Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

archiezappa singing and driving

Offline archiezappa

This is me, using my real name (Bryan Harwell), in the music video for the song I wrote called "Serious Delirious (The Coffee Song)." On the recording, that's me on guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and sound effects. Enjoy!

Offline metaldams

Throw in some vocal harmonies and it would sound like one of those light hearted Brian Wilson moments.  Nice job!  Great that you play multiple instruments, I only play bass.  Just subscribed to your channel.

Rush "The Trees"

Since you play bass, please let me know what you think.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Sounds good. You're a much better bass player than I. Well, my songs are not very complicated. You rock!

Offline metaldams

Sounds good. You're a much better bass player than I. Well, my songs are not very complicated. You rock!

Thank man.  Keep in mind bass is all I play.  I actually play guitar the same two finger style as I do bass since I'm not good with a pick, and that doesn't work well on guitar.  Drums I can do one basic beat in 4/4 and one in 6/8, and when it comes to singing, I have this uncanny ability to sing in all 12 keys in one vocal phrase.  I did write lyrics to a song over twenty years ago for a local band while in high school, ironically called, "The Coffee Song!"  I think that somehow got lost in time, LOL.  You play it all and write, so good work.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Thank man.  Keep in mind bass is all I play.  I actually play guitar the same two finger style as I do bass since I'm not good with a pick, and that doesn't work well on guitar.  Drums I can do one basic beat in 4/4 and one in 6/8, and when it comes to singing, I have this uncanny ability to sing in all 12 keys in one vocal phrase.  I did write lyrics to a song over twenty years ago for a local band while in high school, ironically called, "The Coffee Song!"  I think that somehow got lost in time, LOL.  You play it all and write, so good work.

I especially appreciate the comparison to Brian Wilson. I do love the Beach Boys. Yeah, I haven't really mastered any one instrument, but I have written many songs. In writing, I know each song inside and out. Thus, I get what I want from each instrument. Sometimes, through trial and error. Sometimes, through happy accidents.

The other thing is that, since I do everything, I have complete creative control from the first written word to the final recorded master. It's a lot of fun, but I don't make money from it.