

If Major League umps have a blooper reel, I believe the ump in this Mets/Rockies game made it, referring to the Rockies as "Denver." Apparently we had a game with the Broncos no one knew about....     ;D
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline NoahYoung

Metaldams,

Let's play GM. I'll give you Joey Gallo and Aaron Hicks. Who would you give me in return?

Offline metaldams

Metaldams,

Let's play GM. I'll give you Joey Gallo and Aaron Hicks. Who would you give me in return?

What are they, left and centerfield?  Without knowing their contract status, I wouldn’t want them.  I think the Red Sox are better off with Verdugo and Kike.  Gallo strikes out too much and Hicks is a guy who has flashes but never reaches his potential.

If I were really GM, I’d have to look at contract status of all involved, age, salary, etc.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

….though the more I’m thinking about it, giving you Christian Arroyo and three prospects for Hicks and  one of your better relievers might work.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

….though the more I’m thinking about it, giving you Christian Arroyo and three prospects for Hicks and  one of your better relievers might work.

….and as I say that Arroyo crushes one today.  [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I know my opinion is "slightly" biased, but if it weren't for the Mets having the best announcers in the business, this would be a tough ass-whoopin' to sit through today....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

I know my opinion is "slightly" biased, but if it weren't for the Mets having the best announcers in the business, this would be a tough ass-whoopin' to sit through today....

Is Ron Darling one of the Met announcers?  The Red Sox have good announcers, though we sadly lost Jerry Remy last October.  Dennis Eckersley is really entertaining for the Sox and it’s interesting having Kevin Youkilis announce because he’s my age and brings that generation’s perspective - something I’m getting used to being past playing days!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yes, Ron Darling is with the Mets, even though he had this series off and it's just Gary Cohen & Keith Hernandez.

I was sad to hear about Mr. Remy, I always thought he was one of the best whenever I would watch the local Boston feeds. It's great the team is wearing the patch to honor him....

Offline metaldams

Yes, Ron Darling is with the Mets, even though he had this series off and it's just Gary Cohen & Keith Hernandez.

I was sad to hear about Mr. Remy, I always thought he was one of the best whenever I would watch the local Boston feeds. It's great the team is wearing the patch to honor him....

Keith Hernandez as well!  Getting those ‘86 Mets in there.  I was a fan of his as a kid.

Remy had that Bah-ston accent that was perfect for the Red Sox and a funny guy as well.  He is definitely missed.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
The Miami Marlins... just WTF man...
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline NoahYoung

What are they, left and centerfield?  Without knowing their contract status, I wouldn’t want them.  I think the Red Sox are better off with Verdugo and Kike.  Gallo strikes out too much and Hicks is a guy who has flashes but never reaches his potential.

If I were really GM, I’d have to look at contract status of all involved, age, salary, etc.

Gallo -- left field
Hicks - center

Hicks has about 3 years left on his contract after this year. He sucks this year. It's been a while since there was a season where he wasn't hurt or had a decent year.
We would probably have to eat some of his contract if we traded him to you.

I think Gallo is a free agent at the end of the year. He sucks, too. He barely hits .200, and he's on pace to hit only about 20 homers at best.

That's why I want to get rid of them. I'll take minor league prospects from you.

Offline NoahYoung

Now that we lost Chad Green to Tommy John surgery, and Chapman is hurt, we can't spare any relievers.

We'll take Arroyo for Hicks and Gallo, and eat half of Hicks' contract. How about that?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-yankees/aaron-hicks-12148/
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-yankees/joey-gallo-17565/

Offline NoahYoung

Hicks is hitting .200, with  1 hr and 7 rbi in 120 at-bats.
Gallo: .167, 5 hr, 7 rbi, also in 120 at-bats.
They both suck eggs.

Offline metaldams

The lady above the Braves zero is my Aunt.  Would have been a feud if the Red Sox made the World Series last year.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Watching the Astros/Mets game & thinking how refreshing it is to see a game where both starting pitchers get into the 8th inning--and, of course, Verlander was dealing for 8 shutout innings. Too bad this is not the normal for today's game....

Offline metaldams

Watching the Astros/Mets game & thinking how refreshing it is to see a game where both starting pitchers get into the 8th inning--and, of course, Verlander was dealing for 8 shutout innings. Too bad this is not the normal for today's game....

The Red Sox have thrown three complete games this year, including a 1-0 Michael Wacha shut out.  The old school fan in me loved it.  Hell, when Gerritt Cole beat the Astros 1-0 last year going nine, the baseball fan in me shoved my Yankee hatred aside and appreciated it.

For perspective, the last time a Red Sox pitcher threw a complete game before this year was 2019.  Yeah, pitchers going deep needs to happen more often.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline NoahYoung

Watching the Yankees has taken up most of my spare time, so I haven't been here in a while.
The BoSox have improved. I'm worried about Houston, though.
It ain't over til we get to the end of October.

Offline metaldams

Watching the Yankees has taken up most of my spare time, so I haven't been here in a while.
The BoSox have improved. I'm worried about Houston, though.
It ain't over til we get to the end of October.

The Yanks look real good this year.  At this point, I think only Houston can stop them, but we’ll see.  Anything can happen.  Guarantee the Yanks will get the Twins in the playoffs again, I wonder how that will end?  [pie]

The Saturday night game was the first time the Yankees lost a game leading after seven innings and sadly enough, the first time the Red Sox won one while behind after seven.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Having seen Houston destroy my Mets in 4 games, they look like an unstoppable machine come October.

But--as with most sports--momentum can always swing on any given night...

Offline NoahYoung

The Yanks look real good this year.  At this point, I think only Houston can stop them, but we’ll see.  Anything can happen.  Guarantee the Yanks will get the Twins in the playoffs again, I wonder how that will end?  [pie]

The Saturday night game was the first time the Yankees lost a game leading after seven innings and sadly enough, the first time the Red Sox won one while behind after seven.

I'm worried about your Red Sox now, too. Not for the division, but if they meet in the post-season.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I guess I could use this space to gripe about the Mets needing to make a move before the trade deadline, to acquire a big bat--like Juan Soto--or another arm in the bullpen, but there are probably many teams who need to fill those gaps.

At any rate, I trust the NY Mets braintrust will pull some kind of big deal before it's too late....

Offline NoahYoung

I wouldn't be surprised now if the BoSox finish ahead of the Yankees this year...